Anyone have morning sickness yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 05-08-2007, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just curious because with DS I didn't start feeling sick until well after 10 weeks. I'm 5 weeks 2 days today and I have been so sick that I can barely move. I don't ever remember it being this bad and my preggy pops don't seem to be helping at all. Any other ideas?
#2 of 16 Old 05-08-2007, 04:17 PM

I have heard that ginger helps.
#3 of 16 Old 05-08-2007, 04:22 PM

Haven't thrown up yet, but I'm nauseas and I have a headache. I still have a crap load of work to do.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#4 of 16 Old 05-08-2007, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

for DS when i felt sick all I had to do was suck on a mint and it went away, with this one its not doing anything. I think it might have to do with the heat and not having A/C either but I feel like im going to die.
#5 of 16 Old 05-08-2007, 05:13 PM

I didn't get m/s with either of my boys and this time I've been so sick. I've thrown up 3 times today and its only 1pm! Soooo hoping that this doesn't last the entire time!!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#6 of 16 Old 05-08-2007, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Oh i know how you feel, and the heat isnt helping me either. I threw up so far 7 times today over a 12 hour period.
#7 of 16 Old 05-08-2007, 08:47 PM

I've been continuously nauseous since 5 weeks. I feel like such a wimp but all I want to do is lie around all day. Luckily, no throwing up though. I haven't tried mints or ginger yet. What types of foods and eating habits have helped others in the past?

Tiffany partner to Charlie and Mama to DS Ciaran (1/08) and DS Finnian (4/11)
Adding a third in July!

#8 of 16 Old 05-08-2007, 09:50 PM

I am so glad that I am not the only one who has nausea this early and bone deep fatigue..

Mama to my tribe
#9 of 16 Old 05-08-2007, 10:35 PM

I get nauseous every night around 9:00pm, but it's been getting more frequent. I've only thrown up once though. Ginger ale has been working wonders for me.

wife to DH since 10/03, mama to DS (12/07)
also mom to small zoo: 3 snakes, 4 and one very lovable pit bull
#10 of 16 Old 05-08-2007, 11:09 PM

Wow...I feel so blessed! I don't even have food aversions! Just the normal "that doesn't sound good" but I had that LONG before pg! No MS yet.... : it stays that way!
#11 of 16 Old 05-09-2007, 01:46 AM

I've got it. It was more subtle and easily averted last week. Now I'm six weeks along, and it's much stronger. I haven't thrown up yet, but unless it gets better the puking icon is in my future. Why is this the way to make a baby???

Here's a link with some good ideas: Horrible Morning Sickness

I did ginger, saltines and miso soup when I was pregnant with dd. They helped in small doses, but wore out their welcome and sound awful to me this time around. Now I'm using Vit B supplements in conjunction with my prenatal, jolly ranchers (sparingly - instead of preggie pops), Crystal Geyser carbonated juice (because water makes me want to throw up - HOW CAN THAT BE???), lots of fresh fruit, and protein at meals. Also cutting back/cutting out dairy. I don't know how well my plan is going to work - I'm still getting sick. The jolly ranchers are oddly the most helpful. (I never in my life thought my prenatal routine would involve decreasing my water intake and adding hard candy to my diet. But I hate throwing up - I've got other things I need to be doing!)
#12 of 16 Old 05-09-2007, 11:57 AM

I had a two day respite from morning sickness that got me really paranoid for awhile. It trickled back yesterday and I'm now suffering big time. I haven't been this nauseous in a very long time, though no puking yet. On top of all this, my boobs are burning.

Isn't pregnancy fun?

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#13 of 16 Old 05-09-2007, 12:36 PM

I've definitely got it...although it usually more of an all day thing than a morning thing. If it's in the morning it's pretty much directly related to how soon I eat after getting up. If it's sometime during the day it's usually related to how much sleep I've had or if I'm thirsty. Sometimes taking a nap or drinking a lot of water seems to help.

ETA: Oh...and I've definitely got the food aversions, too. Sometimes just the thought of eating makes me feel ill.
#14 of 16 Old 05-09-2007, 12:39 PM

Nausea just set in last night after dinner, and I vomited once. This morning I have been dead tired and slightly nauseous, and just a little bit ago I leaned over the toilet not really thinking I would vomit, but as soon as I opened my mouth... I don't feel extremely nauseous, just like an uneasy stomache and I am totally hating the feeling of my jeans buttoned against my tummy.
#15 of 16 Old 05-09-2007, 01:10 PM

I've been feeling nauseous for a couple of weeks, this morning was the first time I actually threw up though. I'm really hoping that this doesn't last very long! How do you handle M/S when you have a toddler as well?

SAM, momma to 3 beautiful babies: Tristan (5), Gabriel (4) , & Brighton (2)

#16 of 16 Old 05-09-2007, 01:58 PM

The two tips Ive heard: Lemonheads and mint gum

Hope you ladies get some relief. *hug*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page