How to tell hubby I'm pregant? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-09-2007, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello ladies!
I just found out that I am pregant with our 2nd.
I want to tell my hubby, of course, but can't get together a
creative way to let him know.

So, how did you let your partner know?
Hopefully, I'll be talking to you all very soon!
Peace
#2 of 11 Old 05-09-2007, 05:40 PM

I gave my little boy a sign that said "I'm going to be a big brother" and when daddy got home from work he walked up to the door and gave it to him. There was a moment where Nick didn't really understand, and then it clicked and he had a big smile on his face.

SAM, momma to 3 beautiful babies: Tristan (5), Gabriel (4) , & Brighton (2)

#3 of 11 Old 05-09-2007, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Ah!!
That's a good one...
DH always talks about that one day DS is going to be a big brother....how weird!
#4 of 11 Old 05-09-2007, 05:45 PM

not in your ddc but i want to share how i planned on telling my husband (and how i ended up telling my little sister who is away at college):

i put together a mix of songs, all of which had references to babies in them!

now, this didn't end up working perfectly with my husband because our first test was so faint that i ended up showing him to confirm before i could give him the cd. i still gave him the cd, and he loved it.

i ended up making another cd for my little sister (some of the same songs, some different) and sending it to her at school...actually, i sent it to her best friend, who hung it on our door so she wouldn't know it was from me and i STILL got a call the next morning with lots of squealing and "ARE YOU PREGNANT?"s.

i seriously love this and i think i will do it with future babes as well so that my husband has a cd to commemorate each pregnancy. hopefully next time i'll be able to hold out and actually surprise him with it!

i'm happy to share songs as well.

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

#5 of 11 Old 05-09-2007, 07:14 PM

Having a CD to commemorate each pregnancy is a wonderful idea!

My husband actually knew before I did.

Early on in our adventure of conception, I had bought a box of tests from CVS and used two. As I realized how many I would need at my current rate, I bought a bunch less expensively online. In a fit of housecleaning, I reorganized the bathroom, throwing away unnecessary packaging. For the next two cycles I used the tests I purchased online... and then came this week where my flow was late, my breasts were tender, but every other day I had another negative test. I used up the last of the online tests.

Monday morning rolled around, and I arose to my alarm still convinced I was pregnant. I ransacked the bathroom looking for that last CVS test that I knew was in there somewhere (found it hiding amongst some old scrunchies) and as the expiration date was good I went ahead and peed on it. But when the time came to read those little lines! I had thrown out the instructions months earlier. I couldn't interpret the test.

I went and prodded my sleeping husband and asked for his advice. I searched for instructions online and found them for every name brand, but not CVS. Finally, we decided that the results looked most like a negative e.p.t. test, so I went off to classes thinking I was still negative.

He went out for some groceries midmorning, and stopped by CVS. Apparently he whooped and got a little emotional, standing there by himself in the family planning aisle.

When I got home for lunch, he was very indirect - he had bought all kinds of special food treats for me and kept smiling cryptically as I helped him to unpack and put them away, but I was very wound up about my morning class and it took me awhile to catch on. I guess I was trying to not have my hopes up anymore.

So it ended up being a pretty unique story.

full time student, crunchy wife to my woodsy man, and mom to 2 homebirthed, cloth diapered, tandem breastfed kiddos. 
#6 of 11 Old 05-10-2007, 12:46 AM

This is not exactly the same thing but bear with me. April fools two years ago my close friend decided to trick her husband. She got his 8 month pregnant cousin to take a pregnancy test. Then she took to positive test, put it in a gift bag with lots of tissue paper and left the bag on her husband's desk at work. Although she really wasn't pregnant I still thought this might in the right circumstances be a cute idea.
#7 of 11 Old 05-10-2007, 01:35 AM

DH takes about 2 weeks off during the holiday times and is always complaining about wanting more time off. So my plan for this baby was to tell him that he finally can get that month off that he always wants. But instead we went out to lunch and ds#1 got to tell him. Which to me was a little bit more special. Ds#1 has told all our family so far. Which because he's 5 and understands everything, I'm really excited to share this pregnancy with him as well. When my youngest was born he was only 2.5 and probably can't remember anything. That's how old ds#2 is now, but we're trying to involve him as much as we can too. I'm sure he'll understand more when my belly gets big and he can feel the baby move. Paul (ds#1) asked today why they were going to my FIL's tomorrow and I told him its cause I have my mw appt, and asked if I was bringing the baby home tomorrow. Thought it was really cute!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#8 of 11 Old 05-10-2007, 03:11 AM

With our first I did a geeky thing and scanned the HPT. I emailed him a little picture of it with no explaination. I don't think he'd ever read a pregnancy test before, but figured it out pretty quickly, I'm sure.

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#9 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic-momma View Post
I gave my little boy a sign that said "I'm going to be a big brother" and when daddy got home from work he walked up to the door and gave it to him. There was a moment where Nick didn't really understand, and then it clicked and he had a big smile on his face.
Thanks for the suggestion organic mommma!
I wound up using this....
Ds and I were out in the garden when Dh arrived home from work.
I slipped the sign around Ds neck and he ran up to Dh and said "prize daddy!"
Dh was shocked, even though we were trying....I had had my 1st period last month, the 1st in 2.5 years....fertile again!!
He loved the sign and is very happy!!
#10 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 07:57 PM

I have a few books for DH to read to DS when he gets home from work... both about being a big brother. LOL

Dani, wife to Cullen - 9/2002, mom to CJ 11/2004, Billy 12/2007 and Nora 7/2009
#11 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 09:57 PM

I bought a greeting card and gave it to him. It's one for new parents, and the last line said "Congratulations on you newest little family member". I just wrote "January 18, 2008 Love, Elise". He got it right away and admitted he had been pretty sure for 3 weeks now. Funny, since I didn't ovulate until 2 weeks ago.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page