**The Chit Chat Thread** - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 85 Old 05-15-2007, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm alright. The bleeding is still going as well as the cramping, but I think I passed everything this morning. Surprisingly I feel good. I'm not overly upset (any more) and I'm really looking to the bright side of things. Now I can work on losing some more weight and spending more 1X1 time with DS. I guess I just feel like if I dwell on the bad I'm only hurting myself and my family. I'm still having sad moments and hormonal changes like crazy which I expected, but I'm doing ok. I'm looking forward to my vacation in June and to TTC some day in the future

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#62 of 85 Old 05-15-2007, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well yes. I suppose there'll be fluctuations in your feelings about it over time. s and more s

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#63 of 85 Old 05-16-2007, 12:26 AM

Sarah I'm so sorry to hear it, but I'm glad that you're doing okay.

How's everyone doing, symptom wise? I've got some mild cramping which I'm sure is just my Belly Bean digging in further. I'm also gassy : and constipated. Blech. : DD is still nursing and sometimes when she latches on, it feels like her mouth is full of glass. But, for the most part, we're still doing okay with the nursing. I have no plans to wean her yet, and am not opposed to tandem nursing if that's what ends up working for us.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#64 of 85 Old 05-16-2007, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniscus View Post
My Kidlets and Me - I used to live in WA and my FAVORITE place in the whole world is BC!!! I absolutely LOVED Victoria - I didn't want to get on the ferry to go home every time I went. Butchart Gardens, tea at the Empress , Lush , walking around downtown, oh and Murchies. *sigh* I miss it. It is SO beautiful there. There was a park around there too that was so peaceful but I don't know the name. I was there the day the Queen came a few years ago but didn't see her. Interestingly she came to Richmond, VA last a few days ago, where I now live, but I didn't see her then either. Anyway, I just had to say I think you live in HEAVEN. I am sure the tourists get to be a pain but it is still heaven to me.
Yeah, I like it here.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#65 of 85 Old 05-16-2007, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
How's everyone doing, symptom wise?
tired, nauseated, dizzy
but happy to be pg! :
#66 of 85 Old 05-16-2007, 08:29 AM

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
#67 of 85 Old 05-16-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
How long did your bleeding last? I started last night and it was like medium flow (sorry tmi!) and now it's like a light period. I'm just wondering how long to expect it to last. Thanks again I may just stick around to chat because I like you guys

I hope this doesnt scare you, but I bled for 47 days. I was around 8-9 weeks when I miscarried, so that may have something to do with it. The dr. had told me it should last 1-3 weeks, so i was a little surprised when it lasted over 6 weeks. But, no one I have talked to on here or in real life has bled that long.
#68 of 85 Old 05-16-2007, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matey View Post
I hope this doesnt scare you, but I bled for 47 days. I was around 8-9 weeks when I miscarried, so that may have something to do with it. The dr. had told me it should last 1-3 weeks, so i was a little surprised when it lasted over 6 weeks. But, no one I have talked to on here or in real life has bled that long.
No it doesn't scare me I'd like to get some worst case scenarios just in case it does happen to me. Right now it's a light period and this morning I have no noticable cramps. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be a short process.

Thanks for all the info and well wishes ladies It really helps!

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#69 of 85 Old 05-16-2007, 02:43 PM

I don't remember exactly how long I bled after my m/c but it seemed like it dragged on and on. I think the m/c with heavy bleeding took about a weekend and then about a month of light bleeding and some spotting. It really seemed to drag on if I remember correctly.

I don't know if this is true or not but I feel like the m/c kind of really cleaned me out. I had one kind of weird period after the m/c and then got pregnant with my son on the next cycle. Hopefully you will have a similar experience.

There is a lot of good information on the pregnancy loss forum. I think I remember a lot of people saying to drink lots of water during the process. Here is hoping for a speedy recovery.

~~Mama to DS1 6/05 and DS2 12/07~~
#70 of 85 Old 05-16-2007, 10:16 PM

Moms who bled 4-9 wks -- did you go to the doctor?

**********TMI ALERT!***********
I had some very weird periods before we recently ttc. VERY VERY heavy and a few months ago one was rather ODIFEROUS. I wondered if I had m/c or something. Very weird. Anybody else notice the odiferous part with their m/c? My m/c in 2004 was not. ***SORRY that was TMI***

Symptoms: I had a lot of gas to begin with, but now it's constipation. Still exhausted a lot of the time. Today CRANKY but quite recently I was better.

Today at work I noticed my right boob began feeling itchy (bottom, inside, under the nipple. I kept looking in my bra to see if something was in there and noticed several things on my boob that looked like little bite marks. A flea? My cubicle mate has TONS of plants. Did I mention it's a jungle in there? Others have been complaining about some migrating fleas. Tonight I'd had a good look at my boob....there's seven spots that are itchy and pink/red.... perhaps little bites? Think I'll give it a few days and see if it just goes away. Couldn't be a rash, could it? (paranoid)

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#71 of 85 Old 05-16-2007, 10:34 PM

I didn't go to the doctor. My dr. had prepared me for large amounts of blood and from what I read on the pregnancy loss boards it seemed a lot of people were amazed at the amount of blood - many went to the hospital thinking something was wrong only to find out they were in at the end of the m/c. Mine was rather painful for a day or 2 when the bleeding was heaviest and I never really saw anything that looked like tissue - just a lot of clotting. I don't remember an odor.

After the main m/c the bleeding afterward was more like a light period and spotting. I knew you bleed awhile postpartum so I guess I just thought it was like that. Although I didn't bleed nearly that long postpartum. I guess maybe the week or so after the m/c it was like a normal period then tapered to light/spotting that lasted another several weeks. I wish I could remember better. I never felt cramping, that I remember, after the first week. I think I had cramping pretty badly during the m/c then do-able cramps every now and then for maybe not quite a week. Then the rest was pain free (well, physically pain free, emotionally was a different story). So I guess because it wasn't really painful and wasn't really a lot of blood I didn't really feel like something was wrong.

That is probably more than you wanted to know - sorry to be so rambly. Just trying to remember as much as I can for you.

#72 of 85 Old 05-16-2007, 10:54 PM

No it's good to know. If you haven't noticed I LIKE TMI!!!!

#73 of 85 Old 05-16-2007, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
Yeah, I like it here.
Hello fellow Canadians! I live in Ontari-ari-o but had visited Vancouver and Victoria once a handful of years ago. So beautiful!!! I can totally agree with that. On the ferry ride to Victoria we saw whales in the water. That was so profound! What a gorgeous province, B.C.

#74 of 85 Old 05-17-2007, 05:04 PM

We have a heartbeat!! It was 160bpm, my mom squeezed us in at her work, just through a tummy u/s we saw the little bean and a flicker. OMG the BEST news I've had in a while!! Just had to share!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#75 of 85 Old 05-17-2007, 06:06 PM

How exciting!!! I can't wait to hear that heartbeat! It is such a wonderful sound!

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#76 of 85 Old 05-17-2007, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2DoubleCuties View Post
We have a heartbeat!! It was 160bpm, my mom squeezed us in at her work, just through a tummy u/s we saw the little bean and a flicker. OMG the BEST news I've had in a while!! Just had to share!
COngrats!!!!

#77 of 85 Old 05-17-2007, 09:28 PM

Awwwww that's wonderful news!

#78 of 85 Old 05-18-2007, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2DoubleCuties View Post
We have a heartbeat!! It was 160bpm,
I had a doc appt yesterday at 6w, 2d and we saw the little flicker in the corner of the screen, but no lil one! I know it sounds stupid, but I was really freaked out..... i called my sister, and she was like "what, you think there is just a heart floating around in your uterus?" MAYBE! It really freaked me out. How can you tell how fast it was going? The doc was kinda like that lil flicker is the hb, there's your ovaries.... and so on..... didnt even focus on it. and that was the infertility guy!!!!!!

In addition to that, the night before I was sitting in a restaurant with dh and a friend, and i felt like i was bleeding..... i went to the bathroom, and sure enough, there was like a 4 inch circle of red blood on my pants..... i freaked out, walked out, sat down, and starting crying that I was having another m/c
from that point on (Tuesday night) I had very minimal spotting (light brown) only when i wipe, and none today

So, also at my doc appt, they told me that the pregnancy has detached a little bit from the uterine wall, so that sure dont sound good, but the doc said that all is not lost, and because there is a hb, there is a good sign that this can continue on to a normal healthy pregnancy....... at 6 1/2 weeks, i am practically on complete bedrest :

dont know what to do..... or think..... any suggestions???
#79 of 85 Old 05-18-2007, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoping4sumBBdust View Post
I had a doc appt yesterday at 6w, 2d and we saw the little flicker in the corner of the screen, but no lil one! I know it sounds stupid, but I was really freaked out..... i called my sister, and she was like "what, you think there is just a heart floating around in your uterus?" MAYBE! It really freaked me out. How can you tell how fast it was going? The doc was kinda like that lil flicker is the hb, there's your ovaries.... and so on..... didnt even focus on it. and that was the infertility guy!!!!!!

In addition to that, the night before I was sitting in a restaurant with dh and a friend, and i felt like i was bleeding..... i went to the bathroom, and sure enough, there was like a 4 inch circle of red blood on my pants..... i freaked out, walked out, sat down, and starting crying that I was having another m/c
from that point on (Tuesday night) I had very minimal spotting (light brown) only when i wipe, and none today

So, also at my doc appt, they told me that the pregnancy has detached a little bit from the uterine wall, so that sure dont sound good, but the doc said that all is not lost, and because there is a hb, there is a good sign that this can continue on to a normal healthy pregnancy....... at 6 1/2 weeks, i am practically on complete bedrest :

Hugs and prayers your way!

#80 of 85 Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoping4sumBBdust View Post

How scary. I spotted with my first, the same way you're describing, at about the same time; around 6/7 weeks. It lasted a couple days and wasn't bad, and wasn't bright pink or red, but brown. Your body is purging some old yuck to make more room for your baby

But, OMG, that is scary. I know it.

I know how irritating it must be to be on bedrest, especially this early. Hang in there. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

#81 of 85 Old 05-18-2007, 02:15 PM

Sharon Anne - I think we might have been in the June 05 ddc together. Did you post back then?? But for some reason I am thinking of a different user name so maybe it is someone else??

#82 of 85 Old 05-18-2007, 02:19 PM

No Kathy, it was definitely me! I remembered your username from somewhere and I couldn't place it.

OMG How fun! We're pregnant together AGAIN! :

#83 of 85 Old 05-18-2007, 11:25 PM

there are 3 mommas in the dec ddc who have babies born within weeks of my last one.. we are a fertile bunch!
#84 of 85 Old 05-19-2007, 09:14 AM

I dont think I've had any type of cravings yet, or anything, but last night around 10pm, I ate a practically a whole jar of tropical fruit, including grapefruit, and my stomach was on fire I kissed DH goodnight around midnight, and got into bed. Now where I am from in NJ there are like 5 Dunkin Donuts within 10 minutes, and 3 of them are 24 hours. Where I live now.... I didnt think there was one 24 hour!!!! So I woke up at 1:30 because my stomach hurt from that fruit, and I said "I want an everyhting bagel toasted with butter right now from D&D" DH was like are you serious? Go back to sleep!!!! I absolutely refused until he googled the dunkin donuts, and I called at least 8 of them, and discovered there was a 24 hour one 2 cities away!!! So we had a nice drive at 2am for an everything bagel, and it tasted sooooooo good..... So here, at 8am...... I'm thinking about going and getting another one!!! DH loves me!!!!!!!!!! He really loves me!!!!!!!!!
#85 of 85 Old 05-19-2007, 01:08 PM

I hadn't had any cravings until last night too. I made DH run to McDonald's for French Fries, and Wendy's for a frosty. Thankfully, that was only 11:30, and both drivethru's are open til 2am.

Man, those were good!!!

Emily

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page