**The Chit Chat Thread** - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey ladies!! I just wanted to start a thread for us to just chit-chat about the everyday goings on in our lives and any venting or thoughts that ya need to get out can go here!

I had my very first meeting with my midwife today and it was great. I feel soo comfortable with her and the birthing suite is gorgeous! So unless we have a house by the time this one comes I'll be giving birth there

I'm feeling sooo ill today. Very woozy and I have a very bad headache. Anyone else feeling this crummy?

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#2 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 12:12 AM

I felt like hell this morning, and feeling pretty good now.

I also got two bits of rather annoying news. First of all, my dead beat sister in law will not be kicked out of her parents' house, which annoys me. This woman abandoned her daughter (saw her regulalry, but wouldn't raise her) to be a drug dealer, and then recently popped out another kid. She's 21 and a convicted felon, and my FIL and SMIL get to foot the bill.

Also, I run a small pagan church, and one of our members had randomly decided to hate me. I'm not sure why, and he would never say anything, wouldn't respond to emails, whatever. I honestly have no clue what his problem was. Well, he finally sent me an email saying he was leaving the grove, which at least settles the issue. But seriously, who the hell doesn't respond to multiple emails?!?!?!

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#3 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 12:31 AM

Sounds like you had a crummy day Ashley s

I'm feeling a wee bit nauseated today and seem to be hungry no matter how much I eat lol.

Does anyone else give up caffine when they are pregnant? I did last time and I haven't even really started drinking it much since but I do love my tea! Don't know if I will give it up compleetly again this time, will any of you?
#4 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 01:17 AM

I"ve given up coffee. I actually did that anyways, since it was jsut making my anxiety worse. The thing is, I LOVE coffee, so it's been somewhat hard.

But no one better touch my tea

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#5 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
I felt like hell this morning, and feeling pretty good now.

I also got two bits of rather annoying news. First of all, my dead beat sister in law will not be kicked out of her parents' house, which annoys me. This woman abandoned her daughter (saw her regulalry, but wouldn't raise her) to be a drug dealer, and then recently popped out another kid. She's 21 and a convicted felon, and my FIL and SMIL get to foot the bill.

Also, I run a small pagan church, and one of our members had randomly decided to hate me. I'm not sure why, and he would never say anything, wouldn't respond to emails, whatever. I honestly have no clue what his problem was. Well, he finally sent me an email saying he was leaving the grove, which at least settles the issue. But seriously, who the hell doesn't respond to multiple emails?!?!?!
My in laws also irritate me. My sister in law has been in and out of jail for the past year or so, and she is only 20. My mother in law just perpetuates the problem by thinking everyone else but her should should take care of said sister in law.

Yeah who just doesn't respond to emails? Like he can't say that he didn't get multiple emails.
#6 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Sounds like you had a crummy day Ashley s

I'm feeling a wee bit nauseated today and seem to be hungry no matter how much I eat lol.

Does anyone else give up caffine when they are pregnant? I did last time and I haven't even really started drinking it much since but I do love my tea! Don't know if I will give it up compleetly again this time, will any of you?
I gave up caffine with first pregnancy two years ago and never took it back up. I do drink coffee occaisionaly now, but i try to get decaf. I really do love coffee. I've never liked soda or anything though so that wasn't a problem.
#7 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 01:30 AM

I gave up caffine with my first ds and never went back, now if I forget to ask for decaf or someone gets me a coffee, I feel like I'm on crack. I get all jittery and have a headache. I can't barely function.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#8 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

I don't drink much caffiene as it is so it's not a problem.

Still feelin yicky. Yucky and icky at the same time. I'm calling it an early night tonight.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#9 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 01:37 AM

I've been trying to give up caffeine for 6 months, so this is just my excuse!

I've felt pretty great!! I don't feel pregnant, except that I do. I know that makes NO sense!!

I've also noticed.....sorry if it's TMI....an "odor" change 'down there'.....it doesn't smell worse or better, just different enough that I notice when I use the restroom or change clothes. Not bad, just different. Was wondering if it's just me, or if that's a preggo thing.

Anyone else convinced they're having twins???

Ashley...sorry about that guy. Some people are just like that.
#10 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 01:42 AM

Tashauna; I know what you mean. I smell different too.

As for the twins, let me put it this way...have you read my "Outgrowing clothes" thread? I thought maternity clothes were supposed to not fit when you're less than 6 weeks pregnant!

And I've had a rather good day. Some annoyances, but also a bunch of friends came over tonight and we had a potluck. Plus, I feel great, and very pregnant.

#11 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 01:45 AM

Tshauna I remeber noticing a smell chainge early in my last pregnancy. I don't think I'm having twins but I'm convinced I would freak out and die if I did
#12 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 02:14 AM

Great thread idea! I'm feeling yicky these days, too.

I gave up caffiene with my first, and thinking I'd be more relaxed this time around, I didn't try to give it up, but my body does not want it at all. So it's gone, and all the caffiene I was drinking was one cup of green tea a day. I'm a lightweight.

Today I was sitting at a red light, in my exhaustion haze, watching a woman in heels running nearly two blocks to catch the Max train. I thought there was no way she was going to make it - she was approaching from an angle where the driver couldn't have seen her to wait, and her timing was all off. But! She made it! I started to tear up. Seriously! Full on emotion. Hello hormones!

for having to deal with law breaking in laws.
#13 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 06:44 AM

*sigh* So I've been up now since 4am, unable to sleep. My dh is on call 24/7. Doctor, no... firefighter, no.... he's responsible for a web hosting company so the four calls that came in last night were not to save someone's life but were because their bloomin' web pages were down. The last one at 4am woke me up completely. :

At least my kids are both in school still and I might be able to sneak a nap later.

I've more or less been off the caffeine for a while now. I'm allowing myself the occasional Boyles soda or chai. I tried to get into coffee because I thought I ought to be the coffee sort but never quite made it to the land of coffee love so giving it up really wasn't a big problems. Mostly I enjoyed the smells associated with it and I can have those still.
#14 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
I"ve given up coffee. I actually did that anyways, since it was jsut making my anxiety worse. The thing is, I LOVE coffee, so it's been somewhat hard.

I gave up coffee too... It was part of my morning ritual and difficult for me.. but well.. it didn't help my anxiety and I really needed a good reason to quit.. guess I got one

Mama to my tribe
#15 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Tashauna- I totally noticed a difference down there about a day after I took my first +test. I notice it, but DH doesn't so I guess we're fine.

So I just started the FlyLady system and I think I'm doing pretty well. I'm giving myself some leeway because I get soo tired sooo quickly. So I've been trying to maintain what I've started (i.e. keeping the kitchen clean and the bathroom) and then adding something little each day. Hopefully I can do it!

Is everybody getting their DRA (Daily Recommended Amount) of water each day? I need to figure out how to get myself to do that. If anyone has any suggestions I'm more than open for them

#16 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenma View Post
Today I was sitting at a red light, in my exhaustion haze, watching a woman in heels running nearly two blocks to catch the Max train. I thought there was no way she was going to make it - she was approaching from an angle where the driver couldn't have seen her to wait, and her timing was all off. But! She made it! I started to tear up. Seriously! Full on emotion. Hello hormones!
I HATE missing MAX!! Its happened to us before and its so frustering!!!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#17 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2DoubleCuties View Post
I HATE missing MAX!! Its happened to us before and its so frustering!!!
YAY other Portland area mamas due in January!!!

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#18 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
So I just started the FlyLady system and I think I'm doing pretty well. I'm giving myself some leeway because I get soo tired sooo quickly. So I've been trying to maintain what I've started (i.e. keeping the kitchen clean and the bathroom) and then adding something little each day. Hopefully I can do it!
I love FlyLady!! I found her about 6 weeks after DD#2 was born. I've had some difficulty keeping up over the past year, but our house definitely looks better than it did a year ago, I've already done a ton of packing for our move (we still have 6 weeks here), and I'm totally more relaxed about what doesn't get done. I wish I'd found FlyLady sooner!!

Emily
#19 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaLMT View Post
YAY other Portland area mamas due in January!!!
I actually out toward the Hillsboro area, but we go downtown quite regularly. But it is fun to "know" another local area mom too!!

#20 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 02:43 PM

I gave up caffine totally with my last pregnancy. I am not sure about this one - a cup of tea is part of my morning and naptime routine.

I am doing really poorly with water consumption. I had to give urine the other day and it was SO dark. So I have been trying to replace my tea drinking with a cup of water but it just isn't the same.

Oh, Ashley - I hear you about the SIL thing. My brother has done the same thing to my parents. He basically just dumped his 2 kids off with my parents. *Maybe* once every two weeks or so they spend a night at "home". It makes me so mad for many reasons but the biggest reason is it has basically taken away MY son's grandparents.

~~Mama to DS1 6/05 and DS2 12/07~~
#21 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenma View Post
laughup : I hear you!!! This is me today.

I feel exhausted. And emotional. I want to be hugged.

Isn't it fun to feel PG though?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#22 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emese'sMom View Post
laughup : I hear you!!! This is me today.

I feel exhausted. And emotional. I want to be hugged.

Isn't it fun to feel PG though?
Lots of to you

It is fun to feel PG again.

They are painting down the hall and it stinks. It's giving me a terrible headache:

#23 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for the hugs

They were laying carpet at our condo recently and the glue was stinky too. We opened up all the windows.....would that help you???

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#24 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

I had the windows open all day. It wasn't too bad in the apartment, but I had to do laundry today and the laundry room reeked.

#25 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 10:39 PM

Wow, I guess I'm not the only one with the crazy sense of smell. I usually have a terrible sense of smell; I make DH smell the milk for me to see if it went bad.

Well, today, I was sniffing my hand, and I realized it stunk. My DH could be a drug sniffing dog, so I had him smell it. Apparently my hand reeks of sponge that was used in a metal sink. He smells it all the time and it annoys him. I didn't even know metal sinks could give sponges a smell that would rub off on hands! It's definitely annoying me too.

#26 of 85 Old 05-10-2007, 11:11 PM

So I had my mw appt today, I LOVE her!! I'd never met her before, the sucky thing is she's transfering to a hospital about 1/2 hr away in June/July. I want to tell dh but I'm keeping it quiet until she transfers then saying, "Well sorry babe, I've already started with her, I guess I gotta go out there" : Bad wife..but I really love her! She's got the mindset of a lay midwife but it an herbalist and CNM. I scored pretty good! But she bumped my due date up to Dec 20th, but I'm keeping my original until I get my u/s and see what the measurements say. But I had my first craving, Taco Bell a crunchwrap surpreme. OMG it tasted so good going down but ughhh gut bomb after...guess I'll learn.

#27 of 85 Old 05-11-2007, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

Aimee- Half an hour isn't too bad. And if you love your midwife, then you need to stay with her As for the due date I agree with waiting until the u/s. It's a little better at determining.

I made cookies tonight and now I feel like yuck. Too much dairy maybe...

Funny story...

I'm at the midwife's yesterday and we're trying to figure out my EDD and I said my last period was between the end of february beginning of april. We went on for a while and then she came back to it and started asking all these questions like was there any point that I couldn't have concieved yada yada. Then I realized what I said. I had meant to say end of march beginning of april. Poor woman was having a field day trying to figure things out. I'll chalk that one up to early preggo/ mommy brain

#28 of 85 Old 05-11-2007, 03:38 AM

Aimee...I travel about an hour to my Dr b/c I love him so much!!! And if necessary, he'd come closer, but the closest hospital is still about 30 min, so it's not much better.
#29 of 85 Old 05-11-2007, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Where ya at ladies? Are you getting ready for MD weekend? Any plans?

I don't think my DH knows it is MD weekend. He's completely clueless. SO unless someone reminds him (I refuse to!!!) His mother and I will get nadda lol. Oh well.

#30 of 85 Old 05-11-2007, 08:47 PM

Sitting on the porch watching a rain storm (hope it keeps up we're in a bad drought).

I've got my mother, mil and my brother and his wife (who is pregnant and due in Nov) coming to have what we always call "breakfast meal" at our house Sunday afternoon. I'll be cooking biscuits, bacon, sausage, gravy, eggs, cheese grits... that sort of thing. Hopefully my morning sickness won't act up that day. It seems to come and go randomly.

My girls are away at their first slumber party tonight so I'm a little worried about them. Isadora, my youngest saw me coming out of the bathroom last week with the pregnancy test and flipped out so the girls both knew I was pregnant as soon as we did. She's a social butterfly and is apparently incapable of keeping a secret (though we did try to get her to) and now everyone at her school knows I'm pregnant. I've been having to follow behind her and say that it's VERY early. I'm still so paranoid.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page