Horrible night - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-10-2007, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been up pretty much all night and I feel really odd, like pregnacy hormornes are sweeping through my body like a hurricane. I was EXAUSTED all evening but Whilder refused to go to sleep and instead decided to smack me in the face with her troll doll, I now have a fat lip and am seriously reconsidering letting her play with those things. She finally conked out at about 3:30 am, then woke up several times screaming (I have no idea what's wrong, another tooth maybe?) and after that I was too exausted to get back to sleep.

I laid there in bed for about 2 hours with incredibly annoying mild cramps. Then I started feeling something I had totally forgotten about, restless legs! I had this so bad in my first pregnancy, right in the begining and at the very end, it drove me crazy, I would just toss and turn all night. DH thought that maybe BD'ing would put me to sleep ( ) but it turns out it made the cramps worse. I'm also have a really dry throat and nose, anyone else? Well needless to say I am not sleeping any time soon and I'm so annoyed and exausted.

It seems weird that I'm getting symptoms so early (I'm 7dpo) but I read that with the second pregnancy your body detects the hormone sooner. I'm thinking my body is probably in shock and going "oh s*** not this again." I had horrible HG last time, lost 20lbs and pretty much spent 3 months in bed. I'm not going to let it get that bad this time, I refuse to be that sick again. Hopefully it will just take some time to ajust and then I will feel okay. Thanks for letting me rant.
#2 of 6 Old 05-10-2007, 11:07 AM

I slept terribly too. Tossed and turned most of the night. Plus for about 2 weeks DS has been waking up at like 6 am! I've been giving him his bottle and putting him back down, because I can't handle getting up that early. I'm usually up by 7 am now which is ok, but I liked when I'd get up at 7 and he'd sleep til 8 or 9 and I could get stuff done. Oh well.

Does Whilder get night terrors? My son does. He'll just start screaming like he's scared to death for no reason and then calm down. Sometimes he won't calm down and I have to go get him and pull him in with us. If just ends up being a 1 time thing then I'd go with teething. I also feel like DS can sense there is something different with mommy. He's much more clingy and whiny since I found out about baby #2. Who knows.

Hope things get better!

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#3 of 6 Old 05-10-2007, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

She dosn't have night terrors, she sleeps in bed with us so she never gets scared, unless she has managed to scoot herself far away from me and then wakes up and thinks she's alone. I think I figured out what might have been wrong with her though, I gave her some cheese last night and I guess it was the first time she had cheese or pretty much any dairy. I don't know why the heck I didn't even think twice about it, I just gave it to her. Poor baby I bet she had a tummy ach and gas from that. I have been vegan since I was 13 and only recently started eating some dairy and eggs so she has never really been exposed to it.

I'm thinking aobut trying to start putting her in her own bed, we have a twin in her room and I thought maybe I could fall asleep on it with her and then leave, and go back in when she wakes up, and eventually she will learn to sleep in there. Does that sound like a crazy plan? lol She's never sleept in a crib or anywhere execpt for next to me or on top of me and she's an all night nurser. Definatly going to have to change that before we have another baby in bed with us!
#4 of 6 Old 05-10-2007, 11:48 AM

Sorry you had such a rough night! Tristan was fussy last night too, he sleeps on his own usually but last night he just wanted to cuddle and I was so hot! And I had to go to the bathroom constantly too, ugh, I forgot about that starting so early.

SAM, momma to 3 beautiful babies: Tristan (5), Gabriel (4) , & Brighton (2)

#5 of 6 Old 05-10-2007, 02:49 PM

You ladies have superpowers to be able to handle small children and the overwhelming pregnancy symptoms! I think about how hard it must be for women with children when I can't seem to meet the basic needs of running a household.

I was up half the night last night. I fell asleep around 10:30pm and woke up at about 1:30am with a severe hot flash and naseau. I puked in the toilet and then layed out on the bathroom tile to try and cool off a little. Thank God I felt better soon after and fell back asleep, but then I woke up again at about 4:30am and just generally felt crappy with an uneasy stomache and no sleep position being comfortable. I was so exhausted, but couldn't get to sleep, it fealt like torture.

I ended up taking the morning off from work and didn't come in until almost 1pm.

I am so scared this awful feeling could last weeks or months.
#6 of 6 Old 05-10-2007, 07:26 PM

So sorry about the restless legs. DS has something viral... bad fever for the last 4 days and now this afternoon: Surprise! Diarrhea. Luckily other than being really tired I haven't really experienced any symptoms. Only just found out I was pregnant actually.

Dani, wife to Cullen - 9/2002, mom to CJ 11/2004, Billy 12/2007 and Nora 7/2009

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page