Late night rant - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, it's 1 am. I'm completely exhausted, but I can't sleep. Why can't I sleep, you ask? Well, it's because I need to pee every 15 minutes (I'll hold for awhile though) and my boobs have been throbbing all day.

I'm cranky, exhausted, hormonal, and an insomniac.

And I'm paranoid I'm going to lose the baby. Hell, part of me is paranoid that I'm not even pregnant. This is driving me nuts, and I"m gonna take another test tomorrow, just to make sure. But I am utterly miserable right now, and I want to kick my DH for snoring and groping me in his sleep (notice, I'm on the computer).

GAHHH!!!

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#2 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 03:29 AM

I too have insomnia, and EXTREME irritability....so much so that if my cat doesn't shut up, and soon, I may lose it!!!!
#3 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 03:30 AM

awwww hun im right here with you but im sitting here with a bucket for convience so I dont have to keep getting up, i think im just lazy but this little one wont let me sleep at all. And Im sure what your feeling is normal and all of those signs are good things so dont worry that your not pregnant. You sure sound pregnant to me
#4 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Elaina. I know Im pregnant; just paranoid. I had a weird cycle this month, and wound up conceiving. Theoretically my period is due this weekend (very heavy bleeding at ovulation), so I'm a bit paranoid that this has all been in my head.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#5 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 03:47 AM

Oh I dont think so hun, I had the same feeling with DS because I had some really crazy bleedin for the first 3 months of my pregnancy with him and things turned out ok for him.
#6 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 09:23 AM

I can understand the paranoia... I felt it during my last pregnancy... first I insisted on a blood workup to prove I was pregnant... and then when I found out it was a boy I was convinced I heard wrong and that he was really a SHE. LOL

Now I have the typical "what if I'm really NOT pregnant" paranoia, but it's getting harder to ignore the symptoms.

Dani, wife to Cullen - 9/2002, mom to CJ 11/2004, Billy 12/2007 and Nora 7/2009
#7 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 11:21 AM

Hugs to you all. I hope for you all to get some relief soon. I felt like hell yesterday, but feel great (at least a whole lot better if not 100%) today. So, I'm sure you'll get at least a little respite soon.
#8 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

So I tested again this morning. Big surprise, it was !!!!!

It was also still amazingly faint, but my midwife says not to worry. The darkness of the line (to use less technical terms) depends on how concentrated the urine is. I drink a ton of water, all the time. 6 hours before i took the test, my urine was perfectly clear. So, yeah, it's always dilute.

The sad thing is, if I went ot the doctors and took a urine test there, they'd say it was negative. But there is undeniably a pink line, just faint. Thankfully I should be getting bloodwork done in 2 weeks when I go see an OB for the first time.

DH is telling his mom on Sunday. Maybe his dad too. I already let it slip out to one SIL (but don't tell him that) and another suspects.

WOOT IM KNOCKED UP!

#9 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 01:36 PM

yay your knocked up, me too lol
#10 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

I love the phrase "knocked up." I'm somewhat crass, and definitely direct; 'knocked up' is perfect for that.

Once I'm obviously showing, I am so going to have DH take a picture of me barefoot and in the kitchen

#11 of 11 Old 05-11-2007, 01:53 PM

lol DH did that when I was pregnant with DS, He loves the idea of a girl pregnant and barefoot. Which for me was easy becasue if im not in flip flops Im completley barefoot even in winter when there is snow on the ground. For some reason I hate shoes.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page