Cravings? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 05-12-2007, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my first craving today! I woke up and I NEEDED donuts. I was obsessed. I was all "where's my donuts. Let's get donuts. Donuts now." And when I got them, I almost cried I was so happy.

I'd say I'm preggers.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#2 of 26 Old 05-12-2007, 01:22 PM

Dried Pineapple and Cashew Butter! I had to drive a half an hour today just to get more!!

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#3 of 26 Old 05-12-2007, 01:41 PM

It's all about vegetables for me. I made stir-fry last night, and HAD to have the leftovers for breakfast today. I CANNOT tolerate anything sweet (except some fruit) and BREAD isn't tasting as good as it once did. I'm a vegetarian, so my diet is a bit limited at this point!!

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#4 of 26 Old 05-12-2007, 07:18 PM

homemade lemonade made with honey as a sweetener.
pickles.
creamsicles.

Dani, wife to Cullen - 9/2002, mom to CJ 11/2004, Billy 12/2007 and Nora 7/2009
#5 of 26 Old 05-12-2007, 08:16 PM

I'm craving meat. Like a big juicy hamburger. And I'm a vegetarian! ick. trying to hold out on that one.
Otherwise, popsicles and fruit. I've been eating all of my kid's popsicles!

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#6 of 26 Old 05-12-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybean View Post
I'm craving meat. Like a big juicy hamburger. And I'm a vegetarian! ick. trying to hold out on that one.
I did learn that usually cravings are your body telling you you need something that is in what you want. So maybe getting some protein might help with that one? Nuts and grains, lentils, and other things might help you get rid of that craving

I can't imagine how it would be to crave something I refused to eat! I'm feeling for you!

I craved Chocolate today. Mmmm mnms

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#7 of 26 Old 05-12-2007, 09:25 PM

I had pickles on my pizza tonight...

Dani, wife to Cullen - 9/2002, mom to CJ 11/2004, Billy 12/2007 and Nora 7/2009
#8 of 26 Old 05-13-2007, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybean View Post
me too!! I told DH last night Boy I want some meat! and he looked at me if I had ten heads!! I am also a vegetarian and would never even dream of eating meat! YUCKIE!! So I have stuck to Pineapples

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#9 of 26 Old 05-13-2007, 06:59 AM

I'm having cravings for very specific foods. Friday I wanted Fet Alfredo, but not just the normal real kind I could have made from the heavy cream and parmesan in my fridge, noooo.... I wanted the fake stuff from Olive Garden. Again last night I wanted chocolate cupcakes but not homemade from real ingredients or even bakery cupcakes, I wanted them made from a boxed cake mix with a tub of frosting on them.

My cravings are going to be an issue for a while here as we are carless in a city that is horrible to be carless in. No way to easily solve craving problems. Perhaps that's a good thing.
#10 of 26 Old 05-14-2007, 12:15 PM

Spaghetti. I want it right now, there is some in the fridge here at work, but it is for lunch. I am a little sick, and the only think I canthink about is the containor full of elbow noodles and sauce.

I do not want veggie loaf. I used to love loaf, but it does not sound good at all right now.
#11 of 26 Old 05-14-2007, 12:29 PM

The only craving I've had is for an italian sub, which I've suppressed due to the whole listeria/nitrates issue. I guess I could make my own with nitrate-free meats, and heat it all up first. How desperate am I to be suggesting something that disgusting? I can just picture myself sauteeing cold cuts.

wife to DH since 10/03, mama to DS (12/07)
also mom to small zoo: 3 snakes, 4 and one very lovable pit bull
#12 of 26 Old 05-15-2007, 02:22 AM

CHEESEBURGERS
LOTS of protein
Juicy fruits (melons, citrus)
sour stuff (dill pickles, lemon candies)

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
#13 of 26 Old 05-15-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I did learn that usually cravings are your body telling you you need something that is in what you want. So maybe getting some protein might help with that one? Nuts and grains, lentils, and other things might help you get rid of that craving
Yeah I've heard that, too. I am trying to eat more protien and iron but I'm still craving meat :

Yesterday we took the kids to the Zoo and, as a special treat, stopped at Subway for dinner. I decided to try their veggie patty sub with mayo (i usually hate mayo) and it was soooooo good. Now I can't stop thinking about that sub. I must have another one. Oh man, I might have to send dh to subway now...

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#14 of 26 Old 05-15-2007, 04:52 PM

Lately I have been craving pesto sauce. The past few days I've been dipping my carrots into it and it's so good! DH looked at me like I was nuts, but I didn't think I was eating anything *that* weird!
#15 of 26 Old 05-15-2007, 08:19 PM

Chicken mcnuggets with hot mustard and barbeque sauces.

I havent eaten at a mcdonalds in almost a decade but I might cave soon. Nothing else sounds good to me.
#16 of 26 Old 05-15-2007, 08:46 PM

I just ate somewhere between 12 and 14 cups of popcorn. It was something about the texture, not just the salt. It looked like about 2 of those microwave bags' worth. And it was soooo good.
It could have been worse - it was airpopped, lightly sprayed with olive oil and just a wee bit of salt.

full time student, crunchy wife to my woodsy man, and mom to 2 homebirthed, cloth diapered, tandem breastfed kiddos. 
#17 of 26 Old 05-16-2007, 03:04 AM

my DH knew I was pregnant when I ordered a mint chocolate blizzard at dairy queen the other night. I don't even like mint and the only other time I ate it was when I was pregnant with my son.
#18 of 26 Old 05-16-2007, 12:03 PM

Beans! Beans! Beans!

I have stocked the freezer with Amy's Burritos and the cabinet with cans of beans. I day dream of mashing the beans and topping it with some cheese and then heating it til the cheese melts all yummy and gooey on the beans. Yum!
#19 of 26 Old 05-17-2007, 03:18 PM

Oh, yum. Beans sound good.

Philly cheese steaks. That's what I am craving. I need to get some breakaway beef from the cash and carry. They have the best stuff. And it's open to the public now.
#20 of 26 Old 05-17-2007, 03:26 PM

milk! last pregnacy too i just wanted to drink a ton of milk. i get organic skim milk, so its good protein..but is weird. ive never in any other time in my life liked cows milk.

and today.. i want tuna fish with lots of dill pickles and cellery and green onions.
on wassa crackers out in the grass on a blanket. sounds devine!
#21 of 26 Old 05-17-2007, 07:07 PM

We get an organic produce box bi-weekly, and it arrived today. I about died when I opened it up and there was grapefruit, kiwi, strawberries, pears, and apples. Both grapefruit are gone already, the strawberries aren't long for this world, and the kiwis are history. It only arrived an hour ago! I guess I'm craving fruit today.

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#22 of 26 Old 05-17-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplehome View Post
We get an organic produce box bi-weekly, and it arrived today. I about died when I opened it up and there was grapefruit, kiwi, strawberries, pears, and apples. Both grapefruit are gone already, the strawberries aren't long for this world, and the kiwis are history. It only arrived an hour ago! I guess I'm craving fruit today.
its funny. a week ago or so my son wanted oranges and i grabbed a bag of organic what i thought were orenges but turned out to be grapefruits. my dp said "why did you get so many Grapefruits?" " oops.. thought they were oranges"..strangely enough they were a major craving with my first pregnancy and im loving them again. they are super high in folic acid! it must have been meant to be.. like i knew my body wanted them but i didnt know
#23 of 26 Old 05-17-2007, 10:15 PM

Lemonade is tasting pretty good here. No food is really sounding that great, I'm having to force myself to eat.
#24 of 26 Old 05-18-2007, 12:37 AM

Well, I had a MAJOR brownie craving the other day, even made a special trip to WalMart to get the stuff....that was short lived though cuz it didn't hit the spot. Tonight I made a special trip to WalMart for fruit and the ingredients for a fruit dip I make (bout to have that now, so we'll see) and as I was passing the peanut butter aisle, I got a MAJOR craving for a sundae with bananas, peanut butter and chocolate syrup (and ice cream of course)....that was YUMMY!!!
#25 of 26 Old 05-18-2007, 09:44 AM

Yeah, nothing's sounding wonderful to me, either. I woke up ravenous this morning and had a couple eggs, but that's it. Didn't even really enjoy them

I'm also forcing myself to drink a ton of water, because I can tell I'm not nearly hydrated enough. But I'm hating water. Absolutely hating it :

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#26 of 26 Old 05-18-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
I'm also forcing myself to drink a ton of water, because I can tell I'm not nearly hydrated enough. But I'm hating water. Absolutely hating it :

Yeah, what's up with the water aversion? I love water, at least I used to. I used to only drink mineral water, regular water, a soy milk latte, and an occasional treat of a cup of 2% chocolate milk.

I'm still thirsty, but the thought of water grosses me out most of the time; I force myself to drink at least 40 ounces a day of plain water, but now I'm also drinking lots of juices: grapefruit, orange, and guava juice specifically. I never have liked juice and rarely ever drink it, preferring the actual fruit. Go figure.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page