SORE SORE Breasts.... any1 with me? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-13-2007, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since 6dpo, I have had the MOST tender breasts. I really thought they were due to the Clomid, but apparently not. I almost cant deal with them! A stomach sleeper, I am awake all hours of the night (only way I can sleep, dont know what Im gunna do once I have that belly) It hurts to wear a bra, if I brush up against them, anything! Please, someone tell me when its going to go away!

I have this huge fear I wont be able to breastfeed, and I know that sounds stupid, but with the pain I am having now, how can I deal with a latch-on? Please tell me I am not alone in this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2007, 10:28 PM

I'm not in your ddc, but I thought I'd let you know that I had extremely sore breasts like you describe with my first until about 20 weeks, then it gradually went away. I did struggle with breastfeeding, but not because of the pregnancy breast soreness. It was long gone by then, and I'm pretty sure it is for most people. It's more of a first trimester/first half of the pregnancy thing. Ironically, I did not have any breast soreness the second pregnancy or this one. A tad bit of tenderness this time, but nothing to complain about and nothing that interfered with my life like the first time. Hopefully you'll have the same experience with subsequent pregnancies.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
Old 05-13-2007, 10:37 PM

Mine are killing me!! I can't even lie on my tummy to go to sleep! and if I don't wear a bra they feel like there gonna fall off!!

I feel your pain mama!! I am 4 weeks along and have never had my tata's this sore even with my two other children!!

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
Old 05-13-2007, 11:28 PM

Mine are getting a little better, they were unbearable for 3 weeks. Showering hurt, giving people hugs hurt, I had to sleep in a bra and keep my husband away from them... but they're like 40% better now.
As I understand it, this tenderness is because the milkmaking tissue inside is starting to grow, proliferate, and differentiate due to the hormones of pregnancy (it does a wee bit of this most cycles, but much more now that we're pregnant). It hurts because the cells are growing so fast that everything is stretching from the inside. Once the boobs are all big and ready, it'll stop hurting. I bet that the tenderness and pain associated with nursing difficulty will be entirely different, and not at all related to how quickly/painfully or slowly/less painfully your breasts grow.
But this is my first time, so this is all conjecture. I look forward to finding out! My mom is already starting to give me advice about breastfeeding, such as to start toughening the nipples a little in the final few weeks by gently chafing them with a dry washcloth, so they are a little more used to being touched.
I can't wait!

full time student, crunchy wife to my woodsy man, and mom to 2 homebirthed, cloth diapered, tandem breastfed kiddos. 
Old 05-14-2007, 01:37 AM

Oh God YES! My boobs are killing me, all the time. The only time they feel good is when I'm wandering around topless. Thankfully, I stay home most of the day.
But yes, the pain has been HORRID!

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Old 05-14-2007, 12:03 PM

Pregnancy soreness is different then breastfeeding soreness IMO. They are both irritating, but I was able to deal with breastfeeding soreness a little better.

Dani, wife to Cullen - 9/2002, mom to CJ 11/2004, Billy 12/2007 and Nora 7/2009
Old 05-14-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobit View Post
My mom is already starting to give me advice about breastfeeding, such as to start toughening the nipples a little in the final few weeks by gently chafing them with a dry washcloth, so they are a little more used to being touched.
This is a very old piece of advice... La Leche League now recommends not doing it because it's not been proven effective and can be more irritating. The best prep for breastfeeding is to attend La Leche League, read The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, and ask a million questions.

I love nursing!!!

Emily

User Tag List