whose pregnant with Number 3? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 05-21-2007, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogleymom View Post
I probably won't be in maternity clothes until late July. I'm pretty tiny, but I just don't show that much until month 6, then everything jumps out.

Also, I grew up in a large family (oldest of seven), so I kind of think it's funny to think of three kids as a lot to take care of. I was babysitting four of my younger siblings at the same time from the age of 9. (Of course being a mother is totally different, and I never had to take them shopping or anything, but I did have to help manage everyone when my mom took us all shopping.)

I know my family is not even close to complete. I feel like I'm just getting started here with #3. I've always felt I wanted at least 6, but after my wonderful birthing experiences, I'm leaning closer to 8. We'll just have to see how it goes. I don't want to be having babies into my late 30s and early 40s... by then DD#1 could be having babies, and I'd rather focus on being a grandmother at that point. But I started young (DD#1 was born two months after my 22nd birthday), and I'm only 24 now, so at my current rate, I could easily have 8 kids before I turn 35.

I'm totally crazy aren't I.

Emily
No, not crazy. I always wanted a large family and would have four or five kids if it were up to me (when I say I always wanted a large family I mean dh and I agreed on having EIGHT kids But I always wanted at least five). But, dh is so done having kids, he was done after one. Changed his mind after seeing the cost of parenting. Anyway, I envy you Good luck!

Got a couple more questions for you!

How is everyone going to prepare the older sibs?
My oldest was just a baby when I got pg with youngest, all I did to prepare then was make sure he knew how to play alone. I didn't really teach any "gentle with the baby" or make sure there wouldn't be jealousy b/c he was only a little over a year when the baby was born and was pretty oblivious to him for awhile. This time I'll have older kids (they'll be 4 and 3) and I'm not sure what to do. I know I've got to emphasize the gentle thing b/c these boys are very rough.

Anyone told the older sibs yet? If not now, when?
I did tell my kids that mama has a baby in her tummy but they forgot within five minutes. My oldest didn't believe me but my youngest (2) started patting my belly and then started playing peek-a-boo with it. It was so sweet Then I asked in a few minutes where the baby was and they both pointed to the kitten So I just agreed and left it alone. I probably won't bring it up again until after we've heard a heartbeat.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 47 Old 05-21-2007, 10:21 AM

I'm not sure if I'm here for good or not, but if I am this will be pregnancy #7, baby #4, and living child #2. So we'll see.
#33 of 47 Old 05-21-2007, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome Abbieandlady Hope you have a Happy and healthy stay here!!!

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#34 of 47 Old 05-21-2007, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

How is everyone going to prepare the older sibs?

Well My daughter and son "knew" right away but of course Have forgotten my My daughter has told me that I am gonna have two babies for my two " Nursies"

I will probably read some books to them about it once I get along farther.

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#35 of 47 Old 05-21-2007, 11:51 AM

We were talking about having a baby with them before we became prenant. Then we told them that mommy has a baby growing in her tummy.. and that they are going to be big sisters... My 3 year old asks me about every day now if the baby is in my tummy and the little one tells me there is a baby in her tummy. I talk to my oldest about that i would love her to help me when the baby is here. She has also seen birth videos because she will be here when we have the baby at our home... she is very very excited about having a baby in the house...but she is such a little mommy, midwife her self lol
#36 of 47 Old 05-21-2007, 08:20 PM

this will hopefully be our third child too. we have only told my older sister. we are waiting to tell our kids. my older daughter had a hard time understanding my miscarriage back in january (late first trimester loss).
#37 of 47 Old 05-21-2007, 11:16 PM

We haven't told the kids yet and I don't plan to for a while. I did get out all of hte books I had from the last baby about being a big brother/sister. My 4 year old has been asking for another baby for quite a while. I know they will be really excited! I am hoping to wait until I am at least showing a bit of belly. I don't know how to tell them. I thought about taking them to a baby store when we are on vacation, and telling them then, and letting them buy something for hte baby? Not sure yet... To help them understand the time-frame, I am planning to just tell them after Christmas.

As far as preparing them for the baby, I just plan to show them how to touch the baby. They really aren't very rough with each other, and they play really well together. I do think it will be hard to keep the older one from trying to pick it up, though. I think I will keep hte pack-n-play set up, and place the baby in the moses basket, in the pnp to keep it safe.
#38 of 47 Old 05-22-2007, 01:03 AM

This is #4 for us! LOL. And I saw someone mentioned that they were crazy for having a 3 year old and a new babe but get this... a 4 year old, a 2 year old, a 1 year old, and a newborn.. Im the crazy one!
#39 of 47 Old 05-22-2007, 02:33 AM

Tiffany, looks like you guys did the same thing we did! Only we don't have the 4 year old. It looks like your 2 year old and 1 year old are only a couple of weeks older than each of my girls.

Emily
#40 of 47 Old 05-22-2007, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogleymom View Post
Tiffany, looks like you guys did the same thing we did! Only we don't have the 4 year old. It looks like your 2 year old and 1 year old are only a couple of weeks older than each of my girls.

Emily

Wow thats amazing how close in age our children are!!!
#41 of 47 Old 05-22-2007, 03:12 AM

This is #3 for us as well. Our last also. We have 2 boys (3 and 15.5 months). We neeeeed a GIRL!
#42 of 47 Old 05-23-2007, 11:36 PM

Telling siblings:

Alex practically told us. The night before I tested (I was 90% sure I was pregnant) when we were putting Alex to bed, she started talking about a baby boy. It was eerie. Todd and I just looked at each other like "how does she know?" The next day I started telling her we were having a baby and there's a baby growing in my belly. She says it's a boy. I'm pretty sure she's right.

Last weekend, I got out my really good Bradley homebirth video to show the girls. Alex has seen it before but it's been at least 4 months. We talked about mommy having a baby, and she starting telling me about how my tummy would "get big" and the baby will "come out" (as she looked between my legs). Then she said there's a baby in her belly too.

Cori was mesmerized by the birthing video and they watched it 4 times in a row. Cori mostly liked seeing the baby nurse. Sometimes I think she remembers nursing. I know Alex remembers nursing. . .

I'm really excited about the prospect of having Alex at the birth, but I don't know about Cori. She may be too young to see me working so hard without being able to climb all over me.

I want to find lots of homebirth videos especially ones with children in them, so they can be a little more prepared. I'm even thinking it might be nice to film the birth, so they can watch themselves at the birth.

--LEE
#43 of 47 Old 05-24-2007, 12:05 PM

Expecting #3 too. I am still in complete shock. Got pg after first pp af.

Nice to see some other "surprise" babies on this list.
#44 of 47 Old 05-25-2007, 09:46 PM

I'm pg with #3, too. My boys are almost 8 and just turned 3.
#45 of 47 Old 05-25-2007, 10:51 PM

Me! I never thought I'd be lucky enough to have 3 kids, but here I am! My boys will be 5 and 2 1/2 when the new babe comes.
#46 of 47 Old 05-26-2007, 05:46 AM

This is pregnancy #5 hoping for baby #3. My older two are 5 and 8. we haven't told them yet due to our previous losses. Dd 5 will be totally over the moon. She has been dying for a baby in the house for a very long time.

During my last m/c I was sitting on the lounge with dh. Dd came up and sat beside us and said "Wouldn't it be just the loveliest thing if we had a little baby sitting here with us?" That gave me the resolve to try again.
#47 of 47 Old 05-26-2007, 06:55 PM

wow.. there are a lot of us

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page