Any runners out there? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-21-2007, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How much are you running now?

I'm only managing a couple miles a run, 3 x week, and very very sloooow....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2007, 02:04 AM

Running? I'm sorry? We're supposed to continue actually RUNNING??? I get winded on my walk to work in the morning!

:

No, really I haven't been keeping up with my exercise very well since I've been so tired. But now that I know that I'm pg and not just sick or something, I'll start running again (which will make my running partner happy as he choked on my "loser mentality" when I told him I couldn't run the marathon with him this year. The marathon is in December!)

My plan is to do 3 miles, 3 times a week. If I feel good, I might do a little more than that. But right now, like I said, even walking to work makes me out of breath so I think a three mile limit is good. Last time I gave up running when I got pg but I think as long as I'm careful I'll be able to keep it up.

How long are you planning to continue running? I've heard of people doing it all the way through but I don't know if that is actually possible.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:49 PM
JBM

I'm still running but my times are soooo slow! I think just finding out added a minute to each mile.

I still run about 4-5 days a week any where from 3-7 miles. MS hasn't kicked in yet so I'm trying to squeeze in as much running as I can before I start feeling like death warmed over.

I'm going to try and run until I'm too uncomfortable and then I'll switch to walking. I didn't excercise at all with my last 3 pregnancies so I'm determined to stay active.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:21 PM

If I was not so sick all day maybe I could drag myself up on the treadmill. I really miss it so I am hoping to catch maybe 30 minutes here or there to just move a little! I've never felt so sick before. Yuck.

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:14 PM

I miss running! I am going to the gym come hell or high water this afternoon and am going to do the elliptical or treadmill for an hour, if all goes well.

I usually do 10 minute miles, although on more energized occasions I have done 9 minute miles for some distance (usually 5 -6 miles).

I was able to do my running before my exhaustion/fatigue set in, but I went 10 straight days without exercising recently and only made it back to the gym again on Sunday (but not yesterday).

I plan on running as long as my body will let me now, and until I get too hot as the pregnancy progresses.

Babyfit.com has FANTASTIC exercise and nutrition help for those interested.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Just talked to my midwife today and she says run run run (and of course listen to my body). So I'm hoping to just run as long as I feel up to it, then switch to walking.

I've just got to get over my slowness. I'm thinking that this first tri will be definitely jog time, then hoping to pick up the pace after some of the fatigue subsides.

Let's keep each other motivated!

Tyisrrs, thanks for the tip on Babyfit!
Old 05-22-2007, 09:10 PM

So, do you have schedules or just taking the days as they come? I've been just seeing how I feel each day but because I'm tired everyday that hasn't been working. So, I'm thinking of making a schedule. Monday, Wednesday, Friday I run/jog/walk.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:18 PM

I wouldn't say I'm a RUNNER, but I've been running lately. I'm doing some sort of heavy exercise at least every MWF, and we usually take at least one hike on the weekend. Running has been okay, better if I'm not pushing the jogging stroller.

I know women who have run, downhill skied, and bike through their whole pregnancy (not all three---just one for each particular woman), and the key really seems to be consistency. If you are doing something every day, then your body slowly adapts to the changing shape and center of gravity of its new self. But if you didn't bike for a month or so, you'd have a much higher chance of falling because you wouldn't be used to the "new you", know what I mean?

I don't really bike enough to keep it up, nor will there be enough snow around past July to make it back to winter, but I DO intend to keep running this time. I was VERY active with my first pregnancy, but I didn't run at the time (just eliptical machine, fast long walks outside, hiking, snowshoeing, etc). This will be a cool change!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
Old 05-23-2007, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Muttix2, I've been aiming for at least 3 days a week, MWF or whenever my bod can handle it.

Was supposed to jump on the treadie today but my upstairs neighbors were banging around last night and screwed up my already fragile sleep. So I plan to sleep in the living room tonight and hit the treadie tomorrow. Thank Buddha we're moving out on Sat!

I've decided I'm just going to make time rather than distance my goal at this point. That is, I'll try for at least 30 min running and cover the mileage display with a tshirt!

User Tag List