***~Weekly Thread May 28th-June 4th~*** - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 53 Old 05-30-2007, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
KATIE- Congrats on graduating from nursing school, what a huge accomplishment!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#32 of 53 Old 05-30-2007, 09:15 AM

My sister-in-law is so excited about this baby, she more than made up for my mom's lack of enthusiasm : : My mom tends to view everything in terms of how it will affect her. She watches my daughter now, while DH and I both work FT, so I'm sure she was just thinking about how hard it's going to be for her to watch a toddler and an infant. Maybe. And then she was mad that I didn't tell her before anyone else. (We got dd a shirt that said "I'm the big sister" and had her wear it when everyone came over a couple weeks ago; so they all found out together) She's just....high maintenance.

My dad's over the moon. We went to the mall together last week, and he took every opportunity he could to loudly remind me that I'm pregnant. Like at the food court, "Sha, you're only getting a salad? You should really eat more, since YOU'RE PREGNANT!" :

But yeah, this is only our second. I'm sure I'll get some different reactions with the next one.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#33 of 53 Old 05-30-2007, 09:26 AM

We are expecting #3 and I think I will be waiting a while to tell people. Mostly I think everyone is going to be in shock and I am sure my Mother will have something to say that will be upsetting. I don't think she does it on purpose, but she can be pretty negative sometimes. The shock is going to be for several reasons 1) we said we were only having 2 2) dd2 just turned 1 on the 18th. 3) I just turned 39 last Thursday (two days after my bfp)

Anyway, I think all babies are a gift so I am just going to go with the flow and hope people are happy for us.
#34 of 53 Old 05-30-2007, 11:52 AM

Hello everyone

I'm 5 weeks or so but we're waiting until my first OB appt next Friday. Once I see that bean on the U/S I'll be able to relax.

My symptoms seem to come and go but oh boy are the boobies ever sore. I am sooo glad I don't have a nursling. I swear I've gone up a cup size already .

I know everyone will be ecstatic so we're enjoying the peace and quiet for now.

Ana
#35 of 53 Old 05-30-2007, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

i think maybe because im the only one in my faily who has had babies since my mom had me its a bit hard.. my sister is older and wants kids, but doesn't have any yet..my auntie wanted kids, but couldnt have them and my mom was always looked at like the black sheep too, so in a way i know that she would support me, on the otherhand, she cant keep her mouth shut so if i tell her, everyone will know. dp's family..he is convinced his family will be upset, but they are way less judgementalk than mine, so i dunno.
#36 of 53 Old 05-30-2007, 01:49 PM

In my family 3 kids is not that many. I'm the oldest of seven, DH is second of five, both my parents were one of five children, my MIL is one of seven, and my FIL is one of ten. I only have one aunt that doesn't have any children... only because she never married, and one other aunt who has only one, because her husband suffered from infertility. Other than those two everyone else has AT LEAST three children (I think the average is five).

Because DH and I are older than most of our siblings (my youngest brother is turning 10 this July) and because his older sister refuses to have children, our daughters represent the only grandkids on both sides of the family. Both of us had younger sisters get married in the last year... so our girls might end up with some cousins in the near future, but for now they're the only ones. Everyone is very excited for us, though they're also nervous with us too. DH is finishing school next month, and we're moving out of state, and we probably won't have a job for a while. It's a bit stressful with baby #3 coming, but no one has told us it was irresponsible to get pregnant again... except for DHs older sister, everyone in the family pretty much believes that children are blessings and don't need to be postponed in favor of financial stability. (Though I'd appreciate a bit more stability.) I never planned to have three so close, but I'm really excited for this next baby... and I still feel like our little family is just getting started.

Emily
#37 of 53 Old 05-30-2007, 03:01 PM

Hi ya.. well 5 wks today.. no pukies just headaches and my ear were killing me yesterday. not sure why? But today is better.. I get nauseous if I don't eat every couple hours so I always have crackers or pretzels around.. lol.. I was sooo grouchy yesterday and exhausted.. I have learned to nap when my toddler naps.. he's 21 months today... Where does the time go??

I can't fit into any of my regular clothes.. I had to bust out my maternity clothes for summer. Thankfully I have 2 aug kiddos and have mostly shorts that have the elastic waist and a top that does not look maternityish yet.. lol.. I was walking Madison to school today and one of the adult crossing guards looked at me and was eyeing the belly.. yep there is a pooch there.. all the water and fluid gain..
#38 of 53 Old 05-30-2007, 03:03 PM

We told everyone yesterday, and My 4 year old is EXCITED!!! She told everyone for us My family were all excited for us, but my ILs weren't so excited (they only have 2 kids), my MIL said she was just in shock, and my FIL told DH one of us needs to get fixed... so, that went over okay I guess, not exactly as I would have liked, but FIL can be like that. We also told lots of friends, who are ALL excited for us. I wonder what FIL will say about #4, when we have it. We have always said we wanted 4, and we planned our new house w/ 4 kids in mind, so I guess he will just have to get used to it!
#39 of 53 Old 05-30-2007, 03:13 PM

We haven't told family yet. Online friends and my local mom's group know but my famiily has to wait until Father's day or maybe next weekend.. I made shirts for the kids and we'll see who pays attention.. I think my mom *knows* but won't say anything to me until I tell her.. lol.. only because she called me yesterday to tell me she passed her coding test and said You are the first to know besides Gene ( stepdad) and it was the tone she used that made me think she may know.. but I didn't question it.. lol.. she usually calls my sister first for things.. lol.. oh well.. Ddh family will be told when we see them end of June. My mom jokes that she doesn't need anymore grandkids.. 6 is enough for her.. lol.. well I told her she was not in charge of my ovaries.. I know my sister is done having kids. she has 2 boys my stepsister has 1 but keeps changing her mind if she wants 1 more and my stepbbro has 1 but they too keep changing their mind plus they are getting married in July and she does not want to be pregnant yet.
#40 of 53 Old 05-30-2007, 03:15 PM

Oh and DH thinks we are having twins.. twin boys since he doesn't make girls.. LOL!!!

I told if it is twins to be fair it should be one of each.. twins don't run in the family either side so I don't think we are having twins.

5wks pic
#41 of 53 Old 05-30-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloise24 View Post
KATIE- Congrats on graduating from nursing school, what a huge accomplishment!
Thanks! I'm pretty excited that it's over!

Went to my first appointment today with my midwife. It went really great. I really like her but found out that there is a possibility that I might not be able to go through a midwife at all.

My husband and his father both had pyloric stenosis (the valve connecting the stomach and small intestines doesn't function properly) when they were born. It's hereditary in boys and if we have a boy he will most likely have it. This would probably make me a high-risk pregnancy. I have to go for genetic counseling and would need a doc instead of a midwife. Isn't as hands-off as I would have hoped. Kind of disappointed, but a healthy me and baby is most important.

Anyone else have this or know anyone that has dealt with it? Any advice would be great!

Have my first "real" appointment on 6/22 - excited!

-katie

Momma to Sofia Hope 11/08 & Anna Grace 9/10
#42 of 53 Old 05-31-2007, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

on a trip for a week or so.. im going to miss this place!
have fun and happy baby growing!
#43 of 53 Old 05-31-2007, 11:35 AM

I have been very lucky with little to no morning sickness, which is a huge difference from when I was pregnant with my little guy. However, the ms has been replaced with cramping, sore boobs and complete exhaustion.

Also, does anyone else feel like their belly is already growing? I know mine has has, .5 inch in a week! Seems like alot for just 7 weeks.

I have my first dr.'s appt. June 11, with a new dr. I liked my old one well enough, but I don't like his office and staff or their professionalism... just didn't feel comfortable, seemed more like a cattle call.: So, we'll see how this one goes, I hope he's very non-invasive and I feel comfortable with him and his office.
#44 of 53 Old 05-31-2007, 11:51 AM

ugh morning sickness has arrived well more of morning nausea and I gag at anything that smells bad...it seems to be getting worse though as the days go by..6 weeks and 6 days here I had no morning sickness with my first which was a boy and then with my second which was a girl I had the wonderful M/S. Nothing really helps it but it does start to fade by noon time....

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#45 of 53 Old 05-31-2007, 02:30 PM

I am feeling pretty good again today! Don't know what is making the PG so easy, but I'm not about to complain. I do feel kinds sick, but no throwing up Guess what I got in the mail today? A bunch of BumGenius 2.0 XS AIOs!!! ANd let me tell you they are adorable!!! THey look really comfy, and I think they will fit great on a newborn. I got a good deal on them from another mama, b/c she didn't wnat to get the stains out. I am going to try a few things this afternoon to get them out. I got 18 of them for $120!!! I cannot even buy the materials and make an AIO for htat (yes, I do sew and make pockets, costs about $3 for the materials, then I get CPFs for the inserts at about $2 each). I also ordered some orange edge prefolds for myself and my CDing friend due in July this morning as her shower gift from me and a few other CDing gals. There are 4 of us now that CD, and we all share a snap press, and make our own dipes It's so much fun! I just know I am going to have too much to do to make up 20 newborn dipes. I do plan to make some embroidered smalls when I find out the gender, though! I still have some yellow PUL w/ the cute Princess embroidery on it that I never used w/ Laina. Maybe I'll get to use it this tmie (or maybe not, thinking boy vibes!!!). Anyway, I guess I am almost done diaper shopping and I am only 7 weeks! :crazy I still have a bunch of stuff on my list, though, and most of it has to wait until I know the gender!

WE told our news and it got mixed reviews. My family were all excited and congratulated us. DH's family not so much. MIL just said "I thought you were building a house" followed by "I'm sorry I'm not acting more excited. I think I'm just in shock" FIL was MUCH worse. He told DH one of us needed to get fixed... Ummm.... we plan on 4 kids and this is only #3!!!! At least DH is standing up for us and telling them we are happy about it. I know mIL will come around in a couple of weeks, and FIL, well, you just have to know him. Iknow he loves my kids, but he isn't one to really show it. I am trying not to be hard on them, b/c ths WAS a complete suprise, for all of us. And I KNOW we are building a house next year (supposed to start in February) and I know it will be harder w/ an infant, but we can still do it! (and we will need to b/c we are out of room in this house!). Oh, well.
#46 of 53 Old 06-01-2007, 08:49 AM

Okay, so this is *kind* of comical to me. Every book I read says that most morning sickness starts around six weeks, when your hormones peak. This morning is six weeks and wouldn't you know, I woke up feel a bit on the queasy side. Ew.

#47 of 53 Old 06-01-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishWSU View Post
To-Fu we are a day apart 'cause I'm 5 weeks today (edd 28 Jan!!) I'm telling everyone IRL that I'm due "early February" though. I just don't want people bugging at the end!...
I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone else has already burst you bubble, but... ummm... People who are going to bug you near the end feel no obligation to wait until your due date. If I were you I'd say you wanted to be the first surrogate birthing a "love child" for Valentines Day. If you say a number date in February most folks will forget it, remember February, and start bugging you once they flip their calendars. If you say the beginning of February, the "buggers" can start in the end of January (cuz half of all babies will be born before average, doncha know?) Valentines Day is a much more fixed and memorable date. JMO

BV, who always makes "out of the house & out of phone's reach plans for her due dates
#48 of 53 Old 06-01-2007, 04:04 PM

Ugh. Woke up this morning, and the m/s was back with a vengeance. It was all I could do to get the kids' breakfast ready.

Luckily, it was getting better by 10 am - my mil and sil come over every Friday morning to play with the kids (and let me get things done), and this was my morning to bake dd's birthday cake! (She wants a duck - I've got quite a cute thing planned - I'll post pictures if it turns out) The cake's in the oven right now. But 2 days of brutal tiredness and one morning of blecch equals a very messy kitchen, which I have to go and tackle now. Ugh.

I was 9 weeks yesterday - only 4 to go (I hope).

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#49 of 53 Old 06-01-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
...and this was my morning to bake dd's birthday cake! (She wants a duck - I've got quite a cute thing planned - I'll post pictures if it turns out) The cake's in the oven right now. But 2 days of brutal tiredness and one morning of blecch equals a very messy kitchen, which I have to go and tackle now. Ugh.
I'm baking a cake today too (well baked now it just needs to be frosted)! Today is my DH's birthday. Luckily the tummy is feeling alright on my end. Just a good bit of the same low level nausea I've had since it all started. Kitchen is still a mess though and I don't have any excuses.
#50 of 53 Old 06-01-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
We told everyone yesterday, and My 4 year old is EXCITED!!! She told everyone for us
DS#1 was the one who told everyone as well. Including dh. Needless to say I was a little shocked when I took the test and he was standing right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joygee View Post
I have my first dr.'s appt. June 11, with a new dr. I liked my old one well enough, but I don't like his office and staff or their professionalism... just didn't feel comfortable, seemed more like a cattle call.: So, we'll see how this one goes, I hope he's very non-invasive and I feel comfortable with him and his office.
My first appt is that day as well, with a new ob too!! But its a woman this time, I'd done the man ob with the first two. Hopefully she is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
Guess what I got in the mail today? A bunch of BumGenius 2.0 XS AIOs!!! ANd let me tell you they are adorable
I got my first order of cpf and a bummis wrap on Thursday. I can't wait to continue to order and receive them. I'm ordering a shipment once a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloise24 View Post
Okay, so this is *kind* of comical to me. Every book I read says that most morning sickness starts around six weeks, when your hormones peak. This morning is six weeks and wouldn't you know, I woke up feel a bit on the queasy side. Ew.
I think this was exactly me too. Ughhh man did it stink!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#51 of 53 Old 06-01-2007, 08:18 PM

One more comment- since this is our weekly thread . . . today is the first day of Hurricane Season!! And here I sit in Orlando, with a possible tropical storm going overhead tonight. So wild! Anyone else down here? We do need the rain, but I could do without possible 45 mph winds!

#52 of 53 Old 06-01-2007, 08:59 PM

Hello Everyone. I'm Melanie and this is my first pregnancy. I don't know why I was so prideful in thinking pre-pregnancy that I wouldn't have all these symptoms, but I'm definitely more forgetful or "spacey", amotivated, struggling with my normal runs, CONSTIPATED ! (I've never been constipated in my life !! And I definitely eat LOTS of veggies so I don't get it), plus my boobs are hurting so badly, and my husband keeps complaining I toss and turn frequently at night. I wake up CONSTANTLY ! (not usual me)

also I'm breaking out oh so gloriously and I shouldn't be complaining but I've outgrown my bra already! And I definitely have some sort of "belly" going on (this is different from when I've gained a little bit of weight too. I have even lost a couple of pounds but still manage to have this pooch?)

Hooray haha

no morning sickness persay just aversion to my usual cravings for a glass of wine at night with dinner and coffee in the morning (I don't even care for decaf). And certain smells REPULSE ME (cigarettes or any type of fumes I swear it's not the knowledge of me being pregnant just I feel I'm gonna retch whenever they hit me)

my EDD is 1/28/08. Seems a lot of us are then

I'm trying not to be negative and just enjoy this pregnancy but I'm SO FATIGUED ! I tried giving a presentation this morning to a roomful of people who obviously don't know I'm pregnant and just couldn't help feeling how much of a ditz I wa

Melanie, vegan mommy to twin girls born Dec. 2007, and another little girl born Sept. 25th, 2009!
#53 of 53 Old 06-01-2007, 09:09 PM

Hi ladies!! I'm tired today.. went on a field trip with Madison's 1st grade class.. so we went to a Farm which was super cool. they had people dressed as characters Mother Goose, mother hubbard etc reading stories and telling stories about the animals. We had lunch and then went to Riverfront park and played for a bit.. plus it is SUPER HOT today 94* tha's 20* warmer than usual this time of year so we had to stop and get popsicles.. I ran into 2 women who were due anytime in the next 2wks.. lol.. and they were talking about MW and such.. so I earsdropped to listen who they go to..

then came home and was catching up when Aidan walks up to me and I see what I think is chocolate... let's just say IT WASN'T CHOCOLATE...: it came from his diaper and he had it all over his body and hands... ewwwwwww so off to bathland we went.. I gagged the whole way there.. that never happens to me!!! UGH..

and I cannot wait to get some fluffymail with new born dipes.. Aidan is outgrowing his med and I need some larges.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page