***~Weekly Thread May 28th-June 4th~*** - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-28-2007, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
can we have a weekly thread? i love checking in and seeing how everyone is doing. it seems like time is really flying. i will be 8 weeks tomorow! : that means we only have 7 months (maybe) left to get ready. it doesn't seem like enough time! i have so many things to do, including moving and fixing up our new house, planting a garden, knitting teeny tiny socks and sweaters and hats..
and how in the world am i going to get it all done in 7 months with 2 kids under 5. it seems impossble at moments.

and my pregnancy symptoms have all decided to bombard me at once. my breasts and nipples are so sore and im queezy.. all. the. time. im hungry but nothing sounds at all edible and i just want to sleep all day (without a toddler sucking my sore boobs)

but..it is beautiful spring weather and our garden is green (we will be leaving it behind for the next people) and i feel so lucky to have this little bean growing toes in my womb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2007, 12:38 PM

Time really is flying! I'll be 9 weeks on Wednesday! I had such bad morning sickness last week I ended up going to the emergency room for an IV because I was scared of dehydration... since then my morning sickness has disappeared! Odd...

Feeling pretty good so far as actually, just REALLY hungry! It's really making me think I'm having a girl because so far this pregnancy is so different than my last one with my son.

SAM, momma to 3 beautiful babies: Tristan (5), Gabriel (4) , & Brighton (2)

Old 05-28-2007, 01:22 PM

My MS is a lot different this time, and I am hoping that means boy! I have 2 girls and was really sick w/ both of them, now I only have neausea and not actually dry heaves or throwing up. I am only 6w3d, though, so maybe it's jsut not soon enough? (started at 5 weeks w/ the girls). I plan to plant squash and okra today, everything else is pretty much in the ground. My beans popped up a few days ago, and everthing looks great out in the garden! I really enjoy working in mine We are taking it easy today, I need to do some laundry, and do a few dishes. Otherwise I am just going to hang out with my girls! My SIL is supposed to come up later today and play with the girls. Hope you all have a great Memorial day!
Old 05-28-2007, 03:23 PM

I was just 5 weeks yesterday (facial features are starting to form!), and I'm looking forward to my appointment with the midwife team at the beginning of next month, and going home to visit family so I can share the good news with them. I'm a little afraid of the inundation of "advice" and demands we'll get from the newly minted grandparents, and I hope I'll be able to say "no, thanks" when it counts.

So far, no queasiness (knock on wood!). I'm just exhausted and starving all the time, and my boobs are huge and sore. I've been reading a lot of books and articles to prepare (this is our first time doing this), and it always feels like there's too much time to get ready and also not enough!

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
Old 05-28-2007, 06:12 PM

To-Fu we are a day apart 'cause I'm 5 weeks today (edd 28 Jan!!) I'm telling everyone IRL that I'm due "early February" though. I just don't want people bugging at the end!

So far nothing really for me in the pregnancy symptons caterogory...I'm just going to chalk it up to being lucky and try to stop worrying that something is wrong.

I have to go to Ft. Polk, LA at the end of the week for a 3 week training exercise (in the Army) so I'm hoping that'll help take my mind off the "OMG this part of pregnancy is sooo boring!" By the time I get back I'll be just over 8 weeks and my OB Orientation appointment (paperwork, yay!) will be right around the corner.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

Old 05-28-2007, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishWSU View Post
To-Fu we are a day apart 'cause I'm 5 weeks today (edd 28 Jan!!) I'm telling everyone IRL that I'm due "early February" though. I just don't want people bugging at the end!
That's a really good idea! Maybe I will tell people that, too.

There's a chance my actual due date is 1/28, actually. I've done a few different calculators and I get both dates. My LMP was 4/21. Hmm.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
Old 05-28-2007, 07:52 PM

I'll throw in my rant, whine and complain here . . . I work at a children's home and we have a great game/excercise room that I use all the time. I hate exercising but make myself do it faithfully and have actually found myself enjoying the treadmill lately. We are going to Scotland in a month and hiking, so I've been doing a lot of uphill practice. Today I went to use the treadmill and SOMEONE TOOK the emergency key that allows you to use the treadmill. I was so upset, spent half an hour looking for it and then came home and threw myself in bed Whaaaaa! It figures.

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
Old 05-28-2007, 09:00 PM

Great idea for a thread

I'm 6w5d, I think. I don't really know for sure
I have my first mw appointment this Wednesday and I am really looking forward to it. My mom is going to watch the kids and DH and I are going to make a special morning out of it. He's going to take me out to breakfast, so we're going to linger over it and enjoy being kidless for a few hours
I can't wait to have an u/s. I just need to see this little bean to really 'feel' pregnant. I have no symptoms at all, other than the extreme fatigue and no period (of course!). My breasts feel fine and I have no nausea.
DH is really getting excited and was just beaming like a fool this morning when I put on my first full maternity outfit this time around- I couldn't squeeze into my jeans, so I just gave into comfort. He's just so excited.. I'm excited, too, but also nervous. I wish I didn't worry so much about things, it's not helpful at all!

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
Old 05-28-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by To-Fu View Post
There's a chance my actual due date is 1/28, actually. I've done a few different calculators and I get both dates. My LMP was 4/21. Hmm.
My LMP was 4/23 which gives me an EDD of 1/30 but based on my O day {5/7} my EDD is the 28th, so that's the one I'm using

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

Old 05-29-2007, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic-momma View Post
Time really is flying! I'll be 9 weeks on Wednesday! I had such bad morning sickness last week I ended up going to the emergency room for an IV because I was scared of dehydration... since then my morning sickness has disappeared! Odd...
Interesting - I'll be 9 weeks on Thursday, had 2 days of brutal m/s last week, and nothing since then! Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I've been feeling fine, but I have to make sure I eat on a regular basis. And I've been sooooo tired...by 9 pm I'm done.

Gotta go help dh bottle the batch of beer that I won't be drinking...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 05-29-2007, 03:32 AM

ELOISE24- sorry about the treadmill. im super proud that you have been exercising. i keep saying I will but i'm too tired.

I hope everyone else is as bitchy as i have been lately and that it is not just me. everything makes me so mad. i just have one little emotional break down after another. this week i am watching my 7 year old nephew as well as my own 2 year old son. my nephew whines, complains, and pouts all day. he is going to drive me completely insane. normally i find him fun to be around, but today i wanted to kill him like three times. everything was an arguement. dh has also been a problem. everything he does seems to make me mad. he lack of organization drives me up the wall. i can't realy think of anything else that he has done to deseve my rath, but i just know i have been mad at him all day, and i have nagged at him all week.

School is also driving me crasy. i have online classes so i don't have to go to school. I am pretty much the only person in my classes that i think has a heart or a mind of their own and I hate having to discuss things online with everone else because I constantly feel like i'm being attacked or that i need to attack them. it really gets my blood pressure up. it is a class on political economy. this week we were discussing whether or not all people are completely self-interested. it is so sad to find out that i am the only person that thinks that true compassion and self sacrifice is a possibility in economic terms.

please excuse all of my typos and mistakes in this posting. im just really out of it.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:38 AM

Hi Ladies!

I'm very happy to report that this time around, my m/s is much more manageable. It seems that if I make sure to eat some kind of protein, it staves off the nausea. With my first, that was hardly the case. Maybe it means that this one will be a girl. I'm hoping it stays this way--I'm 7 weeks in. I'm still nursing my 21 m.o. but it seems that there is very little milk. I'm relieved that it is not traumatizing d.s. at all and he seems content just to suck whatever is coming out. He is definitely asking for more food so maybe he will wean. That makes me sad--we've had a beautiful nursing relationship.

We'll be travelling to Ghana in July and I'm a little nervous moreso because when you're not pregnant, it's okay to skip meals from time to time but I will need to have a constant go-to and I'm not sure what that will be over there. I'm going to be asking some questions. What do you ladies think about travelling to Ghana (or abroad) while pregnant (someplace you've never been)?

-Rootzdawta

Stay-at-home mom to 2 beautiful.busy.boisterous boys b. 08.17.05 & 12.29.08
Nirvana is . . . the living happiness of a soul which is conscious of itself and conscious of having found its own abode in the heart of the Eternal. --Gandhi
Old 05-29-2007, 11:00 AM

Good morning everyone,

Just popping to say hi and subscribe to the thread. 5 weeks 4 days today. So far not much in the way of pregnancy symptoms. Just really tired and sore boobs. Sometimes I feel like I am a bit nauseous, but I am not sure if I am feeling that way from the pregnancy or from the nervousness of having three kids
Old 05-29-2007, 11:14 AM

Thanks for starting our weekly thread this week, Spirulina&Sage

We had a pretty icky thunderstorm roll through this weekend and woke up yesterday morning to find an entire limb of one of our oak trees in our front yard. We couldn't even open the door, it was right up against it. So, my dad came over and helped DH cut it up and make some firewood out of it. Then my daughter helped "Pa" clean up the bits and pieces that were left in the yard, and deposited them in the woods across the street.

Anyway, that led to more yard work. My mom swept my driveway, I started to weed in my daughter's playground area, and DH diligently worked to get the pool open I'm excited about the pool this year, because we're not using chlorine, we're using Baquacil. I'm hoping it works great, because I hate chlorinated pools. Chlorine and my skin do not get along at all.

I've been starting to worry a bit about this baby. I have disappearing symptoms. I'll be seven weeks tomorrow. From about 4 weeks or so, my nipples were KILLING ME whenever DD nursed. But now, they hardly ever hurt. I get intermittent cramping, every couple days. The other day, I swear it felt like Ovulation pain And every so often, I"ll have some nausea. Usually smell induced. But that's it. I mean, the only constant is that I'm tired. But I'm generally a kind of low energy person; especially once it starts getting warm outside.

I was thinking of calling my old gyn and requesting a beta draw or something; just to reassure me. But then, I think I should just be enjoying this obviously blissful pregnancy and stop being so cantankerous. :

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
Old 05-29-2007, 12:44 PM

Rootzdawta- From everything I've heard, you're fine to travel, but have to be careful to keep eating and drinking lots of water of course. We're headed to Scotland next month, I'll be about 9 weeks, so I'm ****really***** hoping that I have SOME energy left at that point to hike. We've been saving for two years to go back and it would stink to be miserable. Anyway, hope your trip is great! What are you going for?

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
Old 05-29-2007, 02:11 PM

sigh......can i be the only one with horrid m/s?? trying not to die (or have dh kill me, LOL!).....feeling horrible about neglecting my poor dd, and work! HA! Thank God it's the end of the month and most of my crap is already done........ i'm a whiny, crabby unhappy person. Hopefully this will pass soon. I keep telling myself my m/s WILL end at 12 weeks this time, and not 23 like last time......

CPST
Old 05-29-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by To-Fu View Post
That's a really good idea! Maybe I will tell people that, too.

If i do my LMP then I am at 1/27 if I actually go by my O date when I actually conceived I am 1/30 and my LMP was 4/22.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishWSU View Post
My LMP was 4/23 which gives me an EDD of 1/30 but based on my O day {5/7} my EDD is the 28th, so that's the one I'm using
HAHA my O date was 5/9 and so I am using my dd aas 1/30!
Old 05-29-2007, 03:29 PM

Depending on what ticker I use I am either 4w6d or 5w today.. I count 5wks tomorrow since my DD is 1/30 and that falls on a wed. Went camping over the weekend and the queasiness hit me a couple times but not too much. I was able to hide it from family.. We are not telling them until Father's day weekend... and my 1st appt is 6/8 but that is all the paperwork part. I am sure I will get another appt mid June or end of June. Told her I was not worried about when I get in since I have been through this already.

I'm still taking b6 and that is helping somewhat with the queasiness and I eat pretzel sticks and Sprite 1st thing in the morning upon waking.. it helps * knock on wood * MS really hit me about 6-7 wks when I was pregnant with Aidan so I am trying to keep it at bay.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootzdawta View Post
Hi Ladies!

I'm very happy to report that this time around, my m/s is much more manageable. It seems that if I make sure to eat some kind of protein, it staves off the nausea. With my first, that was hardly the case. Maybe it means that this one will be a girl. I'm hoping it stays this way--I'm 7 weeks in. I'm still nursing my 21 m.o. but it seems that there is very little milk. I'm relieved that it is not traumatizing d.s. at all and he seems content just to suck whatever is coming out. He is definitely asking for more food so maybe he will wean. That makes me sad--we've had a beautiful nursing relationship.

We'll be travelling to Ghana in July and I'm a little nervous moreso because when you're not pregnant, it's okay to skip meals from time to time but I will need to have a constant go-to and I'm not sure what that will be over there. I'm going to be asking some questions. What do you ladies think about travelling to Ghana (or abroad) while pregnant (someplace you've never been)?

-Rootzdawta

I have never traveled outside the US but Dh used to make fun of me when I had stashes of dry food in my car.. It was an hour drive to and from work each day and getting sick in rush hour was not fun!!

Oh and our kiddos are close in age. Aidan is 8/30/05 and this one will be end of Jan
Old 05-29-2007, 07:38 PM

Hi all! joining in a weekly thread

I'm not sure how many weeks I am b/c I am a dummy and I can't remember my LMP. I'm thinking i'm due sometime in early Jan. I have my first mw appt. on Monday (yay!) so hopefully she can help me narrow it down some. We're planning on telling our kids about the baby before my appointment so I'm really excited about that. And then, of course we'll be telling everyone else.

I'm not feeling too badly. Gagging and dry-heaving a lot which sucks but it could be worse! I've been exhausted some days but some not so much.

I'm jealous of those you getting to travel outside of the country! How cool. Our only big travel plans are to go to a concert in July three hours away. Having second thoughts about that. I have a hard time staying up 'til ten watching TV, how will I survive a late night at a concert? Oh, we're also going to the mountains next weekend to camp and go see Thomas the train for "Day Out With Thomas" woo-hoo!

So anyone else trying to hide a little belly? We went to a lake with the fam. this weekend and no one said anything even though its starting to become kind of obvious. They probably just think I'm putting on weight I am so excited that we'll be telling everyone soon, but I am worried that since this is our third that no one else will be!

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

Old 05-29-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamazon View Post
I'm still taking b6 and that is helping somewhat with the queasiness
Hmm, maybe that's why so far I'm pretty much "symptonless." I have really bad acne and I read somewhere that supplementing w/ B5 can help (and it has) but the only way I can find it is in a B-Complex, which also has B-6. I take the B-Complex in addition to my regular pre-natal.

Does anyone know if you can get too much folic acid? Both the B-Complex and the prenatal have folic acid.

My boobs are starting to get sore finally!! I guess that's on pregnancy sympton I can claim!

Old 05-29-2007, 09:23 PM

Hey everyone,

5 weeks 3 days today! I find myself overestimating how far along I am. I tell people "I'm almost six weeks." So silly, I know but I like the idea of being more pregnant.

Symptoms not too bad - serious fatigue (fell asleep in an action movie two days ago! - at a movie theater!), appetite goes from crazy to non-existent, nausea at night, trouble sleeping and the newest symptoms - headeaches!

I'm mostly scared that this is really nothing (since I'm not far) and I just have to wait for the real symptoms to kick in.

Heading on a trip too - Greece on June 28th. I'll be almost 10 weeks. Hopefully, won't get motion sickness.

Hope everyone's day is going well - I graduated from nursing school today! Hooray!

-katie

Momma to Sofia Hope 11/08 & Anna Grace 9/10
Old 05-29-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybean View Post
I am so excited that we'll be telling everyone soon, but I am worried that since this is our third that no one else will be!
Hi, and welcome, Jill! I've been thinking a lot about this, too. I told my mom, and she just kind of laughed, but wasn't super excited for me like the first time. The response kind of threw me!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:46 PM

This is our third and I have to say everyone is as happy as the first time we told them. Actually they probably are happier, my first I was only 18.

Yesterday DH and I were talking and I said, "Oh I'm 9 weeks today, then paused and was like, so that is like 31 weeks left!! 29 if s/he comes early like both my boys!!" Putting it in that perspective. O.M.G. that's too soon!!

My boys had their 6 month dental check up and the lady asked if I wanted to schedule their next one would be in mid December!!! That seems even closer!! : Ahhhhhh this is probably our last baby so I really want this to be nice and long. Its going by too fast already!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

Old 05-30-2007, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

aimee, thats so great that everyone is happy. i really wish it were the same in my case.. maybe i will be surprised but i dont think so. somehow everyone in my family just thinks that its irresponsible to have more children, but on the otherhand they adore them (this will be our 3rd as well)..so i dont know what gives. i know that if i was the mother or sister or auntie or grandmother i would be so excited and happy. my family is kind of screwy that way. i have so much anxiety about being pregnant and having my family not know. i see them daily and its just such a big weight on my shoulders right now

on a goodnote, i remembered to take my b vitamins and today was the first day in many that i havnt felt totally sick..so all you puking mammas take you b's!
Old 05-30-2007, 01:53 AM

I hope it goes smoothly. I am happy for you, and I don't even know you. Babies are special and always meant to be, regardless of your situation.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

Old 05-30-2007, 02:00 AM

Hello... I have really bad indigestion at night and occasionally heartburn. Sometimes I get a wave of nausea, but that's not so bad as long as I keep eating protein. That means I'm constantly eating! And I've never been so bloated in my life. That's no fun.... And I am soooo emotional. Anyone else cry at the drop if a hat? Oh, and I love pregnancy boobs!
Old 05-30-2007, 02:34 AM

I have the disappearing symptoms, too - my breasts aren't that sore (still nursing ds), I had m/s last week but it's mostly gone.... I am really tired, though, and I find I have to eat more often. I took a pregnancy test last night (2 to a box, might as well use it! ) just to make sure, but got a BFP within seconds. My first appt with my dr isn't until June 22, so I guess I should stop complaining and just enjoy. Having a tough pregnancy would be brutal when you're a SAHM with two under 3!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 05-30-2007, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirulina&Sage View Post
somehow everyone in my family just thinks that its irresponsible to have more children, but on the otherhand they adore them (this will be our 3rd as well)..so i dont know what gives. i know that if i was the mother or sister or auntie or grandmother i would be so excited and happy. my family is kind of screwy that way. i have so much anxiety about being pregnant and having my family not know. i see them daily and its just such a big weight on my shoulders right now

Awww...I thought we'd get a little bit of that from my folks, but I guess my sister broke them in - she has 5 kids! (I'm pregnant with #3, too) My inlaws I knew wouldn't be a problem - they have 6 children.

Babies are miracles - each and every one.

User Tag List