What names are you tossing around? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 68 Old 05-28-2007, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I know I am not the only one that has been thinking about names What names are on your list? I need help!

So far our names are:

Girls
Lauren
Alexis
???

Boys
Tyler
Ryland (or Ryan)
Jonathan
Kyle

I need LOTS of help! These are about all we have come up with so far, and yes I did look thru the Names Books, just don't really like most of them...
#2 of 68 Old 05-28-2007, 03:28 PM

Have you looked at behindthename.com? Great for just browsing.

Our girl name is pretty much a definite, Darla Isis Marie. It's not up for debate.
I've thought about Logan Derek for a boy, but I'm not 100% sure yet. Not much else in the boys' department.

Mama with babyboy.gif (2005), babyboy.gif (2008) & babygirl.gif (2010)

#3 of 68 Old 05-28-2007, 06:54 PM

We have a hard time with boy names too. Hubby decided he liked K2 (after the mountain) which I immediately vetoed. He also likes Everest, which I kind of like. Should be an interesting nine months of his "creative" ideas. Gosh.

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#4 of 68 Old 05-28-2007, 07:48 PM

We have our boy name all set, but we are soo unsure about a girl's name. I haven't really heard anything that I like. Good things we have plenty of time!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#5 of 68 Old 05-28-2007, 08:06 PM

Free Thinker~ Rylan is #1 on my boy list right now!! I just LOVE that name! If it's a boy the middle name is defenitly going to be after my dad, which is Gerald......hmmm, Rylan Gerald...I'm liking that!

For a girl, I'm loving the name Avery right now. My girl middle name is going to be after my great grandma (Josie).
#6 of 68 Old 05-28-2007, 09:18 PM

We've got firm and final names:

Llewellynn Elizabeth for a girl
Gabriel William for a boy

SAM, momma to 3 beautiful babies: Tristan (5), Gabriel (4) , & Brighton (2)

#7 of 68 Old 05-28-2007, 10:13 PM

We are still debating. I have the names picked out, but my dh hasn't fully agreed to anything yet.
#8 of 68 Old 05-29-2007, 12:25 AM

With dd (#1), we had a short list for both genders, but had definite middle names (family names). With ds (#2), we had 1 name ready for each gender. At this rate, #3 will probably not be named until awhile after birth!

I know a couple whose dd didn't have a name until she was 4 weeks old (you have 30 days to register a name here) - they took it right up to the line!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#9 of 68 Old 05-29-2007, 02:19 AM

our ds is named after my dead grandfather who i was very close to, but that name also happens to be one of the most popular names for boys over the last few years. I'm not really into normal names so that makes me mad. I want this name to be really special. I also like names that are words. So far I like
Girls:
Finola
Rhea
Sovereign
Riel

Boys:
Lennon
Pax (but I think that is angelina joley's son's name or something, dont want to seem like I copied)
Lucian
Kilian

Just too many names and not enough children.
#10 of 68 Old 05-29-2007, 11:02 AM

I would like Charlotte Jane for a girl and Rory James for a boy. Jane and James are family names. Dh is not convinced.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#11 of 68 Old 05-29-2007, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

OH. I like Rory! SOunds so cute!
#12 of 68 Old 05-29-2007, 02:22 PM

These are set in stone no matter what DH says..

Clara or Clare Elise ( after my grandmother)

Owen Roe... if Dh had his way with spelling it would be the true irish way of Eoghan Roe but we are choosing the English Owen since that was my grandfather's middle name..

he got to name Aidan.. since tradition is to name to 1st boy after the first male in the family so it was John.. um no.. too common so we decided on Aidan John as his first name so it can be shortened to AJ ( his side of the family calls him that now) and his middle name is Leon which is also DH's and his grandfather and ggrandfather.. so it is MY turn !!
#13 of 68 Old 05-29-2007, 06:34 PM

I have such a hard time with names!!! We didn't have ds's name until the very end. We have thought of Evelyn Elizabeth (Evey) for a girl. Also Audrey Elizabeth. Geck_07 - I really like Avery also.

For a boy - hmmm, no idea.

~~Mama to DS1 6/05 and DS2 12/07~~
#14 of 68 Old 05-29-2007, 06:47 PM

Before I knew it was a boy (thought it was a girl):

Noel,
Misty Jasmine
Stormy

Boy:
Not sure about middle name:

Jared (What I want)
DH wants Ralph...I'd compromise with Raphael

I like Gabriel too.

Circ doesn't work! Stop the violence of circumcison. Had another UP/UC/HB in August!
#15 of 68 Old 05-29-2007, 07:10 PM

Our girls currently are Kathryn and Danielle. We decided on DD#1s name about a month before she was born. DD#2 we already had names picked out, so we knew for sure as soon as we found out it was a girl. We've agreed on four different boys names since before we got married, but we didn't decide which one to use first until I was preggo with DD#2. So, we've got this baby's name set in stone already, and we should be okay with future kids... unless we end up with too many girls.

This baby will be Christine (we don't give girls middle names... family tradition), or Jackson McNeil (my mother's maiden name).

The next girl will be Lydia-Marie, or maybe just Marie.
Our other boys names are: Matthew James, Benjamin David, and Joshua Edward.

If you couldn't tell... we really like traditional, boring names.

Emily
#16 of 68 Old 05-29-2007, 07:34 PM

All of these names sound so great! I think we have it down to Addison Jane for a girl and William "Will" John for a boy. The middle name is after dh's grandfather. It's still early though, I guess anything can happen

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#17 of 68 Old 05-29-2007, 11:30 PM

We like:

Noah Bradley
Benjamin Elijah

Elizabeth Sophia
Eliana *yet to be determined*
#18 of 68 Old 05-30-2007, 12:18 AM

We have an Olivia Lee, a Sofia May and a Carmen Alexandra.
I really like Evelyn for a girl. or Ella (but my cousin snagged that one, she didn't know it was my top pick on my lists!)
I love the name Christian for a boy but won't use it because I hate the name Chris and if he chooses to be called Chris I'll be unhappy.
I love the name Ronan for a boy as well. or Dante. But DH won't go for Dante.
#19 of 68 Old 05-30-2007, 01:04 AM

For a boy we are deft going to use the name Ethan. The middle name would either be Michael or Malcom. For a girl we're not sure. I'm liking Amelia or Elana with the middle name being Elizabeth or Karis. With DD it was so easy to come up with girl names and I told DH we had to have a girl, because we couldn't find any boys names we liked. We had DD so that worked out well Now it's the opposite... maybe we're having a boy? lol
#20 of 68 Old 05-30-2007, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafwood View Post
All of these names sound so great! I think we have it down to Addison Jane for a girl and William "Will" John for a boy. The middle name is after dh's grandfather. It's still early though, I guess anything can happen
William John was my grandfather's name I always thought it was very distinguished

SAM, momma to 3 beautiful babies: Tristan (5), Gabriel (4) , & Brighton (2)

#21 of 68 Old 05-30-2007, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniscus View Post
I have such a hard time with names!!! We didn't have ds's name until the very end. We have thought of Evelyn Elizabeth (Evey) for a girl. Also Audrey Elizabeth.
I love Evelyn and Audrey!

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#22 of 68 Old 05-31-2007, 12:06 AM

Well it's official!! Dh told me tonight that since the baby names I like mean so much to me, we will use them. : I am so excited! I cried when he told me. I have had these names in my heart for so long and I knew dh didn't like them so I never thought he would come around. I flip through pages and pages of baby names and none ever sound right, they all sound second best.

Charlotte or Rory it is!! I can't wait!

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#23 of 68 Old 05-31-2007, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
Well it's official!! Dh told me tonight that since the baby names I like mean so much to me, we will use them. : I am so excited! I cried when he told me. I have had these names in my heart for so long and I knew dh didn't like them so I never thought he would come around. I flip through pages and pages of baby names and none ever sound right, they all sound second best.

Charlotte or Rory it is!! I can't wait!
Yay, congratulations!

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#24 of 68 Old 05-31-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloise24 View Post
We have a hard time with boy names too. Hubby decided he liked K2 (after the mountain) which I immediately vetoed. He also likes Everest, which I kind of like. Should be an interesting nine months of his "creative" ideas. Gosh.

I was just thinking, you are carrying this child and will be birthing it. Naming he/she after a mountain, something known for its hugeness (and you are going for the biggest ones), could be a bad omen. Just thinking.
#25 of 68 Old 06-01-2007, 03:25 PM

For a girl we were thinking Sophie, but I checked the name and it is super popular right now (well, along with Sophia). The middle name will definately be Joette after Grandma.

For a boy we were thinking Cruz, but I'm sure we won't go with that name for various reasons.

It has been very tough for us to think of good baby names, so we are almost at a total loss right now. Good thing we've got at least 10 more months to think on it.
#26 of 68 Old 06-03-2007, 05:17 AM

Ours has been set since my 1st pregnancy....

Harvey James Reed III

dh goes by James, fil goes by Harvey...I hate the troubles caused by going by a middle name though...so I've insisted to family members that if we name him this he will be called Harvey!

sil says she thinks it sound too old for a baby to be called Harvey...what do you all think?

ETA: I know it's too early to *know* but still I know it's a boy...I've known what all my children were right from the start.
#27 of 68 Old 06-03-2007, 12:43 PM

We like the name Adeline for a girl. I haven't thought about a middle name yet. Boys names are hard for us. We have two boys and both names were a struggle - lol. I'm really hoping for a girl as we've used the only two boys names we like!
#28 of 68 Old 06-04-2007, 08:32 PM

Seaturtle, my 5yo's name is Ezekiel. It's the best boy name ever!

I don't think Harvey sounds too old for a baby. I like old-fashioned names though. In fact we've been tossing around George as a possible baby name.

Ok for girls names, we're set on 3: Ivy, Indigo or Ruby all with the middle name of Mae.

For a boy we're kinda stumped. We've also used to two boy names that we like so we're doing a lot of searching. (ds2's name is Sebastian) Right now I kind of like: Ephraim, Felix and maybe George. Not sure of the middle name... possibly Joshua, my dh's name.

So if anyone has old-fashioned yet unique boys names they'd like to share- feel free!

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#29 of 68 Old 06-04-2007, 11:38 PM

NAK

I like Harvey also, but I like lots of old-fashioned names like:

Walter
Henry
Harold
Clinton

But when we found out dd2 was a girl the same sil said Ruth (a name we considered) was "an old lady name"

We will still choose Harvey, but I'll have to keep it a secret if I don't want to hear all the neg comments.
#30 of 68 Old 06-05-2007, 01:12 PM

I was horrible choosing my son's name! We couldn't come up with many boy names we liked, and neither of us liked the same names. Three days after he was born we finally narrowed it down to 4 names, then we each ranked them. Our first choices were each other's LAST choices, and we had the same second choice and that is his name. We had TONS of girl names, and still do.

If this one is a boy I have NO CLUE what the poor child will be named!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page