unable to tolerate much volume of food... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-03-2007, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: Already. I am 9 weeks in 15 minutes (). WTF? I barf all the time, not because something necessarily makes me sick in the ew yuck ms sense, but in the holy crap my stomach is gonna blow sense. I still barf because food makes me gaggy, although I think very carefully now before I eat something, lest it make me pukey. But then I eat something, and after I'm done eating, even a normal portion, omg....I want to just hurl. It's like (I imagine) I've had gastric bypass or something.

Anyone else?
#2 of 9 Old 06-03-2007, 12:57 AM

I don't throw up, but I definitely have a full feeling in my stomach much of the time, and if i have a large meal, it's REALLY uncomfortable. For me it is uncomfortable just in a pressure-in-the-abdomen sense...doesn't make me gaggy or pukey or anything, make sense?

Sorry : that sounds ucky.

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#3 of 9 Old 06-03-2007, 09:54 AM

I'm with Andrea. I don't get nauseous, but I do feel like there's just less room in there, and I'm eating 50-60% of the volume that I used to be able to at one sitting. But when I get hungry, it can be so intense that it's almost painful!

full time student, crunchy wife to my woodsy man, and mom to 2 homebirthed, cloth diapered, tandem breastfed kiddos. 
#4 of 9 Old 06-03-2007, 10:42 AM
g&a

try digestive enzymes. I found they helped. Not cured, but helped.

g.

Canadian mama to A (C/S May 2004) and R (induced VBAC Dec 2007) expecting #3 in July.  Currently obsessing over permaculture, photography and beekeeping.

#5 of 9 Old 06-03-2007, 11:51 AM

I have also noticed this...and it sucks because I am a big time foodie! It is probably just as well that I learn to eat smaller meals..I will just have to plan better, I guess. I don't understand WHY I feel like this though.. our babies are so tiny. WHY do I feel full and heartburney and gross after I eat..especially when I was SO HUNGRY. I don't know. Oh well..

Maybe I will try the digestive enzymes. I think that my prenatal vitamins are supposed to have some things to help with digestion, (probiotics and ginger maybe?)

Mama to my tribe
#6 of 9 Old 06-03-2007, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Seriously. My belly is developing multiple personalities. I want to eat, but food makes me gag. I feel a little better if I can muscle some food in, but then I feel so overly full that all I want to do is puke. I can't puke, but plead with my body to just chuck it up. I rest for a while and then wake up hungry, but food makes me gag.

I described my symptoms to a friend who had (and beat!) breast cancer. She said, "Wow! Sounds just like chemo."

I cried when she said that. My illness will end in a month or two. But she fought cancer for 2 years.

Everything makes me cry. And I am a gal who does not cry much.

Gack. Pregancy can be rough. And wondeful. But mostly rough right now.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#7 of 9 Old 06-03-2007, 03:21 PM

Well, honestly...your stomach is a very elastic organ which can and does shrink and expand....(you know this, I'm sure) and if you have been eating/keeping down very little for days/weeks in a row...it WILL shrink. I know mine has shrunk down to almost nothing.....so I think there is a huge amount of biological validity to your feelings.

CPST
#8 of 9 Old 06-03-2007, 07:21 PM

Yes.. I've only been able to eat very small amounts of food. And it's been hard to find things that are appetizing

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#9 of 9 Old 06-03-2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobit View Post
...I do feel like there's just less room in there, and I'm eating 50-60% of the volume that I used to be able to at one sitting. But when I get hungry, it can be so intense that it's almost painful!
This was EXACTLY me during my first pregnancy. This pregnancy I've not felt sick or had weird portion stuff yet; did someone mention vitamin B6 helps with this? Because my prenatal vitamins have a ton in them... But last time that portion control helped me to lose 20 lbs. in my first three months! I needed to lose it, though, so it was OK for me because what I was eating was super healthy and I was exercising.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page