Weekly Thread - June 11-17 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 53 Old 06-13-2007, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WAY cool U/S picture Junebug.

I felt almost too good yesterday. I had energy, and only had a bit of m/s here and there. It was great. But I started to get nervous that something was wrong. But... then I got sick in the evening. All is well.

I hope to have energy today. We're going camping this weekend, and there's a lot to do!
#32 of 53 Old 06-13-2007, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hello all -- so sorry so many of us are feeling crummy. I am with you all in the crummy camp. My ms has been bad, frequent vommiting and a decent amount of weightloss. I saw my mw yesterday and she prescribed Zofran. I took one last night and feel quite a bit better today. I am still a bit queasy and reeeeeeeeally tired, but the near constant heaving is gone.

My little boy is now in daycare which is very strange. I haven't been able to keep up with him and he has been getting into some wicked mischief while I have been sick. So, we found a terrific little daycare that will take him for the next month. He loves it which makes me a little sad, but I am glad he is safe and having fun. At home, he was tearing the place apart and driving me insane.

Enough about me. Congrats to all you mommas. I hope we all feel better really soon.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#33 of 53 Old 06-13-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
Oh, I hear you. I was up 4 times last night with ds (14 months) and 4 times the night before. Dh has tried once or twice to put him back in the middle of the night, but ds usually protests loudly. So I envy you a baby who sleeps all night, even if your dh doesn't put her to bed very often. It doesn't make a difference for us.
sounds like here, only ds is 25mo, lol. he still makes every hour or two all night and the only thinkg that will help him go back to sleep is nursing. i'm going to try to night wean him when we get back from our visit to pa next week. i've been nursing every hour or two through the night for 4 years now. i need a little break before it begins again!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#34 of 53 Old 06-13-2007, 01:56 PM

DD is two years old today I feel kinda ick, though. I think it's a combination of a few things. First of all, I'm nauseous again today. Blech But, besides that, I'm also feeling icky because I fell asleep last night, and DH didn't wake me up, so I didn't make her birthday cake. I work full time, and my mom watches her during the day, so my mom's making her birthday cake with her. It's just not fair, you know? Petulant enough for you? :

I wish I could stay home with my kids. I envy those of you who can.

Anyway, I feel like I'm always here complaining about something , so let's change that tactic up a bit. I've got my first mw appt. tomorrow evening and I'm soooo happy. I love my midwives and I can't wait to see them again. I'm also excited to (hopefully) hear this baby's heartbeat. DH and DD are both coming with me to the appt. My mw haven't seen DD since she was three days old.

Tonight, we're having our families over for Joey's bday, and DH is supposed to be grilling (looks like rain though). And we'll have a beautiful cake and a clean house, thanks to my mom And, what's really important; all the people that love Joey so much and all the people that she loves back, will be there, to share her special day with her, just like they were two years ago.

So, I'm going to stop being blech now. I guess I just needed to type that all out. : You guys are great listeners. :

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#35 of 53 Old 06-13-2007, 02:34 PM

Well, Happy Birthday Josephine! I haven't been online the last few days b/c so much has been going on! We made our biggest "get ready for baby" purchase Monday... a new suburban!!! There was no way I could fit 3 carseats in the back of my extended cab truck! I drive an old suburban aroudn town and love it, but it has 192,000 miles on it, so I needed something a little more reliable w/ less miles. We got an 07 brand new Suburban! I'm so excited!

Yesterday was my first OB appt. It was just the paperwork and bloodwork. They had to stick me twice! I hate my little viens! They often have to stick me more than once to get an IV or blood test. I am with those who said they preferred childbirth to the whole IV/needles thing! I just lay on th elittle bed and focused on breathing while the nurse did her thing. Then I had to lay there a few more minutes to make sure I wouldn't pass out! All in all it was an okay appt, nothing exciting. I have my first "real" appt. July11th, and we'll get to hear the HB then That and the other errands I had to do pretty much took up all of yesterday. TOday and tomorrow I need to help put my house back into order, ti's a MESS! Laundry is in baskets everywhere, and there is a ton of it that still needs done. My DH doesn't do housework. Period. If I beg him enough he may help me do a few small chores, but for hte most part the house is my job. We are leaving Friday morning to go on what is supposed to be our first little night out w/o kids! We have never went out of town w/o our kids, and there is a Parade of homes where you can go and tour some new homes to get ideas for the house we are building next year, and we planned to leave the kids overnight at my moms. Now those plans are up in the air b/c my grandma is in the hospital, so who knows what will happen! If no one can watch them, we plan to just take them with us, but I was really hoping for a few days w/ DH and no kids. I am thinking they will have to either put a stint in or do some balllon surgery on my grandma b/c of her chest pains. She has a really bad heart, has had 2 openheart surgeries, and the Drs pretty much say it's not worth it to do another big operation, but they can do the stint or a balloon fairly easily. If they do that, Iknow my mom will want to stay at the hospital for a few days w/ grandma. That's okay, but I hate that I have looked forward so much to this weekend and now my plans are in a lurch. I guess that is the lesson we are being taught this year. We have had so many things planned, and then we have crazy things pop up. DH was hospitalized in Feb., DD in April, now I"m suprisingly PG. Maybe we should just stop trying to plan so much? Hard to do since we ar both big planners.

Oh, well I am starting to feel a tiny bit better, but still sick for the most part. I am really hoping this part is over in a few more weeks!
#36 of 53 Old 06-13-2007, 05:13 PM

Hi all!

I figured I'd do my formal introduction in this thread...

I have a six month old son (can anyone guess his name? ) and am unexpectedly (but very happily) about 7 weeks pregnant. So said the u/s, anyway -- my last period was at least 10 weeks ago, but it was also the only one since giving birth.

I am currently studying for the bar exam, and plan to start working at a law firm in September. I was originally scheduled to clerk for a judge, but I was going to be his only clerk, so when I found out I was pregnant I told him I was willing to resign and he did ask me to do so.

My husband is also one who needs very precise directions (as in not "I'm thirsty, dear" but rather, "Hey, could you get me a drink of water") but he is really wonderful about doing his best, especially when it comes to pregnancy. When I got pregnant the first time, I made him read through What to Expect and when he was done he asked me, "So, is there any part of your body that being pregnant doesn't mess up?" And he keeps saying he'd much rather do most of the housework than carry the baby! Whereas I love being pregnant, so I'm quite happy with the division of labor too....

FreeThinker -- I hope your grandmother is okay and that your plans work out.
#37 of 53 Old 06-13-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
Well, Happy Birthday Josephine! I haven't been online the last few days b/c so much has been going on! We made our biggest "get ready for baby" purchase Monday... a new suburban!!! There was no way I could fit 3 carseats in the back of my extended cab truck! I drive an old suburban aroudn town and love it, but it has 192,000 miles on it, so I needed something a little more reliable w/ less miles. We got an 07 brand new Suburban! I'm so excited!
Wow! That's quite the purchase. Congrats. We can't fit 3 carseats into the back of our Toyota Camry Wagon either, plus that car also has 190k miles on it... so we're planning on buying a Toyota Sienna sometime before the baby comes... probably a Christmas present to us. My parents bought a Suburban when I was 16 and I loved driving it... but there's no way we could fork out the gas money for something that big, and I personally prefer the sliding doors to help get kids in and out of the car.

Emily
#38 of 53 Old 06-13-2007, 06:54 PM

We haven't had a car at all for the past couple of years and when I got pregnant I told my husband that it was time to put aside some of his idealism and get me a car because there was no freaking way I was going to take MARTA (Atlanta's awful public transportation system) to my midwife appointments. So we got an older Volvo wagon. Feels like a tank but seems to get excellent gas millage. I like it.
#39 of 53 Old 06-14-2007, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Well, ds slept through the night last night (woohoo!), but the bad news is....I'm even more tired today than usual. I'm not holding my breath that it'll happen 2 days in a row...I think last night was an anomaly. But one can always hope.

We're going to have to find another vehicle this summer, too - we have a station wagon, and there's no way we'd fit 3 car seats in there. Minivan (used), here we come.

<yawn> - I will probably be heading for an early sleep. G'night.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#40 of 53 Old 06-14-2007, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
Well, ds slept through the night last night (woohoo!), but the bad news is....I'm even more tired today than usual. I'm not holding my breath that it'll happen 2 days in a row...I think last night was an anomaly. But one can always hope.

We're going to have to find another vehicle this summer, too - we have a station wagon, and there's no way we'd fit 3 car seats in there. Minivan (used), here we come.

<yawn> - I will probably be heading for an early sleep. G'night.
I have had the same thing here! DS has been sleeping great but on the nights he sleeps the best I am exhausted!!!

~~Mama to DS1 6/05 and DS2 12/07~~
#41 of 53 Old 06-14-2007, 09:26 AM

I am trying to get ds to sleep thru the night...these night feedings are killin me --- plus around 3 am he gets crazy -- its like he will breastfeed, roll over and snore for 5 minutes and look for the breast again and this goes on until 7am....I am so sick of it but I don't want to force him to night wean so I was thinking of trying to encourage him to sleep the night -- these are my ideas:

#1: keeping him awake starting from 6 pm ( i mean not allowing him to nap after 6)
#2: giving him a warm bath before bedtime followed by a massage.
#3: making sure that he eats really well before bedtime and breastfeeds.

thats all i can think of for now....

well the heartburn has gone away but i had one really bad day of nausea -- I drank ginger tea twice and it seemed to make it go away for awhile...other than that I was napping really well but this week I can't seem to nap at all...by 9pm I am soooo tired I practically fall asleep while standing...sometimes I haven't put the kids in bed yet and I fall asleep but my eldest helps me out -- she knows what I am going thru and makes sure to put them in bed.

I am 9 weeks and 3 days....oh the first trimester is just tooo long.

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

#42 of 53 Old 06-14-2007, 11:17 AM

My partner and I just got back from a 26-hour round-trip road trip to visit my family and give them the news. They were overjoyed, of course, but I really can't recommend that much driving when you're already prone to motion sickness and you've got morning sickness to boot! Last week the m/s was awful, but changing up the time I take my vitamins, nibbling on saltines in the morning, and making sure I don't go to bed hungry have all helped and I'm now back among the living. Whew!

We go in tomorrow to hear the little shrimp's heartbeat. How exciting!

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#43 of 53 Old 06-14-2007, 11:43 AM

My first appt is tonight, I'm excited! Not so excited about the blood draw, but DD will be there, so I'll wear my brave face.

#44 of 53 Old 06-14-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehliouise View Post
I had some dark brown spotting last night and a very little this morning. It hasn't really been that much at all. I have been wearing a pad since I noticed it, but I'm not really spotting enough to really notice it on the pad, only when I wipe. I'm hoping this is normal. When I first saw it I immediately thought well this is the end of this pregnancy too, but then it has slowed rather than increased, so I don't know. This is super frustrating since I still don't actually have a midwife or anything to go see and check it out because of all the insurance crap.
I'm in the exact same situation you are.. with the same fears. I haven't seen my doctor yet (i FINALLY go next week!!) so it's very frustrating and scary not knowing what's happening in my body. I'm so worried of being excited and then being let down. I first learned i was pg when i went to an urgent care center after days of being sick to my stomach. They told me the pg test was positive and buh-bye, good luck. I just feel in the dark until i get to see my doctor. I'm about 8/9 wks along.
#45 of 53 Old 06-14-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennah_Gole View Post
#1: keeping him awake starting from 6 pm ( i mean not allowing him to nap after 6)
#2: giving him a warm bath before bedtime followed by a massage.
#3: making sure that he eats really well before bedtime and breastfeeds.
I'm also trying to get DD#2 to sleep through the night. We'll also be moving her out of our bed before the baby comes. I've already discovered that she sleeps much better in her own space. When she can sprawl out with just a light blanket over her, she'll sleep for hours, and only wake when she's really hungry. When she's curled up next to me, she'll wake every 30-60 minutes looking for the breast.

We're moving in a week, so I'm not planning to change our sleeping arrangements until we're all settled. Then I'll be using my mother's crib for a side-car arrangment. I'm hoping that will give DD#2 enough of her own space that she'll start sleeping most of the night. Then we'll transition her to the floor on her own crib matress, but next to DD#1's crib matress. They'll be close enough that they should be able to feel each other's presence and stay asleep, but far enough that they won't kick each other awake.

We'll see how it all works out.

Emily
#46 of 53 Old 06-14-2007, 04:17 PM

we'll be doing some rearranging of beds here soon, too. Both my 5yo and 2yo are still in our room (in a full together) but they have both been asking for bunk beds. So I told them the deal was they had to sleep in their own room if we got bunk beds. We are also most likely moving at the end of the summer so we will probably wait until then.

We have an old Mercury Cougar that is freakin' boat so we should be able to fit 3 carseats no problem. We are talking about buying our first house soon, though. Which is pretty scary and very exciting. Right now we're in a 2 bed 1 bath apartment and it is just way too small.

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#47 of 53 Old 06-14-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogleymom View Post
HA!! I can't even imagine requesting that someone stick a giant needle in my back... the thought of that needle is worse than childbirth... I'm actually really excited to give birth again!!

Emiliy
Me too! My body is supposed to birth babies, not have needles stuck in it!
#48 of 53 Old 06-15-2007, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

I spoke too soon - ds was up 3 times last night. To give him a little credit, he does have some molars and eyeteeth coming in. I guess they decided to give him Tuesday night off.

The m/s is getting less in the mornings, though. I'm 11 weeks today - the first trimester ends for me next week! Woohoo!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#49 of 53 Old 06-15-2007, 09:20 AM

Morning, all!

We had our first mw appt last night, and apart from us being horrifically late (which worked out great, because they were accidentally double booked) it went really really well. We did get to hear the baby's heart beat for about two seconds. Joey ran to the door when my mom got to my house this morning, shreiking "HEARTBEAT! BABY HEARTBEAT! BOOMBOOMBOOM!" :

I also got to meet their new student. I'm not sure how I feel about her quite yet. The student that they had when I was last pregnant was great. We had a great rapport, and I've always felt so lucky to have been pregnant while she was working their. She's finishing up her rotation with them now, but just doing GYN at this point. So, I likely won't see her. In any case, the new student just seems a little unsure of herself. If she's unsure of herself because of inexperience, I don't mind her getting some experience on me (the students are closely supervised by the MWs). But if it's just because she's the type of person who is unsure of themselves, well, that will drive me nuts. It will leave me feeling like she's incompetent, you know? Whether she is or not, that will be the underlying feeling.

So, anyway, I guess I'll give her another appointment or two and see what my feelings are then, and if necessary, I'll simply ask that she not be my main care provider. I certainly don't mind her being there in a scholarly/assistant capacity, but the main care spot is what I'm questioning.

My next appointment is in four weeks, and we'll definitely be able to hear the heartbeat nice and strong at that point. I was so excited that we got to hear it last night, however brief it was.

#50 of 53 Old 06-16-2007, 04:19 PM

gawd. I feel soooooo horrible. I was lucky with DS--my morning sickness wasn't too bad. But this time around--with twins--oy. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I think the constant dizziness is really the worst. :

So, how is everyone else feeling?
#51 of 53 Old 06-16-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunebugsMom View Post
gawd. I feel soooooo horrible. I was lucky with DS--my morning sickness wasn't too bad. But this time around--with twins--oy. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I think the constant dizziness is really the worst. :

So, how is everyone else feeling?
Like dirt! I am so sick of being sick and tired and having to hide the fact from everyone
#52 of 53 Old 06-16-2007, 08:03 PM

We had our first ultrasound yesterday! It was a vaginal probe, so the image was really clear and looked surprisingly human for just 8 weeks. Saw the little heartbeat flashing (normal at 170 BPM).

I guess it's real now, huh!

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#53 of 53 Old 06-18-2007, 02:44 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page