Weekly Thread - June 11-17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Morning, all.

Well, I think I slept for MAYBE 5 hours last night. My ds was up every 1.5 hours between 11 and 3, and then up at 6. I am sooooooo tired. But, on the positive front, I haven't had m/s in the last couple of days...maybe it's all finished! (Wishful thinking, I'm sure...)

Off to shower and have breakfast.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#2 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 12:30 PM

Hi everyone.

The air conditioning is broken in my office. I think I'm going to die. It's getting HOT. My dizzy spells have been getting better, till I got here today; which is now making me think they're heat induced, and not all blood pressure. I'm wondering how I can get out of here early today.

Wednesday is dd's 2nd birthday I can't believe she's two already. I let her pick out a cake mix in the supermarket yesterday. I know, I should be baking her an organic sugar free cake from scratch, but, dude, I just can't do it this year. : So, instead, she's getting a pillsbury strawberry cake, with chocolate pudding and strawberries in the filling, and pink vanilla icing with sprinkles. The very thought of it is turning my stomach

The nausea I had been having really let up last week and I've been doing okay since then. If I don't eat, I get yucky feeling, but as long as I stay fed and hydrated, I'm okay. Food aversions are all but gone, too, so I'm not having too much of a problem eating when I'm hungry. Which is All.The.Time.

My first mw appt is Thursday and I'm really looking forward to that. DH and DD are coming with, so I really hope we can hear the heartbeat.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#3 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 12:43 PM

My first appt is Thursday. I'm looking forward to that.
Unfortunately, the exhaustion has gotten the best of me the past couple days. I've puked 3 times in two days even with the anti-nausea tea, homeopathic, and prescriptive drugs combined. (this is actually better than it was with ds 2)
I've actually broken down and asked friends for help with the kids. I hope someone offers to come and hang out with them or take them for an hour or two.
We are actually going to fly up to the midwest and stay with my folks till this all passes. My DH just can't take care of us and keep working. I've been so sick that the minute he is home, I go to bed. He's been doing dinner, bath, bed for the kids and housekeeping and all shopping too!
I am so grateful for him right now. I know the weeks apart will be hard, but it will be better for all of us. The kids will get some good grandparent time and I will get some rest.
I can't wait till I'm 14wks!

Chris
#4 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 01:09 PM

I have my first appt in 2 hours today, yesterday was complete hell, I had a migrane like none other, then puking 2 times, couldn't sleep, couldn't do anything. The last time I puked my migrane went away, then this morning after I was able to keep (so far) down a bowl of Life Cereal, my back started hurting like my kidney area. Man on man is this pregnancy hard on me. Hopefully my appt today will give me a little insight to it all.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#5 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 01:36 PM

My latest symptom is awful headaches! I never had these with my son, they're terrible! My morning sickness seems to be subsiding somewhat, it's not every day so let's hope it's on it's way out!

I had a tarot card reading on Saturday (my friend hired a reader for her birthday party), and she told me that I'm having a boy! So I guess I've got a couple more months until my 18 week ultrasound to see if she was right.

SAM, momma to 3 beautiful babies: Tristan (5), Gabriel (4) , & Brighton (2)

#6 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 02:04 PM

I'm still wrapped up in guilt about how I'm doing NOTHING around our house. I just have zilch motivation. And re: morning sickness I think I've just gotten so used to it I don't even think about it anymore. I still am able to eat and keep things down as long as I don't wolf it down you know? I can't believe I'm 7 weeks today !

Melanie, vegan mommy to twin girls born Dec. 2007, and another little girl born Sept. 25th, 2009!
#7 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 02:12 PM

Well, I am still feeling like crap. Had to run to the ladies rooms at work a couple of hours ago and gag for a while, then hide at my desk so no one wonders why my eyes are all bloodshot. Anyone else find the more tired they are the worse the all day sickness is?
#8 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 02:13 PM

blech, I feel horrible today. Really dizzy and nauseous. : My allergies are really bothering me lately. : I'm trying not to take anything for them but now my sinuses are starting to pound so I'm not sure what to do.

Anyone else have a partner who can be less than sympathetic sometimes? Dude, being pregnant with twins and taking care of a super-active 2 year old can be really really hard!! :
#9 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 03:47 PM

Quoted from SharonAnne, "I know, I should be baking her an organic sugar free cake from scratch, but, dude, I just can't do it this year."

Hahahahahaha! That was so hilarious. Thanks for the fall-off-my-chair-laugh!

So sorry to you ladies in the throws of morning sickness and with the awful headaches.

Chris, Thank God you have the family to lean on. I was incapacitated for 1 month total (with a few breaks inbetween) and the house went to hell. I don't have kids and often wondered how someone feeling like that can even take care of their children. I guess it's near impossible, eh? Well, at least relief is on the way for you.

For me:

Well, after letting the house go to hell for a month (and I mean completely let go to hell), me and DH (God bless him, he was SO HELPFUL) cleaned house for a good four hours on Sunday. There is still about another two hours left of work to be done (for the really intense cleaning and organizing), but I'll get to that next weekend. It just felt so good to have a spotless house after living in filth. I'm usually a very good housekeeper, but that damn MS left me unable to do anything most days. We also lounged a good part of the weekend and that was really nice.

Today, I feel great. I've even been going to the gym lately, and plan to do at least 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Have a great week, ladies!
#10 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 04:23 PM

I had some dark brown spotting last night and a very little this morning. It hasn't really been that much at all. I have been wearing a pad since I noticed it, but I'm not really spotting enough to really notice it on the pad, only when I wipe. I'm hoping this is normal. When I first saw it I immediately thought well this is the end of this pregnancy too, but then it has slowed rather than increased, so I don't know. This is super frustrating since I still don't actually have a midwife or anything to go see and check it out because of all the insurance crap.
#11 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 04:25 PM

I look forward to a time when the weekly thread isn't full of "I'm SO sick... are YOU so sick??" Because... that means I'm still sick -- and I don't want to be sick anymore. :

So, I had only told family (and online friends) we are pregnant up until yesterday. I had a couple of people ask me about it (I don't know HOW they know, I don't LOOK pregnant). So I figured I would save gossip the trouble and just told them. I made a little announcement in the women's group at church -- thinking it wasn't THAT many people, and I wouldn't have to deal with THAT much attention. I have really not wanted to be in the limelight with this. Especially this time around, pregnancy is a really private thing, and I wanted to just keep it low key.
So, when I found out that one of the ladies had spammed all the women that go to my church telling my "news" I was surprisingly annoyed. I mean, I guess I am the one who made my little (and I stress little) announcement, I should have been prepared for EVERYONE to know and to get countless comments, right? So... why am I so annoyed? I guess I just want people IRL to leave me the heck alone. (wow... that MUST be pregnancy hormones!)
#12 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollysMom View Post
Well, I am still feeling like crap. Had to run to the ladies rooms at work a couple of hours ago and gag for a while, then hide at my desk so no one wonders why my eyes are all bloodshot. Anyone else find the more tired they are the worse the all day sickness is?
Yes. I had started to feel a little better, but last night I didn't get much sleep at all just a few hours and I can't quit gagging today. I'm holding myself together though because I'm staying with family and they don't know I'm pregnant. I don't know if it helps me keep my mind off being sick, since I'm pretending not to be, or if it makes it six times worse.
#13 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PheobNFam View Post
I was surprisingly annoyed. I mean, I guess I am the one who made my little (and I stress little) announcement, I should have been prepared for EVERYONE to know and to get countless comments, right? So... why am I so annoyed? I guess I just want people IRL to leave me the heck alone. (wow... that MUST be pregnancy hormones!)
I kind of know what you mean about not wanting to be in the spotlight. I'm not sure that it is for the same reasons though. That is why we haven't told anyone about this pregnancy yet. I don't like being in the spotlight because even though I know that pregnancy is beautiful and wonderful I grew up in a family that sort of looked at it as something dirty even if you were happily married and stuff. Even the word pregnant is hard for me to say, because somehow it seems embarrassing. I didn't loose this embarrassing feeling with my first pregnancy either because I wasn't married at the time and everyone was sort of critical about me being knocked up. Now I feel like even when though I'm happily married now, my family will still be disappointed in me for getting pregnant again. Especially since my husband has only temporary employment, I'm back in school getting a master's, and we live in a house that my parents own. I just have too many issues with pregnancy to want to be in the spotlight, even though I would actually like to be in the spotlight. I don't know if that makes sense.
#14 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehliouise View Post
I had some dark brown spotting last night and a very little this morning. It hasn't really been that much at all. I have been wearing a pad since I noticed it, but I'm not really spotting enough to really notice it on the pad, only when I wipe. I'm hoping this is normal. When I first saw it I immediately thought well this is the end of this pregnancy too, but then it has slowed rather than increased, so I don't know. This is super frustrating since I still don't actually have a midwife or anything to go see and check it out because of all the insurance crap.
Try not to worry that's very common
#15 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 07:19 PM

to everyone feeling crappy.

I had my first appt today. Fairly uneventful except for my veins being the utter bastards that they usually are and hiding from each and every attempt that the first nurse made at getting to them. They finally had to go and get the Big Guns, the Uber Nurse who knew how to get the job done. I hate my veins and they hate me. How is it that I could have two natural childbirths but having a needle stuck in my arm turns me into a whining child?

We have an appt to get an u/s next Thursday. I'm looking forward to it.
#16 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 07:34 PM

to those moms who aren't feeling like their usual chipper selves!

I'm feeling okay except for the fatigue. Really looking forward to having my energy back in the second trimester!
I'm living in fear that my realtor will call at any minute to set up a showing. We had one last week and the craziness that ensued just to get this place 'perfect' looking was exhausting! I've been trying to keep up with it, but with a 2 and 5 yr old in addition to this fatigue, it hasn't been easy.
My dd (31 months) hasn't nursed in two days, so I'm curious to see if she's just taking a break or if she's really winding down here (sniffle, sniffle). I fully expected to be tandem nursing this winter. I guess we'll see!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#17 of 53 Old 06-11-2007, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavaleh View Post
How is it that I could have two natural childbirths but having a needle stuck in my arm turns me into a whining child?
HA!! This is exactly why I go for the natural childbirth. My veins also hate me and always have, so I've developed a mental anxiety attack every time someone comes close to me with a needle. I can't even imagine requesting that someone stick a giant needle in my back... the thought of that needle is worse than childbirth... I'm actually really excited to give birth again!!

Emiliy
#18 of 53 Old 06-12-2007, 01:09 AM

Ok this is weird. Besides the sore boobs, the most uncomfortable thing about my body is my bulging midsection. I'm 9 weeks with my FIRST and I feel very...rounded in front. DH swears it's not that bad, but that's what men are supposed to say to their wives, right? It feels uncomfortable to hold it in and....I'm not sure why, so I just can't explain it.

I've found that I have a reasonable amount of energy if I get 11 hours of sleep per night. That's the magic number for me. I really don't know how you mommies of little ones do it!!! I actually have the luxury of GETTING that much sleep occasionally.

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#19 of 53 Old 06-12-2007, 09:52 AM

'Morning :yawn: I, too, find that I'm much worse off during the day if I didn't get enough sleep at night. Which is why I"m going to bed at 8pm these days. I've asked DH twice already to get up with DD when she nightwakes, and he hasn't done it yet.

This morning, I was whining to my mother about it, and she said to me, "Oh, I don't know, Sha..is he around dangerous things all day?" : DH is an electrician; we own our own business. We are BOTH in the office all day. He VERY RARELY runs a truck, and when he does, it's just for an overflow service call or something. I said to her, "Don't you DARE take his side!" and she claims she wasn't taking sides. Let me tell you, my husband could smack me in the teeth right in front of my mother and she'd go, "Sharon-anne! What did you do to him?" :

She values men way more than women.

Anyway, I am going to tell DH today that if he doesn't want to get up with DD overnight, that's fine, but I have to cut my work hours. I really cannot physically work 8 hours, then go home, play with DD while making dinner and cleaning up, then get her a bath, brush teeth and get her down to bed. I fall asleep with her and then end up waking up around 11pm and crawling into my bed, only to be awoken a couple hours later by the pitter patter of little feet hauling ass into my bedroom. Most nights, she only wakes up once, but then I end up falling asleep with her in her bed, and not getting very restful sleep at all. I wake up with aches and pains, because I haven't been able to MOVE overnight. It just really sucks.

Last night she woke up and I went in and got her back down. Then I woke up an hour later and went back to bed, and she was up fifteen minutes after that.

The kicker is that if DH puts her to sleep, she sleeps ALL NIGHT LONG.

:yawn:

I need sleep, seriously. And if I can't get it at night, Ihave to get it during the day.

In happy news, the hvac dude is coming to fix the office a/c today woohoo!

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#20 of 53 Old 06-12-2007, 10:13 AM

Sharon
I hope you get to take a nap today!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#21 of 53 Old 06-12-2007, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Last night she woke up and I went in and got her back down. Then I woke up an hour later and went back to bed, and she was up fifteen minutes after that.

The kicker is that if DH puts her to sleep, she sleeps ALL NIGHT LONG.
Oh, I hear you. I was up 4 times last night with ds (14 months) and 4 times the night before. Dh has tried once or twice to put him back in the middle of the night, but ds usually protests loudly. So I envy you a baby who sleeps all night, even if your dh doesn't put her to bed very often. It doesn't make a difference for us.

Ug. I think the fatigue is making the m/s worse - I was OK yesterday morning, but this morning I feel like a truck hit me. I just want to go back to bed...

Hope you're all feeling better than me.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#22 of 53 Old 06-12-2007, 02:50 PM

I'm so glad, well, I guess glad isn't the best sentiment, that you all are going through the same crap-a-boli that I am experiencing. At least I'm not alone. I have a friend who never had MS or extreme fatigue in either of her pregnancies. It doesn't help that we have been pregnant at the same time. While I think of pregnancy hormones as the little buggers that devour my soul, she calls them "happy hormones."

I need some help with DD as well. She is 16 months and has never even come close to sleeping through the night. It didn't really bother me before, so I did all of the night wakings/nursings (5-9 per night). Now, I am so tired and so cranky that I just CANT do it anymore. She is a late teether, so that isn't helping, but like the pp, DH isn't much of a help either. I feel guilty that I need him to help since he has to get up early for work, but I end up getting far less sleep than he does even though my "wake up time" is 3 hours later than his. A breakdown is on the horizon.

I am anxious to tell our families the news. This weekend we are going to have DD wear her t-shirt with a special message. I can't wait, because that means that Nana and Papa will take her while I nap. They're understanding like that when I am pregnant. It is my light at the end of the tunnel! Yay for grandparents who live close by and are retired!

If anybody has any MS remedies (even placebos) I am game to hear them!

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

#23 of 53 Old 06-12-2007, 04:30 PM

I'm here . . . I think I've reached my frustration point with being sick. (WHAAAAA) It's just so hard to get up in the morning, knowing that within an hour I'll feel like crap. And I have ten 13 year olds to deal with, so it's not like I can go to bed all day. I am thrilled to be preggo but I can't wait for this first trimester to be OVER with! (and hopefully this nastiness with it) Plus it's been raining and raining- we need the rain here, but listening to 10 little boys play with legos for hours is enough to make a sane person mad! Yikes!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#24 of 53 Old 06-12-2007, 05:13 PM

Hi everyone!

So sorry to everyone who is feeling awful. I've been lucky the past few days, the ms and fatigue haven't been too bad. Of course the last time I said that I woke up in the morning with a horrible headache and puked before breakfast. Soooo, i won't say I'm out of the woods yet! I do think sleep helps me a lot.

I feel for those of you not getting enough sleep b/c of little ones. My ds2 was a horrible, horrendous sleeper up until just a few months ago. It was so, so hard. I can't imagine dealing with that and pregnancy. I finally got to the end of my rope and told Dh he *had* to get up with him or I was going to lose my ever-lovin' mind! Seriously. Lose it. Thankfully, he agreed and after a little while Bash started sleeping better, and then a little better, and now he sleeps mostly all night. So, there is hope! My best advice is get some help, nap when you can and go to bed early if possible.

Quote:
Anyone else have a partner who can be less than sympathetic sometimes?
Yeah my dh can be a bit, um, dense when it comes to helping me out. I've found that I can't hope he figures it out or passively mention that I need him to do something. I have to pretty much say "Dh I need you do to do the dishes" or "i'm feeling really tired, please stick the kids in the bath" And even then... anyway, its annoying for sure. Just the other day I was thinking that I wish men could somehow experience pregnancy, just for a little while. Only then will they get it.

Well, we told my parents this weekend. They were really surprised for some reason! I think they had thought we weren't having anymore. I don't know why they would have thought that. Now we have to get around to telling the rest of the family.

I also had my first mw appt. and we got to hear the heartbeat! Yay! She also guess that I'm around 10 weeks or so (I can't remember my LMP ) and gave me a due date of Jan.4 We also decided to do an ultrasound at 18 weeks to confirm the EDD and b/c I'm worried about a fever I had right before I found out I was pregnant

Well, hang in there everyone! The second trimester is just around the corner!

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#25 of 53 Old 06-12-2007, 07:34 PM

I saw my perinatologist again today and he says things are looking up : the u/s showed that the beans are growing and the bloodclot is getting smaller

he printed out a few pics just so I can prove to DH that there really are *two* in there : and because I am a cheeseball I scanned one in and added text :

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1027/...a6082f56_o.jpg
#26 of 53 Old 06-12-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2babybeans View Post
Sharon
I hope you get to take a nap today!
:
#27 of 53 Old 06-13-2007, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbyard View Post
While I think of pregnancy hormones as the little buggers that devour my soul
Ok, this made me chuckle.

#28 of 53 Old 06-13-2007, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybean View Post
Just the other day I was thinking that I wish men could somehow experience pregnancy, just for a little while. Only then will they get it.
Yeah I'm with you. I just imagine that my husband couldn't handle it. Most of the men I know would just lay there and cry. Men aren't near as tuff as they want to think.

Junebugsmom-It is cool to see the picture. I bet it is really sureal to be having twins.
#29 of 53 Old 06-13-2007, 10:15 AM

I have never seen a twins ultrasound! Cool and Congrats again!!!

My dh falls in the less than sympathetic catagory. I have tried to make him understand that it feels like a hangover but he just doesn't get it. Probably because he has never had a hangover that lasted 4 months
#30 of 53 Old 06-13-2007, 10:16 AM

junebug- awww, thanks for sharing your u/s pic! That is so cool

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page