Flutters - is it possible this early? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 06-11-2007, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't think I'm crazy, cause I know what gas/bloating feels like. But I really think I've been feeling those familiar soft movements, once in a while, if I'm relaxed and still. I'm at 10 weeks. Just wondering if anyone else is feeling flutters? Or if any 2nd time moms remember when they first started feeling flutters?

Wifey to the dearest DH & Mommy to 2 wonderful kids with one more on the way...due July 5!

#2 of 14 Old 06-11-2007, 06:57 PM

I'm feeling flutters too but I'm not convinced they're the baby moving. I am 9 weeks and I think it's just way too early. I felt my first baby at 14 weeks and was laughed to scorn because many folks said that was way to early. I think feeling movement at 9 weeks is a bit ridiculous--except for the fact that I already look 16-18 weeks. Who knows? It could be.

Stay-at-home mom to 2 beautiful.busy.boisterous boys b. 08.17.05 & 12.29.08
Nirvana is . . . the living happiness of a soul which is conscious of itself and conscious of having found its own abode in the heart of the Eternal. --Gandhi
#3 of 14 Old 06-11-2007, 07:24 PM

With my first I felt it at 16 weeks. With my second I felt it at 12 weeks.
The second time around, I knew what it was the second I felt it- there is no doubting that feeling once you've felt it before

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#4 of 14 Old 06-11-2007, 08:02 PM

I found one source which says that the earliest movements happen 7.5 weeks after fertilization (generally 9.5 weeks gestational age). Your embryo is only 2.5 cm long (about 1 inch) at 10 weeks gestational age, so these reflexive movements are tiny tiny tiny.

I can't wait... but it's my first so I know it's going to be a long time before I know for sure what I'm feeling.

full time student, crunchy wife to my woodsy man, and mom to 2 homebirthed, cloth diapered, tandem breastfed kiddos. 
#5 of 14 Old 06-11-2007, 08:04 PM

HI yes that is what I am feeling and I thought I was crazy..glad to know others are feeling things as well... Maybe I just really wanna feel the baby move...But it was a neat feeling,,

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#6 of 14 Old 06-11-2007, 10:46 PM

I've been feeling this since week six. My brain knows that it is way too early, there is no possible way that I am feeling the baby as it's heart only started beating week six. But still, it feels EXACTLY like the early flutterings. I was 14 weeks when I felt it with my oldest (and my mw didn't even believe me! ) I don't recall how far I was with my youngest, I had a baby (my oldest) learning to crawl so I didn't have much time to sit and think about exact dates and such.

I keep telling myself that this can not be movement but I don't understand how it could feel exactly like it. If it isn't, I'd like to know what it is. I don't feel it regularly, probably about 5ish times so far. I'm 8 weeks now.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#7 of 14 Old 06-11-2007, 11:17 PM

This is my 4th pregnancy. 1st one I was about 18-20 wks. Madison I was about 16 and Aidan I was about 14.. I don't expect to feel this one until 14 or so as well. I think it is more of all of our body parts moving and making room for the growing uterus and fetus/embryo. I say this because even after I had Aidan I would still feel *phantom* movements and I KNOW I was not pregnant at the time. I thought I was crazy until I mentioned it at my yearly checkup and she said yes woman that have had previous pregnancies can feel phantom movements months and even years after having kids.. and I know it was not gas
#8 of 14 Old 06-11-2007, 11:51 PM

Nothing here yet... but I was 14 weeks last pregnancy so hopefully I won't have to wait beyond that this time

I feel bubbles of sorts, but with a one inch baby, I know it's impossible to feel at this point. They still have a ton of room in their sac to move.
#9 of 14 Old 06-11-2007, 11:59 PM

I felt my first at 16 weeks and my second at 14 weeks... I'm not sure you'd feel "real" movement until at least 12 weeks... sounds like "phantom" movements are more likely... and I've definitely had those too. I've also felt a few (like 5-6 total) flutters so far this pregnancy, but since I *know* I couldn't possibly be farther along than I am (numerous negative blood and urine tests), I'm assuming those are just "phantom" movements, and I'll feel the real thing in another few weeks (I'm 11 weeks tomorrow!!).

Emily
#10 of 14 Old 06-12-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobit View Post
I found one source which says that the earliest movements happen 7.5 weeks after fertilization (generally 9.5 weeks gestational age). Your embryo is only 2.5 cm long (about 1 inch) at 10 weeks gestational age, so these reflexive movements are tiny tiny tiny.

lol...I can attest to that one! I had an u/s at not quite 9 1/2 weeks and saw our little bean just a wiggling away. I didn't feel it, though...which I certainly didn't expect.

I didn't feel ds until somewhere around or after 20 weeks. I'm not anticipating anything earlier than that this time around.
#11 of 14 Old 06-12-2007, 06:44 PM

Last pregnancy I swore I was feeling movement at about 9 weeks. It was that same little fluttery feeling I had with DD and it was consistently in the same spot. No way that could be gas. Boy was I wrong-the baby had stopped developing at 8w5d so it definetly wasn't the baby.

I think I'll just try to ignore any flutters until at least 14 weeks. I first felt dd at 14 weeks so I'd assume it should be about the same this time.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#12 of 14 Old 06-13-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishWSU View Post
Last pregnancy I swore I was feeling movement at about 9 weeks. It was that same little fluttery feeling I had with DD and it was consistently in the same spot. No way that could be gas. Boy was I wrong-the baby had stopped developing at 8w5d so it definetly wasn't the baby.

I think I'll just try to ignore any flutters until at least 14 weeks. I first felt dd at 14 weeks so I'd assume it should be about the same this time.
That line of thinking scares me because when I brought it up to my husband he said I'd said the exact same thing with our m/c pregnancy. I'm hoping these are just phantom movements.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#13 of 14 Old 06-14-2007, 01:48 AM

Here's a question! I'm 11 weeks today, and since last Friday (about 10w3d), I've been feeling an occasional fluttering/rushing/twitching feeling around and behind my pubic bone. Sometimes, it feels a bit like when you can feel blood rushing through your veins. Is it possible that this is a result of all the extra blood flow to the "region," so to speak? Anyone ever have anything similar?

-Audrey
#14 of 14 Old 06-14-2007, 01:54 AM

I could have sworn that I'd felt flutters around then, but the NP just chuckled when I said that, so who knows...I can't remember when I felt them with my boys.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page