Weekly Thread - June 18 - June 24 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 52 Old 06-20-2007, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yeah I get that, too. I actually get shakey and sick if I wait too long before eating. I seem to have solved the problem by eating *constantly*! Its sad, really.

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#32 of 52 Old 06-20-2007, 02:47 PM

I'm sorry a lot of you aren't feeling well

I almost feel like I shouldn't post here. My only complaint is extreme fatigue that sets in almost every afternoon around 2pm. Usually I can get the kids to comply and take a nap with me, so fingers crossed that they continue to cooperate.
I hope you all start feeling better soon!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#33 of 52 Old 06-20-2007, 04:29 PM

No need to feel you shouldn't post. Good for you for not feeling as bad, fatigue surely is hard too though. Especially when you already have kids. I'm trying to get mine to take a nap now, no go. So we're "playing quietly" which includes me on the computer and them destroying their room But at least they are "quietly" peeling the paint off the ceiling J/k but I know the fatigue too and it's nothing light.

I'm feeling a bit better today. No more spotting, only one instance of cramping. I was feeling VERY thirsty but as I'd been up and down all morning making food, getting drinks, etc. I was crazy tired (our a/c is out so that doesn't help) and didn't want to get up *just* to get myself something to drink. Forgot about baby for a minute I suppose. After feeling like I was dying from the combined thirst/heat I started thinking of peeling myself up. I didn't want to because every time I stood the boys stopped drawing/playing/whatever and wanted me to toss them in the air or chase them around the room or something else tiring. So, I started cramping a bit and hopped my happy butt up and got some ice water. The cramping went down after awhile and now I'm realizing that I don't drink nearly enough water so I'm changing that. Forcing myself to get at least 10 glasses a day, I sweat nearly that!

Its shameful but I had a coke last night. I've cut caffeine out (except a smidge now and then in the form of chocolate. YUM.) but yesterday I read in TAO about pouring peanuts into Coke. I love Coke, have been craving it. With my others I never gave in to caffeine though I lusted after it so badly. I was in a HORRIBLE mood yesterday (no excuse I know) and so I got dh to pick some up for me. He remembered that I shouldn't have caffeine when he got home though and took half my Coke. He would've taken more if I hadn't poured the nuts in when he left the room He's trying to lose weight (and succeeding the lucky jerk!) so didn't buy himself one so he did the "right" lmao thing and he took mine. But it was so delicious! Now I'm gagging at the thought but at the time, I loved it. I ended up not even finishing what I had left after dh stole from me though b/c it started to make me sick (like everything). My only time I'll slip though

So, who is finding out and who isn't? If you are/aren't, did you find out with your previous kids? Why/why not? And why are/aren't you finding out this time?

I haven't decided. This will likely be our last and we haven't found out ever before. I'm kind of thinking I'd like to but I'm not sure. If we end up having to pay out of pocket, no. But if I can get insurance, then maybe. We didn't find out with the others because we figured we'd know their whole lives what sex they were This time around, I'm making cloth diapers from the start (started my boys when they were a toddler and an older baby) and I'd like to know if I'm making ones with dresses to match or not Of course, I'll likely keep a girl in a onesie/sleeper just as much as a boy (I LOVE sleepers) but it would be cute to make a few matching dresses/diapers. Not to say I'd prefer a girl, I'm actually very evenly split, but I know I won't have the energy to work/take care of a newborn/do the normal kid care/house care AND make cute little matching outfits.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#34 of 52 Old 06-20-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
So, who is finding out and who isn't? If you are/aren't, did you find out with your previous kids? Why/why not? And why are/aren't you finding out this time?
This is a fun question! Maybe we should make a new thread for it...

Please hold while I do so.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#35 of 52 Old 06-21-2007, 09:32 AM

So how is everyone feeling this morning?

I'm up at this psycho hour (kids wake up late, thankfully) because I was supposed to go to work today. I woke up tired and sick and not feeling as if I could pretend that I feel good. I'm really rethinking this whole "hide my pregnancy" thing. I mean, if they try to fire me, I could sue them or something. It is not a small workplace by any means and it is such that knows the law. So... I might not have the problems I did last time. I'm just going to have to suck it up and tell them because on days like this I can't just keep staying home. If they knew, I could go in and be sick and tired and no one would think twice

#36 of 52 Old 06-21-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttix2 View Post
So how is everyone feeling this morning?
i'm feeling good! ethan's gettign his 2 year molors in, and was a bear sleeping last night. i feel okay, though.

we're leaving for philly in a couple hours. since dh is deploying in a couple weeks, we going to see the fam. before we leave. my oldest turns FOUR!!! saturday, so we're taking her to sesame place. i used to love it there as a kid. i'm sure my two will love it. we even scheduled breakfast with cookie monster and freinds. it's the bathingsuit part i'm not particularly looking forward too, lol!!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#37 of 52 Old 06-21-2007, 09:44 AM

I'm going in for an u/s this morning and am so nervous. My kids are going to be with me and I'm just paranoid something is going to be terribly wrong. I know it's a ridiculous thing to be all in a tizzy about but oh well. I'll feel so much better after I see a healthy alive little kiddo swimming around in there.

My uterus is apparently tipped backwards so I can't even feel it right now. It's hard to believe sometimes (apart from the nausea and exhaustion) that I'm even pregnant.
#38 of 52 Old 06-21-2007, 12:10 PM

:

I feel okay lately...I have been doing a lot of crying. I have also been having cravings for smoothies and drinking a lot of milk. This morning my tummy was especially upset, and usually eating some toast helps, but I had to practically force myself to eat. It was that, "I know I am starving but my body is too exhausted to chew.

we've been dealing with a flea problem for the last month, so I am momma-scratch-a lot... blah.

Does anyone sometimes feel overwhelmed with wanting to leave their dp/dh?

I feel that way a lot lately. dp and I have only been together 8 months, and I feel so trapped sometimes. Especially if I want to SAH.

ugh...hormones.

I honestly feel pretty good physically, emotionally I feel like a wreck lately.

On the upside, we will hopefully hear baby's little HB on July 3rd. I will be 11 weeks that day.

Cortney Mama to Lyra 1-20-08 and future midwife through Birthingway College of Midwifery
#39 of 52 Old 06-21-2007, 12:36 PM

Ugh.....fleas. I don't tolerate insect bites well---I was out a little too late weeding the other night and the mosquitoes started to come out---I got one bite before I made it inside, and it is making me crazy! I grew up in a place with TONS of biting insects, but since moving to WA I've grown soft....there's just not that many things around here (it seems) that bite.

We heard baby's HB for the first time yesterday! After we came home, DS wanted an explaination of what the noise was, so we got into hearts and pumps and blood and stuff. Then he wants me to list every animal I can think of that has a heart.....man, that went on for a while. But it was fun seeing him get so excited that EVERYTHING has a heartbeat just like the baby's (and he had fun pretending to do a slow elephant heartbeat).

Hrm....the rain just started. It was a lovely day yesterday and we spent most of it at the park down the street, but I'll have to come up with a plan B for today, it seems. Kiddo wants to go hiking today, but I just don't think I'm up for that in the rain, with him.

We're planning a short backpacking trip this weekend east of the Cascades, though, where it should be drier. I really want to get some backpacking in before I don't feel like I can carry a big load anymore. These few trips will probably be our last for a while---I suspect the summer that Squidget #2 is 1.5 we could do some short things, but next summer DS just won't be old enough to reliably walk the whole way.

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#40 of 52 Old 06-21-2007, 12:43 PM

Ooh---I forgot to mention one thing!

Don't shoot me, but it has to start turning around for someone sometime, eh?

I'm 11 weeks now, and on Tuesday I just suddenly had energy! I cleaned out the slow drains in the bathrooms (you don't want to KNOW what those awful clogs looked like!), swept the deck, cleaned the fir pollen off of the deck, cleaned the bathroom sinks, made a nice dinner, etc. Yesterday I cleaned out a cabinet full of junk in the kitchen that was blocking a filing project that DH is dying to get to (long story, won't bore you), put a few of those things up on FreeCycle, cleaned off the kitchen counter (GASP!), and managed to actively play with DS for the rest of the day. I'm just feeling so much better, energy-wise! I've really been looking forward to this 2nd-trimester project-energy that I remember, and I'm finally there! Woo-hoo!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#41 of 52 Old 06-21-2007, 12:52 PM

I have had a couple good days now with the help of phenegran
Also, I think the B6 is helping too. I got the liquid kind since I've been unable to swallow pills. I have been able to eat good healthy breakfasts and lunches so if all I can keep down by dinner is chicken broth I'm okay with that.

We made it to St. Louis to my Mom and Dad's without incident. I was so proud of my kids. Two flights, a two hour layover with a 2yo and almost 4yo. Wow. My DH and my Mom insisted on being able to accompany us / meet us at the gates which made it soooo much easier. I didn't even know they could still do that. They each had to get 'security clearance' but it was worth it for me. whew.

Since we have been here I've really tried to take it easy. Yesterday, my mom took the kids to Target to let them pick out new pajamas (bad mommy, I forgot to pack them, darn preggo brain). This morning my mom is taking the kids to a park near her house so I'm hoping to take a little nap after I bathe.

Does anyone else just not have the energy to shower every day? I feel so lazy... I can't remember when bathing was so exhausting. Maybe if I just stop shaving...? I think that is contributing to my breakouts...If only I had the energy to wash my face. he he he

Hope everyone has a great nausea free day!
Chris
#42 of 52 Old 06-21-2007, 02:03 PM

Anyone else still tired!! I feel exhausted all the time...I do have two small ones at home but I am just so so so tired. Is there anything I can do?

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#43 of 52 Old 06-21-2007, 02:34 PM

Yeah, I'm still exhausted but I'm lucky in that I can nap usually.

U/s went well today. She made me nervous by not saying anything for a long time while she did all her measuring and stuff. Apparently he (I've been calling it a 'he' just because I don't like saying 'it') was wiggling around a lot.

Here is one of the pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/danuv/581598929/
#44 of 52 Old 06-21-2007, 03:16 PM

----------------> exhausted, nauseated, insomniac, threw up once today

----------------> trying to nightwean poor ds, and more insomnia daily

its just getting worse ladies....i just hope it will get better soon...drinkin red raspberry leaf tea, ginger tea, I even got chamomile tea and mint tea to help me sleep nothing seems to work

i am so irritable i feel sorry for my kids its been cornflakes for breakfast and dinner and i just cook up some french fries and hamburgers for lunch

i cant stand to cook and like op i hate to eat but i have to or else i feel sick

hope it will be over soon

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

#45 of 52 Old 06-21-2007, 05:30 PM

That is how I feel...some days good but for the past couple days so tired and now I feel nauseated and blah....time to go and nap

Chavaleh your little baby is sooo cute...I can imagine it all curled up in there. Thanks for sharing!

#46 of 52 Old 06-21-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoula View Post
:

Does anyone sometimes feel overwhelmed with wanting to leave their dp/dh?

I feel that way a lot lately. dp and I have only been together 8 months, and I feel so trapped sometimes. Especially if I want to SAH.

ugh...hormones.
I've only been with my dp nine months as of today + it can be rough, especially since he was at first adamant about *not* having a kid. Surprise, surprise... When things go wrong his initial reaction is to blow up at me. And of course, in this condition, i fight back.

I also want to SAH, but dp has no insurance (i have to rely on myself for that) and doesn't make much money, so we'll see.

One thing i've really noticed is even though friends and family can be supportive throughout this time, i've never felt more alone.

Hang in there + remind yourself that you never have to be trapped to a significant other.
#47 of 52 Old 06-22-2007, 02:43 AM

I still feel awful. Then today I had more bleeding with some nasty cramping. I am going to call my OB's office tomorrow and beg for a quick u/s. I am worried. This is not going to be an easy pg, that's for sure!!!
#48 of 52 Old 06-22-2007, 10:43 AM

I hope everything's okay junebugsmom

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#49 of 52 Old 06-22-2007, 01:29 PM

Sending positive energy your way JunebugsMom !! Hope all is well !

#50 of 52 Old 06-22-2007, 01:47 PM

Sara, have fun backpacking! My hubby is really into climbing and hiking and next on his list is a trip to the Cascades to do some of the big mountains. I'm thinking this trip to Scotland (we leave on Monday) will be my last big hike for a while, though I guess next summer we could stick Jr in a back-carrier and go. Anyway, all that to say, have fun! And WTG on the projects done, I can't wait to have that energy back!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#51 of 52 Old 06-22-2007, 06:51 PM

SeaDoula, every time I get pregnant, I want to leave my husband. So, you're not alone And fleas suck. I don't know of any natural remedies (we chemical bombed the suckers when our cat infested our house before kids) but Natural Home and Body Care or Pets might

Backpacking sounds fun! I'm jealous of your energy

Breakfast with Cookie Monster? Sounds like your dc is going to have a great b-day

Showers get me tired just thinking about them. I've been taking more baths lately which isn't good, I like them HOT. But I've toned the temp down and I get out earlier. Also, I'd just been getting interested in home wax kits a month or so before I got pregnant. It HURTS and I can only do a bit at a time but I don't have the energy to shave more than my pits and that happens rarely, only when I realize that if I raise my arms someone may mistake me for a Chia Pet actually But I'm sticking to the wax for my legs because you can do that sitting down while watching tv on the bed

Cute u/s pic! I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and its cool to think my baby may look something like that right now Seems BIG

My kids have been getting less than homecooked lately too. I get sick when people just mention food, actually preparing it is like torture. So I do it as little as possible. Finger foods have become our best friend.

Today I actually made it to work... And left early. I'm such a wimp, I don't remember feeling this bad with my oldest (I worked through 8 months pg with him). The worst part is when people start bringing out their lunch. Ugh. But, the bean seems sticky (hopefully!) so that's great.

#52 of 52 Old 06-23-2007, 01:06 PM

I am actually feeling maybe a TAD bit better yesterday and today. On Thursday night I was so sick I broke down and took the phenegran. It knocked me OUT like a light! DH had to carry me to bed! I hate taking meds for this, but it did help me feel better I am taking reglan most everyday so that I feel okay enough to function.

My mom told me that my cousin is expecting again! And my SIL had her first appt. and is measuring big, so she is eithe PG w/ twins or farther along than she thought. She doens't have an US for another MONTH and I don't know how I"m going to wait that long! If I were her I'd be demanding an US right now (she is due Dec 15th by her dates). My brother is really hoping for twins, but I think one will be plenty! He doesn't know what he's asking for!

We are going on vacation over the 4th of July, and I am starting to get excited. I hope I feel well. I'll be right at 12 weeks! This PG is going by fast! I'm 10 weeks, so 1/4 of the way done!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page