I officially look pregnant! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 07-02-2007, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh!

I can't believe I look pregnant at 13.5 weeks!

Last week, I just looked fat. All my belly fat has been pushed up and out of my lower abdomen where it normally hides under my wasteline. This week it is all hanging out. It's just the fat. My uterus is still pretty snuggly hiding, but I officially look huge!

I'm going to have to dig out the mat. clothes this week. I was trying to wait until our bathroom remodel was finished and I could start moving back into my closet, but it looks like I'm going to have to dig out the clothes and just find a place downstairs to keep it until they're done with the bathroom.

So much for wearing my "fat" pants and the 2 pair of mat. pants I have in a drawer!

BTW, I bought one of those tummy sleeves at motherhood yesterday. I'm wearing it now to help hold up the mat. pants that keep sliding down. I'm not sure what I think of it yet. The back seems to be rolling up as I wiggle around in my work chair . . .

--LEE
#2 of 17 Old 07-02-2007, 12:03 PM

I hear ya. Someone actually asked me when I was due this week I'm not even 12 weeks yet!
I told DH not to correct me if he hears me start telling people November or something like that

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#3 of 17 Old 07-02-2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2babybeans View Post
I hear ya. Someone actually asked me when I was due this week I'm not even 12 weeks yet!
I told DH not to correct me if he hears me start telling people November or something like that

Hahahaha! I don't blame you, I can see myself doing the same.

I am looking so pregnant now. I officially gained three pounds and the majority of my pants don't button. I made my own belly band out of a lycra tank top I had. Because it is so long I put it on first, pull my pants up, then fold it down to where I want it, it works like a dream; I may not even bother buying a real Bella Band unless this method stops working for some reason.
#4 of 17 Old 07-02-2007, 01:50 PM

I wore my 'fat' jeans to the movies this weekend and the zipper kept sliding down because my belly is so freaking huge now. Unfortunately I'm not looking pregnant just enormous. I'm having the same thing with the lower belly fat all getting shoved upwards to the section I've previously referred to as "The Third Boob" (the area that got stretched out with my other kids and usually is just a flabby blob). I bought a pair of cozy pj pants at Target that I plan on living in till I can get some maternity things in a few weeks. Good thing I don't leave the house too often.
#5 of 17 Old 07-02-2007, 01:58 PM

Its funny how I wish I was showing and others think they are huge!

I dont start to show through my clothes until 5 1/2 to 6 months and I wish I was saying that you could tell Im pregnant now. Maybe it looks like I am bloated and aunt flo will come soon but not pregnant.

Its funny how I wish I was showing and others think they are huge!
Angela
#6 of 17 Old 07-02-2007, 03:06 PM

I look pregnant now, too. I actually have a round little belly under my belly button and then, yeah the umm "extra" left over from my other two pushed up to the top. Lovely! I still feel silly in maternity clothes except for a few things so for now I'm just making do with those and the few regular clothes that still fit. I hate the in-between stage! I feel like I'm showing a lot earlier this time.

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#7 of 17 Old 07-02-2007, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Well, it looks like most of us are having the same in-between issues!

I wore a maternity shirt to work last week, and I felt ridiculous! I'm definately showing a LOT earlier this time. Of course, I mostly just feel fat.

And DH keeps giggling at me when he notices my pants unbuttoned and half-way down my hips in the evenings. He loves it though! Anything that'll get me to take my clothes off he's in favor of. Silly man!
#8 of 17 Old 07-02-2007, 05:52 PM

I'm going on vacation this week and trying to pack! I tried on all kinds of things this morning and basically I look PG in some things and just fat in others. I can't decide which look is better! My mom picked up a few nice matenrity tops at a yard sale this week so I plan to wear one or two of those, and I borrowed her size 10 and 12 shorts to try on. I normally wear either a 6 or an 8, but they will not stay zipped for anything! The size 10s actually fit about right at the waist, but the butt part kinda puckers, and the lower belly just looks strange! I picked up some under the belly maternity shorts, too, and they look okay, but are still kinda big, but would work! UGH! I am 11.5 weeks now, and my uterus is clearly out of my pubic bones, I'd say 1/3 of the way or more to my belly button, and it pushes everything up. I tried on a couple of swim suits and I DEFINATELY look PG, not just fat, when I wear them Is it tacky looking do you think? I think I am going w/ the one peice that I"ve had for years, and just wearing it like that w/ a funny looking belly popping out? EEK! I'll be glad when I'm about 16-18 weeks and clearly look PG!
#9 of 17 Old 07-02-2007, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2babybeans View Post
i've been thinking the same thing!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#10 of 17 Old 07-03-2007, 01:01 AM

I pulled out the maternity pants a couple of days ago and...ahhhhh...it was so nice to put on pants that had some give! I'm not wearing maternity shirts yet (just nice long Old Navy tshirts), but I need the mat bottoms. I think I look pregnant now, but nobody's come up to me and commented yet. I guess I must look just fat.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#11 of 17 Old 07-03-2007, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Seaturtle - I just noticed that you're in Urbandale! DH has an aunt and uncle in Urbandale. We were just up there at the beginning of May when SIL graduated from Vet school in Ames! Small world. Know any Derscheid's?

Swim Suits: I wear my same old wal-mart one peice I bought before I ever got PG. I thought I would buy a new one when I was PG with Alex (due May 27), but she came May 2 before I thought to buy one. Then with Cori I just wore the regular one with shorts the couple of times I needed it (due in October that time), so I've never bought a PG swim suit. This time there's no need either, and since I'm done now, it would be silly to spend the money . . .
#12 of 17 Old 07-03-2007, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Oh heck yah, I have been looking hugely pregnant this week. Someone asked me when I was due and I said 'January!' She counted the months on her fingers and then looked at me like I had two heads. "Oh no dear, that can't be right."

Yep, it is right. And no, I am not having twins. I am just enormously large.

My belly is so bloated though. I swear it is mostly air in there. And I am really tight and hard across the top of my belly, just under my bra. You can thump my belly like a watermelon and it sounds hollow.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#13 of 17 Old 07-03-2007, 11:13 PM

Well I don't look pregnant yet. But it's my first...so...maybe that explains it. I'm smaller than I was a couple weeks ago even. Weird things the body does when pregnant. I've had to get longer shirts, but I think that's because my boobs are bigger. I found some maternity capris at the goodwill that feel GREAT but...hard to find things long enough to cover in the front without wearing maternity shirts, which look CRAZY at this point since I don't look pregnant

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#14 of 17 Old 07-05-2007, 06:30 PM

I hope I just look fat, cause I'm in for negotiations about my salary tomorrow... Wish me luck!!!!
#15 of 17 Old 07-06-2007, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Good Luck, Kivi!!!!
#16 of 17 Old 07-07-2007, 09:09 AM

Good luck, Kivi!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#17 of 17 Old 07-08-2007, 12:32 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good luck Kivi!

I definitely look preggers, have people asking...today I broke down and went SHOPPING for some summery maternity clothes, which is totally ridiculous since there's only July and August left but NONE of my pants fit anymore and things that restrict my stomach bring on the loud tear-jerking try heaves... so... )

I too get people asking "How far along are you? 12 weeks? That can't be right..." Okay so my tummy's big, get over it! It's not twins (midwife checked).

I bought some nice loose flowy tops because the tight top thing doesn't work for me this time around.....this gal has got some back-fat this time! And a bit 'o rind over the top o' the pants!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page