How's your weight gain? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 07-09-2007, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Of course as soon as I post to this thread about not showing, my belly pops out Today I was trying to eat and was so bloated/full (but hungry still, there was just no room!) and looked down and saw this round bump of a stomach Good thing I was at home

Mama to two boys and a girl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 48 Old 07-09-2007, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well darlin' I guess you and all of us better get used to that stomach poppin' out! There's more to come!

OMG I just hit 13 weeks and suddenly my nausea and appetite seem much improved. I'm so hungry now all the time! I still have pockets of dry heaving and nausea, but now there are blocks where I can actually eat with some variety and enjoy it! (Sorry to the sisters who are still suffering from nausea.)

Yay food!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#33 of 48 Old 07-10-2007, 11:03 PM

I hate you all
I'm 14 weeks and have gained 10lbs(that I'm admitting to )My last pregnancy, I lost 3lbs at this point and only gained 30lbs total. Looks like no such luck this time!

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#34 of 48 Old 07-11-2007, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I had another midwife appointment, and their scale says I'm up to 142lbs. So I'm not worried anymore.

Mama with babyboy.gif (2005), babyboy.gif (2008) & babygirl.gif (2010)

#35 of 48 Old 07-11-2007, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I just had a midwife appointment yesterday and I have gained 4 pounds and am 12 weeks. I am thrilled to gain weight this pregnancy. Well, maybe not thrilled, but after my last pregnancy this is a nice change.

Last time, I dropped about 28 pounds in the first trimester due to severe vommitting. I started the anti-vommitting meds earlier this time and it has really helped. I still suffer naseau and throw up 1-2 times a day, but it beats the alternative. Blech.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#36 of 48 Old 07-11-2007, 12:26 PM

I was down 2 lbs at the first appt and down another 2 at the second appt. It doesn't make sense to me. I'm not sick at all and I've been eating really frequently. I think it might be that I've been eating much smaller portions more frequently, though.

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
#37 of 48 Old 07-11-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyTheCat View Post
I am now 13+2 weeks, and I have only gained maybe 2-3 pounds. If I were large, that wouldn't worry me, but I'm very thin to begin with. My pre-pregnancy weight was 133lbs. at 5'8". I'm still nursing my son (25 months), but only twice a day, and I'm almost completely dried up anyway.

Thing is, I'm eating from sun-up till sun-down, and not exactly fat-free. I also checked my fundal height yesterday and it's 11cm which is okay for 13 weeks.
Congratulations, your perfectly normal!!! (Of course, what's normal anyway?)

If you are eating from sun-up till sun-down, baby is getting everything that s/he needs.

Personally, I've started this pregnancy so much higher (15 lbs than previous pregnancies that I've opted out of weighing. I was weighed when I saw the OB at 10 weeks, I will weigh at 20 weeks when I have my u/s and again at 36 weeks when I see the OB for RX for the birth. Other than that, I just don't need to know how bad it's going to be this time around.

As for my previously preganancies, I don't think I gained a pound before 20 weeks. My excess fat just got converted into baby . . .

Both of my ultra-skinny sisters LOST weight during the first 16 weeks of PG because they were so sick.

Weight gain is so personal. The fluctuations that are normal are so wide and so varied that all those books that say "Now that you are 16 weeks, you should have gained between x and y pounds" should be burned!

But that's just my humble opinion.
#38 of 48 Old 07-12-2007, 09:08 PM

I just hit 15wks today and have consistently held onto one extra pound for the past few days....so the weight loss is turning around!!!

I was down about 9lbs from pp weight, and I have been able to eat much better in the past two weeks. Food actually looks and tates good, and I want to eat which makes all the difference.

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#39 of 48 Old 07-16-2007, 07:37 PM

i'm not sure how much i have gained at this point 12 weeks because i haven't been near a scale...but my thing is i'm not really showing..i know it is still early but from looking at people's belly photos...lots of people seem to be showing already. anyone else not?
#40 of 48 Old 07-17-2007, 12:02 AM

I go back and forth---some days I'm showing a little, others not. But my regular pants don't fit right....I think that I probably just look a little "thick in the middle" to most people. Oh well.

I'll go look at my belly shots from last time one of these days. I can't remember when I started showing, or when I started wearing maternity.

I'm wearing a maternity shirt today, but look a little silly. Not many choices in my wardrobe, though, and this one is at least 3/4 sleeve instead of long sleeve!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#41 of 48 Old 07-17-2007, 12:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
14 wks and my tummy looks like I did when I was 6 mos. with dd#1. Oh well! I've been walking every day and it seems to make a difference with keeping weight gain at a decent pace.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#42 of 48 Old 07-17-2007, 12:53 AM

I've gained about 8 pounds so far which feels like soooo much to me. I keep trying to convince myself that its right on target though. 5 pounds in the first trimester and 1 pound a week after that. It still feels like a ton and a half.

But in all fairness I did lose 65 pounds the last year and a half to meet my goal weight so its really difficult for me to see the scale go in a different direction...I was used to looking in the mirror and loving the figure but now I look in the mirror and just look fat...can't wait until I start looking pregnant!

I'm amazed at how 8 pounds can look like so much!

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#43 of 48 Old 07-17-2007, 01:20 AM

3lbs. I'm 15 weeks. I'm fighting the urge to scream at the scale. Ugh. I'm still not in maternity clothes yet, though, something I should be thankful for.

I'm fat, though, so it's not like the babe is starving or suffering...hardly. Growing just fine. I just hope I don't blow up like a whale. :
#44 of 48 Old 07-17-2007, 10:25 PM

I'm now 15w,5d and I thought I had gained a pound and this morning was down that pound again! I'm trying not to worry, I am eating, but it's just so different from last time I was pregnant. I was up something like 15 pounds by this point last time! I guess running around after a 3 year old really contributes to caloric needs

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#45 of 48 Old 07-18-2007, 09:17 PM

I'm 5'4" and weigh 143. It sounds heavy but it's a healthy muscular weight for me.

At six weeks or so I had my first weigh in at WIC and found out I'd lost 7 pounds. Part of this was muscle mass- at that time it wasn't comfortable to ride my bike anymore and I cut down from 60 miles a week to almost none. Now I'm at 16 weeks I seem to be 3-5 pounds over my original rate. I'm thinner around my face, waist, and hips, but my belly is starting to pop out. I figure with my short torso and complete lack of hips there's no place for the baby to go but out. People don't notice my pregnancy unless I point the bump out to them. They're probably just distracted by my massive boobs
#46 of 48 Old 07-18-2007, 09:57 PM

well...I lost at least 6 lbs the first 2 months..but it re-distributed. I was eating so healthy...it's no wonder. I feel like the little pudge on my back has lessoned as my tummy has started jutting out.
Hey, if i'm one of those lucky "bump" ladies, I'll be pleased.
I imagine I'm at least back to my pre-pre-pregnancy weight.
I was overweight about 25 lbs or so...so loosing at first is not an issue. I've got plenty to go around.

Mother of 2 boys, new little one on the way
#47 of 48 Old 07-18-2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko View Post
I'm 5'4" and weigh 143. It sounds heavy but it's a healthy muscular weight for me.
At
um...that does not sound heavy. I have a muscular build (not athletic, but strong) and my ideal weight according to my doctor was 155 at 5'4". Any less than that and my hour-glassness fades away..bye bye C/D-cups.
Everyone is different in thier body mass, muscle mass and bone structure. According to Cosmo at 175 lbs I'm a huge fat thing...according to everyone I know... I might be a little overweight, but nothing to gawk at...and hardly obese by any standard. (mind you, I am over my "goal" weight...but I had intended to get back there before pregnancy...oh well)

Just saying...I like to endorce healthy outlooks on female image and weight perspective. No three-column chart in a magazine can tell you that you are healthy...so I refuse to act based on that standard.
:

Mother of 2 boys, new little one on the way
#48 of 48 Old 07-18-2007, 11:39 PM

I have no idea how much I lost or gained, because I was weighed for the first time today. At 13 weeks (8 months post partum) I weigh a full 20 pounds more than I did at this same stage last pregnancy -- and I was already well into the morbidly obese range .

I don't mind gaining pregnancy weight, don't get me wrong -- I just hate the fact that I'm basically starting this pregnancy the weight I ended the last one. Also, my blood pressure was very high for me. Last pregnancy I was between 105/70 and 115/80 the entire time. (Well, there was one visit when it was 124/80, but that was a day or two before I went into active labor, so probably labor related.) This visit gave me 130/85. The doctor said it didn't look high to him, but I know it's way higher than my norm, and I also know it's because I get zero exercise nowadays. I spend most of my time sitting in front of my computer either studying for the bar or avoiding studying for the bar...and the rest lying on my side nursing my ever-nursing baby. I hope I can get healthier in the one month I have between the bar and work.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page