**Weekly Thread, 16-22 July** - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 07-16-2007, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We never got a weekly thread going last week, so I thought I'd jump on it this week. I don't have anything in particular to chat about at the moment, except that I'm irritated that I have nothing "summer" to wear. My last pregnancy was purely winter, so I'm having to wear the same 2 shirts over and over, or just be hot. I'm going to try to make it downtown one night this week to check out the maternity sections for summer clearance---we're going to NYC next week, and I just hate being uncomforable in my clothes while traveling!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#2 of 26 Old 07-16-2007, 01:04 PM

I've been living in my 4 "non maternity but nice and long" Old Navy Tshirts....cycling though them all and doing frequent washes (because with 2 kids, I don't get more than a day out of them before they're dirty...) I have my 2nd appt this Friday - I'll be 16+ weeks by then. Yikes - almost time for an 18 wk ultrasound! This pregnancy is flying by!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#3 of 26 Old 07-16-2007, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I am feeling better. Finally, finally, finally, the vommitting has stopped and I am actually eating food again. Of course, not that I want to eat again, I want to eat everything. Hello weight gain!

But seriously, this pregnancy is becoming a reality for me now that I don't feel like I have a terminal illness. I am finally free to be happy about being pregnant and am really looking forward to this new baby. Until now, I have been feeling kind of apathetic about being pregnant. I was so preoccupied with being sick. But pow! Now I am feeling the love.

Dh is headed out of town again (again!!!). This time is is just 5 days, so more manageable. I need to get some play dates and activites planned so that we don't end up loafing at the house so much and get bored.

Here's to a good week.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#4 of 26 Old 07-16-2007, 01:30 PM

ANYONE WANNA COME HELP ME PACK??? lmao.. seriously, I have to pack 3095 sq ft in just 1.5 weeks and we only have like 40 boxes packed lolol.. we know we such slackers lolol.. but man i really just dont want to pack.. it doesnt help that everytime we pack something, someone just *needs* something out of the box and so it gets unpacked.. Ive already told everyone from now on, you dont need it until we get to orlando lol.. .so no unpacking until orlando lmao.. the sad part is our garage.. i dont even want to step foot out there LOL.. sorry for rambling about this but aghhh i just dont want to pack.. and i need to go to the store and get more boxes.. my dad just got back from the store and he was about an hr too late, they had just compacted the boxes
#5 of 26 Old 07-16-2007, 02:14 PM

Like Ruthiegirl, now that I don't feel like I have some kind of awful illness, I am not resenting my pregnancy anymore! Yay!

I look ridiculous today. When I first got pregnant I got it into my head (all on my own) that I would start showing late September, and therefore be able to wear all of my own clothes right through summer. So, in that effort I am wearing one of my skirts that actually zippers all of the way up. Only thing, the skirt is sitting about an inch from my boobs, as it's the only place that still fits. My waist is down there somewhere, I think... if I could only find it, haha. So, I'm going to Tarjey (Target) to seek out some maternity pants.

I am trying so hard to embrace my growing belly, but I have to admit, I'm just embarressed and feel like everyone who sees me thinks I need to take the twinkie out of my mouth. I don't enjoy wearing fitted tees anymore, although I have plenty that are long enough. I am down to wearing my loose fitting tops, although they probably make me look even more pregnant. I am so vain that when the scale showed I am down a pound this morning, I was happy (officially gained four pounds so far so I am still good, plus noone could argue I don't eat enough, I eat all day).
#6 of 26 Old 07-16-2007, 02:39 PM

Tiffany - I feel your pain on the moving. We moved a month ago, and I've been so stinkin' exhausted that I haven't completely unpacked yet.

I had an u/s done two weeks ago. On Friday, my doctor's office called and said they had the results and that I need to come in to discuss them. I don't know why the doc is wanting to see me - she doesn't do maternity, I'm seeing a midwife (I guess they sent to results to both offices?). I tried calling, but they won't tell me anything over the phone, just that I have to come in. They only do that when the news isn't good, otherwise they don't phone. I asked for the doc to call me on Friday, but she never did (the receptionist said she doesn't do that. grrrr). I can't get a hold of my midwife (office hours are only on Tues and Thurs). The doc's office is 1.5 hours away. I'm trying not to completely FREAK out. Ugh.
#7 of 26 Old 07-16-2007, 03:37 PM

Well, I've just started dealing the headache of moving. We had an offer accepted on a house and we close Aug. 13! So all of a sudden I have to pack and get ready to move. We are super excited, though, its our first home and we got our #1 choice. Doesn't change the fact that the actual moving part sucks, though!

I'm so glad to hear you all are feeling better! I feel pretty good although I still get nauseaus in the mornings. If I don't eat right away I get sick. I don't think that I had that problem with my other two. Oh and sometimes I'll be so hungry and then right in the middle of eating it suddenly becomes disgusting

Mama_Bear, I hope everything is ok. Thats just awful of the drs. office to not even discuss what the issue is! Are they trying to stress you out? I hope you find out something soon.

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#8 of 26 Old 07-16-2007, 04:46 PM

There's a lot of movin' mamas! I'm so glad it's not me. I HATE packing and unpacking. Lots of sympathy for you guys.

Mama Bear - I sure hope everything is ok Let us know what you find out.

I have an appointment tomorrow at 14w2d. I'm looking forward to it. My SIL found out at her 14 week appointment that her baby had died (that was 6 months ago) and so....for some reason that's a milestone that I feel I need to get past so I don't worry so much.

I have 3 shirts that are long enough to cover my belly. I rotate between them and I've looked ALL over for more and can't find any that I think look good. I never thought I'd be thinking about maternity clothes so soon, but the pressure on my uterus from regular pants is just downright uncomfortable. I can wear yoga pants around the house, but not to work (I need khakis for work) so I'm hitting up the goodwills for maternity khakis.

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#9 of 26 Old 07-16-2007, 05:54 PM

I just passed the 12-week point, but I still feel a kind of general, vague stomach discomfort all the time. Must be the lovely constipation and heartburn that are left in the wake of all that morning sickness.

I heard the baby's heartbeat last Friday! It was strong and steady and healthy. All was normal and well. I asked the midwife what that swishing noise was, and she said, "That's your baby moving around!" Very cool to hear.

I gained 6 lbs. last month, though, and that's no good. Need to get back on my feet exercise-wise, now that the worst of the m/s is behind me. Anyone else play DDR? :P

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#10 of 26 Old 07-16-2007, 06:24 PM

MamaBear

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#11 of 26 Old 07-16-2007, 06:26 PM

i feel so bad for all of those that are busy moving. i hate moving. we are sort of moving this week but i'm not doing any of the moving myself and there isn't much to move. dh is doing everything while i am out of town. last time he did this he left stuff at the old house though...i'm gonna hope he learned from his mistakes.

mama bear...i'm really sorry about the doctor's office. don't they realize the kind of stress that puts on people. it is a hassle just to go into the doctor anyway...it would just be great if they would tell you on the phone...but then they couldn't charge you for a visit.

i have my first appointment set up for tomorrow, which i am really nervous about. i'm still paronoid i will get in there and there not be a heartbeat. i am all stressed out because tomorrows appointment is going to be like 800 dollars or something. i'm still looking into midwives and have found some other cheaper altervatives but hate making decisions and feel pressured to make the immediately. i also feel like i will be locked into whatever decision i made in haste. i just feel like my situation is very complicated since i am living in two houses in two states on and off...i don't know how much longer my husband will be employed...it might be another year...it might be another month...where will i be in january?...blah blah.

i'm also starting to feel less sick...but not completely over the hill yet. i have been a little more fun as a mommy lately. i made a fort with ds, we have been painting a lot, playing basketball using the laundry basket and a soccer ball...all of these things are drastic changes from resting on the couch all day.
#12 of 26 Old 07-16-2007, 06:30 PM

Things here are going really well. Excited to say that I'm already 13 weeks and it's just flown by. Wild to think it's approximately 1/3 over!
We heard the baby's heartbeat at the midwife's office last week and it was so exciting. Dh had the biggest smile on his face
And more exciting news.. we might be having a homebirth. We are supposed to meet with a midwife next week and I'm hoping that we click. Guess we'll see! We have an awesome CNM right now, but she only delivers in the hospital. She is really supportive of us switching to a homebirth, though, so at least it's not awkward.
The fatigue is starting to let up a bit, so that's comforting. I feel like I'm coming out of a fog!

Jillybean & Tiffany- good luck with your moves! We have our home up for sale right now and a new place all lined up, but we haven't received any offers. I'm pretty bummed about it. It's been 7 weeks now.. I thought it would have happened by now I will try to stay positive, though, and hope that something happens soon.

Hope everyone is feeling well!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#13 of 26 Old 07-16-2007, 07:47 PM

I'm good- spent most of the week unpacking from our Scotland trip and then re-organizing our house. We are going to have to move our bedroom for babe, but won't be doing that until December break. But I want to get a handle on organizing and tossing NOW, since this is our last long break until then! We got all new windows in our house today (I work at a group home, so it's not "MY" house), so that's exciting for us, since our houses are pretty old.

I had my first midwife appointment on Thursday, heard baby's heart (yippeee) and she said I'm healthy and doing just what I'm supposed to (always nice to hear). I think I've gained 3 lbs (all that hiking in Scotland helped), but my belly is SO big (flat stomach before). I'm loving wear "tight" shirts around my co-workers who know I"m preggo because I looooooooooove having a preggo belly, I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror. In public I just hope people guess I'm preggo. Hehehe. I'm feeling much better now too, just a random day here and there that are dreadful (like today).

Mama Bear, hopefully they just want you to come in so they can tell you you're having twins in person and it's not something wrong! Let us know!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#14 of 26 Old 07-17-2007, 04:17 AM

Well, 15+1 today, and I feel as if my head is gonna explode. It was so incredibly hot here yesterday, unreal thinking that last week, I had ds run around wearing a wool sweater.

Otherwise I'm pretty good, but that doesn't seem to help much. Our dog died last night, he was only with us for 4 years.

Mama with babyboy.gif (2005), babyboy.gif (2008) & babygirl.gif (2010)

#15 of 26 Old 07-17-2007, 10:14 AM

Im glad to hear Im not the only person crazy enough to try to move during pregnancy lmao.. I seriously AM NOT looking forward to the moving but am looking forward to being in the new place

mama2babybeans - I hope your house sells soon! I know what thats like. We have had grandmas condo on the market about a yr now and still noone has bought it. We have actually only had 4 people show interest!!! and its in a VERY nice area of town that has TONS of ammenities.. its crazy how bad the market is!

kittythecat Im so sorry to hear about your dog. During my first pregnancy, my childhood dog died unexpectedly.. Its sad! Ill be praying for a quick healing time for you.
#16 of 26 Old 07-17-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyTheCat View Post
Otherwise I'm pretty good, but that doesn't seem to help much. Our dog died last night, he was only with us for 4 years.
I'm sorry about your dog's passing That's never an easy thing to deal with, especially after having only 4 short years with him

#17 of 26 Old 07-17-2007, 05:50 PM

We lost our beloved doggy friend last November. I know how awful that is. Hugs to you!

Very happy - my baby has a heartbeat! You'd think the growing uterus would clue me in, but for some reason I've still been worrying. I feel better now, at least for today I don't think it's really sunk in yet...not sure when that will happen....

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#18 of 26 Old 07-18-2007, 01:18 PM

I've been so busy lately I've hardly had time to post! My house is a disaster area since our trip and the funeral thing. I've been trying to catch up on paperwork (we own our own business, quarterly reports time!) and the house has totally been let go! DH is helping me re-organize, and we are going to go ahead and pack up the things we don't think we will be needing (like the pictures on my dresser, winter clothes I'll not fit into this winter, ect.) for our move next fall! I figure the less "stuff" that's loose, the less mess that can be made! We are having to do everything we can to make room for these babies! So far we have finished the bathroom and I started on our room. I am pretty sure I am not getting the Christmas stuff out this year, I think I"ll just buy a small tree and let the girls decorate it b/c I just will not have the time/energy to drag all of our Christmas stuff out, and there won't be room w/ baby stuff sitting out! THose of you moving durring the pregnancy I wish you lots of luck! We are supposed to start our house in February and hopefully it will take about 6 months or so b/c we are bursting out of this one as it is!
#19 of 26 Old 07-18-2007, 03:04 PM

Free Thinker, I must have missed the twin announcement! Congrats!

We've started packing. Yeah, moving sucks but we are so excited about our house that I'm not really stressing about it. I can't wait to get out this tiny apartment!

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#20 of 26 Old 07-18-2007, 06:39 PM

Oh MamaBear, it's awful to know there's bad news but not what it is!

I had my first appointment today. They did an u/s because I really had no idea when I would have gotten pregnant, but I was pretty sure it wasn't when hte earlier u/s said. So we have moved my EDD up to what I thought it was to begin with. Part of me wanted to keep it later for post-due issues, but I'm really pretty confident this date is more accurate. The pregnancy had become more real to me two days ago, when I was first able to feel my uterus (I'm obese) but it was nice to see a good strong heartbeat.

I sympathize with all you folks who are moving. We moved at the end of May, just when I discovered I was pregannt despite two weeks of solid bleeding (I was sure I was miscarrying). My in-laws came in to help, and they didn't let me do ANYTHING. Not even carry the baby gate down to the U-Haul. I got to sit with my baby and play all of moving day. At least when I wasn't throwing things into boxes last minute and taping them up...we were kind of slow on the packing...
#21 of 26 Old 07-19-2007, 06:28 PM

Last night was productive! DH moved out a few bigger things from our room and I packed all the loose pictures, ect. and cleaned off our dressers. I will set them up as our changing station. I also got out hte pack-n-play to set up just to gage the size area we need to leave. It will work perfectly! I can put one twin in it while I change the other, then switch. Nightimes they will probably sleep w/ me or maybe together in the PnP or whereever the sleep best! DH still needs to move out my hopechest full of blankets, and I'll need to pull the few things out from under the bed and dust, but that's about it! On to the kids room and the mountian of toys to pack up!
#22 of 26 Old 07-19-2007, 09:56 PM

Hang in there all you packing mamas! We've moved internationally (there and back) and after our last move I told DH, NO moving for a loooooong time! Ugh! It's nice to get rid of stuff but soooo much work!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#23 of 26 Old 07-19-2007, 10:49 PM

it's so good to hear how everyone is doing, and nice to know a lot of folks are feeling better.

good luck to all the moving mamas!

i'm feeling better, as long as i get a decent night's sleep. i wake up with creaky hips, i'm HUGE, and i'm not quite as active as i'd like to be, but those are all very minor complaints. it's exciting to be sort-of showing and to feel pregnant vs. chronically ill. like other pps i was also resenting this pregnancy for awhile. now it feels real and more exciting again. i'm loving food and can even cook for other people again.

tomorrow i have to drink the gd soda. blech. my first baby was a chubber, even though i didn't have gd, so they're already giving me concerned looks at the midwives office. i'm 5'2" and would love to have a little baby, and everything i've read says gd can be very manageable with a good diet (for most people), but i'll be having a hospital birth and i don't want to give them any reason to get high-intervention-y with me. i'm also having a pelvic tomorrow, so overall i'm not looking forward to it - hoping that hearing the heartbeat again will help me sail through the rest.
#24 of 26 Old 07-20-2007, 06:43 PM

I have serious exhuastion today. I can't get over this sleepiness. I feel like I could pass out for days right now. Hopefully, I'm close to feeling better though, I'm 13wks..but still belching, puking, and overall blech some days. Hopefully next week I'll turn that magic corner and be 'well'.

Chris
#25 of 26 Old 07-20-2007, 07:05 PM

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only preggo, moving momma out there! DH, DD (16mos) and I finally arrived on the the "other' coast last week, and we are slowly getting unpacked and settled. Lots of painting to do, we are planning a bathroom gut-and-redo, and having some mjoulding installed. Oh, and going to visit the inlaws for 2 weeks. I have my first appt. with my new doc next week, and hopefully I will finally be able to hear the heartbeat--I'll be past 14 week then! I'm bummed because mu new home province doesn't cover or legislate midwives, so it looks like it's another hospital birth for me.

Take care, everyone.

Andrea, EDD 13th Jan 08
#26 of 26 Old 07-21-2007, 03:26 PM

I'm feeling a lot better than I did a couple of days ago. We buried our dog on Tuesday, and even though ds started crying really hard when I told him to say goodbye, it gave me some kind of closure. Ah well.

I finally felt real movement yesterday! Yay! It felt like baby was really stretching in there, his/her head was actually pushing against me so hard, I had a discernible bump near my left hip, and a lot of pressure on both sides of my uterus. This kid is only 4" big, how is this gonna feel when it gets bigger? :

I'm also much better physically, not sick anymore, although I do get the random hunger attacks. And, everyone, say Hi to my old friend - heartburn! Ugh.

Kudos to everyone who's moving right now. Not sure I'd be up to that right now (although I'm pretty restless...).

Mama with babyboy.gif (2005), babyboy.gif (2008) & babygirl.gif (2010)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page