Is anyone still feeling crappy? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 07-18-2007, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 12.5 weeks and still feeling crappy in the mornings and evenings (before bed). It's not like the debilitating morning sickness from before, but just a general, ongoing under-the-weather-ness. Stomach aches, etc.

Am I the only one?

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#2 of 22 Old 07-18-2007, 11:10 AM
g&a

YES, YES, YES!!!

I still have nausea if I don't eat in time (not a big deal, actually, I just have to remember to eat), and am absolutely exhausted all the time. I was really hoping this would clear up by now (13.5ish weeks)!!! Actually I'm getting a little depressed about it. Sucks to not be able to do anything normal anymore. I feel chronically ill. I'm tired of people asking how I am (everyday) and saying rotten, or awful. I really ought to get out hte theasaurus and come up with some new responses, but that would take energy......

Of course, it's been abnormally hot here and nobody's sleeping well (even the dog), so I'm really hoping that when the weather goes back down to normal, things will change. Anyone else really feeling the heat??

Thanks for the chance to rant!!

g.

Canadian mama to A (C/S May 2004) and R (induced VBAC Dec 2007) expecting #3 in July.  Currently obsessing over permaculture, photography and beekeeping.

#3 of 22 Old 07-18-2007, 11:24 AM

I had a brief break from needing to constantly eat and felt that my energy perked up, but it has ended. I have been more frequently hungry lately and get a little sick to my stomach if I dont eat and as for being tired, I sleep like CRAP now, so it may just be because of that.

Anyone else sleeping horribly? I toss and turn and wake up so easily. I keep trying to sleep on my left side, and wake up on my right. Then I feel tired the next day but dont let myself nap, otherwise I have trouble agin at night!

As for the heat, yuck! We normally try to do things without the A/C, but this time of year gets pretty hot. LAst year we kept it on 80 during the day and turned it to 76 at night. This year I am so hot I just want to put it on 65! I am going swimming late this afternoon and can hardley wait to get into that cool swimming pool!
#4 of 22 Old 07-18-2007, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Evenings are still rough, but my days are much better. I have to eat all the time though or I get the naseau waves.

And the heat stinks! Our air conditioner is running non-stop. No one can survive without it though. My poor little boy has terrible heat rash in his armpits. :

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#5 of 22 Old 07-18-2007, 12:51 PM

I'm still feeling pretty bad, too. I throw up usually once a day, sometimes more, even taking meds! I am exhausted most days, too and always need to lay down about 2:00 for a nap! I am hoping things clear up soon, but w/ my other 2 I was sick until 20 weeks or so, and my OB said w/ twins it may not go away at all Hope we all get to feeling better soon!
#6 of 22 Old 07-18-2007, 01:43 PM

I'm 12 weeks, and I still feel like crap too. I'm not nauseated anymore for the most part. But I am CONSTANTLY hungry, no matter how much I eat I always want more. I haven't felt full in weeks, and I eat constantly. I'm exhausted. Doesn't help that I have a 13-month-old who doesn't like to sleep at night. I'm so drained, and I never want to do anything. Some days I have to convince myself to go up the stairs to take a shower -- I don't want to expend the energy to get myself clean. I'm just so wiped out. My sinuses and ears are bothering me as well -- it happened with my first pregnancy too. It's like I'm allergic to being pregnant or something.

And then yesterday I smashed the crap out of my finger. It's not pregnancy-related, but it hurts really badly, so it kind of magnifies all the other yucky feelings.
#7 of 22 Old 07-18-2007, 02:00 PM

yeah, I'm still puking every other day or so and I feel so bloated it hurts.
Glad to know I'm not alone
chris
#8 of 22 Old 07-18-2007, 02:22 PM

I was starting to think that there was something wrong with me! Im glad to hear im not the only one.

I cant eat. I try and just cant. I feel bad if I eat and feel bad if I dont(as in nausous). If I could have any food in the world....Nothing sounds good at all. I am able to eat soome flax waffles in the morning but the rest of the day is a struggle and I know I am weak from not eating but I just cant swallow most foods without gagging.

I think I am depressed too since I cant get out of the house much. My poor kids watch too much tv. MOvies from the library or ones we rent or own but still its too much. I havent taken a shower in a few days because just the thought of doing it makes me want to take a nap. Its just me and the kids so Im not getting any help either.

I hate to complain here but there is no one else to complain to. Dh is back in ks and I dont want him to think things are falling apart here so I just say that I feel yucky but Im ok. Which is true but to a lesser degree.

I know this will be over with soon but then this morning I had my first out of nowhere thoughts of "oh my goodness what was I thinking, I dont want to go through labor and birth again, I know what Im in for and I am temporarily freaked out" It went away but it was eye opening.

Being depressed and lonely and sick all the time sucks!!! But my kids light up my world! Im glad im not alone totally I just wish they could talk!
enough bitching from me, I feel better just saying this stuff.
Angela
#9 of 22 Old 07-18-2007, 03:00 PM

I'm feeling ok energy wise but I'm more nauseus now than I was the first 3 months! Everything grosses me out, I can't even walk into the bathroom without gagging and sometimes even puking. Which really sucks because I'm in the bathroom a lot. I also keep getting headaches- gotta ask my mw about that. I know I was feeling better than this with my other two by now. Oh, and I'm cranky and impatient with my kids poor guys. And yes, the heat is awful. I hate, hate, hate this time of year. I bet that is making everything worse.

Quote:
My poor kids watch too much tv. MOvies from the library or ones we rent or own but still its too much
My kids are watching a lot of TV right now, too. I feel bad about it but I just try to tell myself its temporary and soon it will be nice enough to play outside all day.

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#10 of 22 Old 07-18-2007, 03:54 PM

12.5 wks for me, and every week seems to get worse, actually.

I was talking to my mom and she said 14 weeks was her average "feeling crappy" time. I've read that M.S. can be one of those things where genes play a role. (not always, but often.) (can anyone confirm/deny this?)

I don't know if I can handle this getting WORSE for another few weeks.

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#11 of 22 Old 07-18-2007, 09:43 PM

I am 15 weeks today and still not feeling better. I usually throw-up once each morning...but the worst is by far the evening. Not as bad as month 2, but not 'good' either. General feeling sick and stomach-aches, yes that is me!

With dd, I was commuting long distances to school, and when I arrived home after over 12 hours at school, I remember being sick most nights. I thought it was due to the long long drive (1.5 hours each way). But now, I am working at home! So, I see a pattern with dd and this baby. Mornings are pretty much okay, once I get that first vomit over with...then it returns at night (but not throwing up, thank goodness).

I know my only cure is time...I think by 20 weeks this will go away for me, but I am doing okay and coping pretty well. Last night, I even "planned" to have lentil soup (which dh made), whereas previously, I would have not had a single craving.

We are in this together, ladies! And I think feeling better is not too far away...

Kristin

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#12 of 22 Old 07-19-2007, 10:16 AM

Yes!! I've been dying to whine. 15 wks and still puking daily. I try so hard not to wrinkle my nose and run to the bathroom when my family is eating things that I find so gross. Even my usual favorites are just yucky. Sigh. I didn't think I was sick this long with 1 & 2, but DH says I was.

Hope everyone feels better soon

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#13 of 22 Old 07-19-2007, 11:46 AM

I'm still nausaus and tired all the time too and my peeing has increased at night so thats even less sleep that I'm getting
#14 of 22 Old 07-19-2007, 02:23 PM

13 weeks tomorrow and still feeling pretty crappy. I just HATE having to eat all the time. I usually love to eat, but now is just another chore...yuck!

Free Thinker just saw you signature. Wow! Congrats on the twins!!!
#15 of 22 Old 07-19-2007, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

HollysMom, I hear you about eating just being another chore. I'm so sick of it and dread it every time I feel my stomach rumble.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#16 of 22 Old 07-19-2007, 02:52 PM

14 weeks and feeling like crap. I shouldn't whine too much....I do feel BETTER, just not GOOD. I've also been getting WICKED headaches, where I don't even want the dog in the room with me, nevermind my daughter and husband.

Blech. Maybe it's because it's summer?

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#17 of 22 Old 07-19-2007, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by othersomethings View Post
12.5 wks for me, and every week seems to get worse, actually.

I know what you mean.....instead of getting better, it just keeps getting worse . But I guess on the upside it means everything is going good!
#18 of 22 Old 07-22-2007, 02:51 AM

14 weeks and still feeling bad here.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#19 of 22 Old 07-23-2007, 04:33 PM
g&a

You know it's bad when:
Monday is your good day.
You leave work just thankful that you didn't throw yourself off the building today.

OK, phewph. had to post somewhere. I'm depressed about not being able to do anything anymore. I can't wait till I feel like myself again. We're apparenly at 14 weeks now. I haven't felt any movement yet, and am really feeling like this isn't real at all.
:
g.

Canadian mama to A (C/S May 2004) and R (induced VBAC Dec 2007) expecting #3 in July.  Currently obsessing over permaculture, photography and beekeeping.

#20 of 22 Old 07-23-2007, 05:10 PM

I dont have ms but I do have a cold coming on.. ughhh.. Im increasing my vit c but I think this ones here already oh well. on top of that, Im having to pack and move in 5 days - moving a family of 8.5 from jacksonville, fl to orlando. soo yeah, i feel like poo.. not to mention Im wrangling my 4 yr old, 2 yr old, and 1 yr old without dh since he had to start work in Orlando today lol.. so hes already down there and wont be back until Fri to help move.
#21 of 22 Old 07-23-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybean View Post
Everything grosses me out, I can't even walk into the bathroom without gagging and sometimes even puking. Which really sucks because I'm in the bathroom a lot.
So true! There's something about my bathroom that make me feel even worse! I'm 14 wks and, obviously, not feeling much better. The funny thing is, I went to nyc this weekend on a roadtrip and felt fine (!), though crabby at times. I stayed out later than usual and I did some walking. But now that I'm back home I feel like gagging all the time. Now I'm getting hot spells where I get dizzy... it's lovely. Eating is the only thing that helps. It's crazy how eating can make others feel worse, where for me it's my saving grace!
#22 of 22 Old 07-24-2007, 08:14 PM

i was feeling okay. tired but not sick, but that last few days ive been really queezy and no food sounds good.. i have heartburn as well and im always so tired. i need to do something new. im thinking of getting some bach flower remedies to see if they will help my energy level at all.
i have no idea why the nausia is back, but hopefully it will be short lived! ill be 16 weeks on friday:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page