I felt the baby!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 07-21-2007, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't had a midwife appt yet, so I've been a little anxious about things (even though I know we're good 'cause I'm still pukin'). I'm a little jealous of you guys hearin' heartbeats.
We won't see our midwife until mid August when we get back home to AZ.

We are still in St. Louis with my mom and dad for another week and I AM starting to feel better; I didn't even puke yesterday!!!! After we leave here we're going to Denver for 10 days where we'll meet DH at his sister and BIL's house and see is folks there for a few days. Then, we'll visit my bro in Breckenridge for a day or two.

I'm feeling really good today b/c I am feeling some little movements! ( I think it's because I caved and had coffee to combat the constipation )
I knew it would be earlier this time so I'm really excited, I remember it was earlier with #2, but it was still like 16wks. I'm at 13w, 5d today and feelin' flutters!!!!
#2 of 13 Old 07-21-2007, 02:53 PM

Cool! What did the movement feel like? How did you know it wasn't something else? (First pregnancy here, wondering what to look for.)

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#3 of 13 Old 07-21-2007, 05:25 PM

That is so awesome! My favorite part of pregnancy is feeling the baby move. Some women say they it hurt towards the end, but with dd, I loved each and every week she was moving inside me.

I am 15.5 weeks now, and have been feeling "flutters" for over a week now. Just a few days ago, dh began putting his hand on my belly when I feel the flutters, and amazingly he can feel very small vibrations. I do have to be quite still to notice them...sitting at the computer always works!

I am so happy for you!

Kristin

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#4 of 13 Old 07-21-2007, 08:56 PM

Oh that is so wonderful! I know I won't feel the baby yet, but when I'm sitting still (doesn't happen much) I always wonderful if he/she is moving around much. How great, so happy for you!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#5 of 13 Old 07-21-2007, 09:16 PM

Congrats! I cant wait until it starts feeling like more then just flutters and my DH can feel it too..

Tomorrow's 16 weeks, so hopefully it will be any day now.
#6 of 13 Old 07-21-2007, 09:49 PM

It's one of the best feelings in the whole world, isn't it?
I felt the baby about a week or so ago for the first time and it just took my breath away

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#7 of 13 Old 07-22-2007, 11:56 AM

With your First PG, you normally don't feel anything until about 20ish weeks, because you don't know what to look out for.

With my second i felt it at 15 weeks

I felt this bean at 12 weeks. I only feel it a few times a week, and i cant wait for more daily movement
#8 of 13 Old 07-22-2007, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by To-Fu View Post
Cool! What did the movement feel like? How did you know it wasn't something else? (First pregnancy here, wondering what to look for.)
I've been thinking about this. With my first, once I realized what I was feeling, I saw that I'd been feeling it for about a week, just didn't know what it was.

To describe it is hard. Imagine you are the water and the feeling is the bubbles in Perrier or something like that.

Chris
#9 of 13 Old 07-22-2007, 03:56 PM

If that is what it feels like then maybe I have been feeling something! I told my mom I felt some fizzies down there, and that maybe it was movement, but I didnt know. It has happened a few times now. I wonder if I am feeling the baby! How exciting!
#10 of 13 Old 07-22-2007, 08:28 PM

WAH! WHY am i not feeling movement?
W H Y ?

I'm further along than most everyone in this DDC, (due the very beginning of Jan), this is not my first baby....but still NOTHING!!!
Actually, today was the first time i have even been able to feel my uterus....just barely above my pubic bone!
Should I start worrying? I heard the HB at 10 weeks, but have not had another appt since. (we do limitied PNC and UC)

i'm starting to freak out that something happened...but Im STILL nauseous and sick! Ugh. Just...GROW baby..and KICK ! LOL!

CPST
#11 of 13 Old 07-22-2007, 11:33 PM

Jess:
No, I really don't think you should start worrying! I am due 1-9-08, so fairly close to you. To be honest, these movements would be very easy to miss, if I was not paying lots of attention to them. They are by no means strong kicks! I personally think it has a bit to do with the mother, her body size/type. I would be patient until around 20 weeks...

I hope you start to feel your baby soon!

Kristin

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#12 of 13 Old 07-22-2007, 11:56 PM

Jess - I agree with Kristin. I have been feeling the baby for awhile now but it isn't every day and it is so faint - kind of like hmm, was that the baby or just gas bubbles. It is getting more frequent now and a bit stronger - easier to be more confident that it is movement. I find that now since I am chasing after a toddler all the time I don't have time to sit and "feel", yk.

~~Mama to DS1 6/05 and DS2 12/07~~
#13 of 13 Old 07-24-2007, 08:18 PM

that's great!

i havn't had any midwife appointments or dr. visits so i too have been feeling kind of sad at not hearing a heartbeat.

ive been feeling the baby moving for about a week now and its so comforting...and to you who havn't felt it yet, it wont be long!! soon you wont be able to sleep because baby is having a dance party in your belly

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page