Low grade temp and headache in evenings - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-21-2007, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone experiencing this? My temp is like 99.2-.5 just a bit uncomfortable and I can cool down with some ice water but the headache is a dull ache that just keeps on. This started wednessday.
I dont know if Im fighting something off or if its just hormonal changes. I wish I would have kept a journal from my other pregnancies.
It doesnt help that my heart pounds when I stand up or move around alot. Which is pretty typical preggers symptoms but still.
Thanks
Angela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-22-2007, 12:39 AM

I hear you on the part about wishing I had kept a journal with my daugther (now 3 yrs). It would have been so helpful.

This happened to me last week. The headache lasted for 48 hours, this dull ache in the back of my head. I also kept feeling like I was sunburned, sort of warm and uncomfortable. I took 2 tylenol, because after over 24 hours of the headache still being there, I had had enough. The tylenol didn't help much, and I drastically increased my water intake. I also spent the entire evening with ice packs on my head. That helped a lot! (I don't know if I was running a low grade fever, I never took my temp...)

It seems like so many strange symptoms are "normal" symptoms during pregnancy. I dont know what was causing mine, and I am glad they are now gone. I suggest calling your OB or midwife if you feel like you are getting worried about it. I wasn't worried about mine, I often get lots of headaches, but you know your body...if it seems odd, I wouldn't hesitate to call and talk to someone.

Head to bed early tonight if you can! I hope your symtoms go away soon.

Kristin

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#3 of 3 Old 07-23-2007, 01:02 AM

I have had this with both pregnancies. When preg. with my first (I did keep a journal!) I actually tried looking up hot flashes during pregnancy. I took my temp and it was around 99 during the "flashes" (not that they were quickly over or anything). I don't remember how far along you are but I want to say by around the end of the first trimester the fever went away and the headaches became duller and eventually no more. I think it is hormonal because I really noticed it this time around whenever ds would nurse. I would get so uncomfortably hot - especially at night.

~~Mama to DS1 6/05 and DS2 12/07~~

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page