If you are finding out the sex, when? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 07-24-2007, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Will you find out at 18 weeks or 20 weeks? I am seeing my dr. tomorrow and am wantitng to schedule. Is 18 too early? I want to find out before I go back to school in August.
#2 of 17 Old 07-24-2007, 04:22 PM

I found out with the first two, and its driving me nuts that i can't know NOW! LOL!!

I found out at 20+21 Weeks with both first kiddos.

Probably the same with this one too!

I'm 13w3d's now. Not to far left
#3 of 17 Old 07-24-2007, 06:16 PM

Whenever my MW schedules me, probably about 20. I would have found out 13 weeks ago if I could haha. Anyway, about 7 weeks to go until then . . .

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#4 of 17 Old 07-24-2007, 07:08 PM

We are finding out August 17th..... by then I will be 19w, 4d. I could have scheduled anywhere from 18 weeks on, but I chose the 19 week appt for more accuracy, and because 3 days after the appointment, we are going home to see our family. I talk to my family everyday, and am scared I will spill the beans, if we have to wait too long!!!!!!!!! I did after all drive 6 hours in the middle of the night to tell my family we were pregnant! We are also planning to ask the u/s tech to not let us "see" but rather write it down, and put it in an envelope. Then DH and I will go out for a nice lunch, or do something nice like maybe go down to the oceanfront, and let him read me what it says! Its kind of unfair because the day I found out I was preggers was in the ER after staying there ALLLL night long..... from 8pm-10am. The doc came in about 6am, and said "we have interesting news"....... that was after I had a negative HPT the morning we went to the hospital with FMU, and when they took my urine that night at 11pm, that apparently had enough HCG in it to detect? HHHMMMMM.......... so when the doc came in he told me, "well, you have a ruptured cyst, and you're pregnant...... DH was sleeping in the car!!! So I called him in, but was very dissapointed that I had a negative test that morning cause it was our anniversary, and I had the perfect way to tell him, that allllllll went down the drain!!!!!!!!

So, we have to make this nice!!!!!! DH had to leave this morning for 2-weeks with work, so by the time he gets back, we will only have a week and half before our appointment....... hoping it goes fast!!!!!!! And we're pretty positive, at least I am from day 1, that we're having a boy!!!!!! My sister is on her 2nd pregnancy in two years, her babies will wind up being less than a year apart, and both are boys..... so everyone keeps telling us its a girl, but we think different!!!!!

Oh, and a friend last night who said she would put money on the "fact" that we're having a girl, was 2 seconds from putting a 4-d u/s on her credit card yesterday being that I hit 16 weeks. Ha..... ummmm, no........ but we are finding out about 19 1/2 weeks, and that will be August 17th...... so 24 days, and counting!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm, that was a long post!

Any creative ideas on how to tell family being there is so much debate???
#5 of 17 Old 07-24-2007, 08:22 PM

With my first two I found out at 16 weeks each time. I would do the same this time, too, but we decided to be surprised this time around

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#6 of 17 Old 07-24-2007, 08:31 PM

i found out pretty early like 18 weeks of so with ds...i don't think that my midwife this time offers an ultrasound until much later in the pregnancy like 32 weeks or something. this is to check the position of the placenta. i don't know if i can wait that long. it is sort of bothering me. maybe i could beg her. how are you suposed to pick names or buy stuff in just six to eight weeks? i know people do it but i like to be prepared and i already have a boy and want girl stuff so bad so if i can buy pink frilly stuff i want to bad.
#7 of 17 Old 07-25-2007, 09:34 AM

i only found out with kayleigh, and i think it was around 18 weeks? they were only giving me 70% girl or something, though, lol. still bought all pink.

this time we might find out. if i have an ultrasound, it would be around 18-19 weeks, the end of august. not sure how i'd tell dh since he's deployed, lol. probably through email asap. i'm horrible with secrets!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#8 of 17 Old 07-25-2007, 10:29 AM

We will be finding out on Aug. 17 at 20 weeks exactly.
I found out with DD1 @ 17 weeks, and with DD2 @ 21 weeks (?).

I could have chosen 18 weeks, but I decided to wait until 20 weeks because I do not want any doubts. I want to know that I know.

Also, this will be a special trip to the OB's office, and I don't want to have to make the trip twice.

--LEE
#9 of 17 Old 07-25-2007, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I made the appointment today for 19 weeks (August 14). It feels safer then 18 weeks, and since I am a teacher and students will be back on the 15th of August, I wont have to skip out of work. How exciting! Thanks for everyone's input!
#10 of 17 Old 07-25-2007, 01:12 PM

I have to wait until 21 weeks because DH is on a trip for 2 weeks, inconveniently it falls during the time I'm 18-20 weeks. Oh well, what's one more week, eh? So the big u/s is labor day weekend sometime (we're visiting in-laws for the weekend and letting Grandpa-my FIL-do the big u/s since he's an u/s tech!).

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#11 of 17 Old 07-25-2007, 02:33 PM

Mine is scheduled for August 22 :heart I cannot wait anylonger! A note to first time mamas, and those who are not very confrontational... at my SIL's last appt. her Dr. told her they would do an US at the next appt, and the nurse would call to confirm it. No one called but SIL assumed it was all in place. Bro SIL went to appt. on Monday and they had FORGOT to schedule it!!! Now they have to wait another week (I am SO not impressed w/ her Dr.), take off work again, ect. The Dr also suspects twins and told her at her last appt, then didn't even both to have an US confirm? Sounds strange to me, she is 5 weeks ahead of me, so 20 weeks now. Make SURE you double check that the appt. is made correctly!
#12 of 17 Old 07-25-2007, 02:42 PM

Mine is scheduled for 8/22 as well. I'll be 20w5d at that point, and I would have gone in earlier but my MW said the perinatalogist will be on vacation. I'm pretty antsy...

wife to DH since 10/03, mama to DS (12/07)
also mom to small zoo: 3 snakes, 4 and one very lovable pit bull
#13 of 17 Old 07-26-2007, 01:27 AM

My appt is Aug 3rd....I will be 17 weeks exactly. I'm not worried since at 12 weeks they gave me a preliminary guess already.
#14 of 17 Old 07-26-2007, 01:56 PM

i just checked and with ds we had an ultrasound at 17w3d. they were able to identify that he was a boy. ofcourse they could have just been guessing. they had a 50% chance of being right.
#15 of 17 Old 07-26-2007, 08:59 PM

I'll be 19w1d at the u/s on August 30. I'm pretty excited! We didn't find out with the first pregnancy, and this (second) will be our last. Can't wait!
#16 of 17 Old 07-27-2007, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
My appt is Aug 3rd....I will be 17 weeks exactly. I'm not worried since at 12 weeks they gave me a preliminary guess already.
Wow, 12 weeks? That's nuts! What did they say the accuracy rate was for predicting the sex that early?

I am more than a little jealous.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#17 of 17 Old 07-28-2007, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by To-Fu View Post
Wow, 12 weeks? That's nuts! What did they say the accuracy rate was for predicting the sex that early?

I am more than a little jealous.
It was like 97%....the just don't like to because the testicles haven't descended yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page