Braxton hicks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-25-2007, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It seems so early to be experiencing this, but I've felt them a few times now.
I'm about 15 weeks. I was lying in bed reading last night (and then it happened again this evening) and noticed the tightening in my uterus. It lasted for quite a while. I'm not dehydrated, so I know that's not the problem. I haven't been getting enough sleep this week, though. I'm taking a one-week intensive course and I'm just exhausted.
I don't remember feeling it quite this early with my other two. I'll have to check to see what I wrote down last time.
Just wondering if any of you have experienced this, too.

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 07-25-2007, 11:49 PM

B-H have been recorded on monitors around 6 weeks but normally aren't noticed until much later in pregnancy. I'm 19 weeks and started feeling them about two weeks ago only when I was lying on my stomach. Now I can feel them when I'm upright if I'm carrying a child against my front side.

~BV
#3 of 15 Old 07-26-2007, 03:30 PM

In my last pg, with ds#2, I had bh throughout the entire pregnancy. This time around, I've only felt them once or twice and I'm almost 15 weeks. I think it's normal to feel them early on and normal if you don't - lol.
#4 of 15 Old 07-26-2007, 05:50 PM

I can feel them already, usually after intercourse. I kind of like them. I think of them as uterine exercise and hugs for the baby....corny I know

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
#5 of 15 Old 07-29-2007, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilylove View Post
I can feel them already, usually after intercourse. I kind of like them. I think of them as uterine exercise and hugs for the baby....corny I know
Sandy, I liked it, too It felt so cool.. I know I'll probably think differently later on when they're non stop, but it was just neat.

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
#6 of 15 Old 07-29-2007, 08:07 PM

I had them at 17 weeks, about a week ago. It kind of scared me with my history of pre-term labor. I've relaxed about it now as they haven't reappeared.
#7 of 15 Old 07-29-2007, 09:34 PM

I get them when I am not hydrated enough and when I have the big "O"! I started having bh with this pregnancy at about 10 weeks.
Angela
#8 of 15 Old 07-30-2007, 11:42 AM

I've already started noticing them, probably last week, and I'm 14 weeks now. I don't remember feeling them until much later with ds.
#9 of 15 Old 07-30-2007, 06:34 PM

This is my first pregnancy + I was wondering what Braxton-Hicks contractions feel like. How will I know if I get them? Who knows... I may have already felt them... or not.
#10 of 15 Old 07-30-2007, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

vlasta- for me it's just like a tightening- not uncomfortable- it just makes me all of a sudden very aware of my uterus and exactly where it is. It grabs your attention and lasts a little while (maybe 30 seconds?) and then fades away.

#11 of 15 Old 07-30-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlasta216 View Post
This is my first pregnancy + I was wondering what Braxton-Hicks contractions feel like. How will I know if I get them? Who knows... I may have already felt them... or not.
I feel them like a tightening like mama2babybeans described. With my first I was pregnant in the mid-90s and would tell my DH to touch my belly because I thought if felt like I had *Abs of Steel*.

It's typical not to feel BH cx until 24 to 26 or 28 weeks in a first pregnancy and much earlier in subsequent pregnancies. Being my eighth pregnancy I'm experiencing "Extremely lower Abs of Steel*.

~BV
#12 of 15 Old 07-30-2007, 09:10 PM

Lol! I've been thinking about this thread b/c I first thought you guys were crazy feeling them this early. I felt zero the entire term w/ DS and only the last 2 months w/ dd, but I've felt them at least five or six times this last week! and ummm, not the 'usual' times Just makes me more aware of my uterus.

btw, slightly ot, is anyone else uncomfortable leaning over at the waist?? I've noticed that a time or two too.
#13 of 15 Old 08-03-2007, 12:32 AM

My first BH this pg was at 9 weeks, and I've gotten them often since then. I'm one of the ones that gets them early and often though! My first pregnancy (for the poster who was curious) I felt my first one at about 20 weeks. Some women don't feel them at all until late in the pregnancy, or even the week they are due. I assume some women never get them.

I like mine - they are such a part of pregnancy for me at this point, it's almost like feeling the little kicks. Not quite ... but almost. I dig it.

~ Colleen ~ Joyful Unschooling Pagan mama to hearts.gifenergy.gifsuperhero.gifjog.gif and babyf.gif
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."
#14 of 15 Old 08-03-2007, 01:35 PM

The only contractions I had (before labor) in my first pregnancy was after intercourse. Those are really cool. DH loved to feel my belly. I doubt they happened before 25 weeks though.

Pregnancy#2 is a blur . . . I was still nursing DD1, but I swore I didn't have contractions.

This time, I've felt a few (less than 5) all in the last 2 weeks, and I'm almost 18 weeks.

Like the PP's have said, it a tightening. They aren't painful, just tight.
--LEE
#15 of 15 Old 08-05-2007, 12:16 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm almost 17 wks and noticed them very much yesterday. Dh noticed too with his hand on my belly and said he actually noticed it a week or two ago. I don't remember having them this early with dd. Okay uterus, do your exercises! Mama needs you to be nice and strong for this round!

So you're not alone.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page