has anyone else turned into a raging crazy lady?!? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-30-2007, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so I noticed a HUGE difference in my attitude lately...... the poor dog..... i feel sooooo bad for him! I have been SNAPPING on everyone lately...... I thought 2nd trimester you get all relaxed and everything.... apparently not. I am a military wife, and I moved 6 hours away from the only life I knew for 19 years, couple months later I was married at 19, and have been very happily married for 2 1/2 years. My husband has got a great deal of attitude from me lately, but thank God work took him across country for 2 1/2 weeks. My brother, who is 15 months younger than me, moved in with us about 2 months ago, and these past couple of weeks I have been yelling at him for everything..... I even yell that he doesnt vaccuum my carpets right..... i should be glad that someone is doing it for me! Im not an invalid, but I do have a sub-chorionic hematoma (pretty large blood clot) in my uterus, and at 6 1/2 weeks preggers, I was told to treat myself like I was on bed rest. Well, basically I cant stand him! He does do a lot for me, especially when my husband isnt here, but it just seems I cant appreciate him.

Well, I dont have a lot of friends down here, and I have lived here for the past 3 years. A girl who was my neighbor, and turned into my best, and pretty much only friend for the past 3 years and has been an awesome support system for me (our husbands got deployed together, and they will be again next year)...... well, I completely ruined my whole friendship with her. I snapped (with some good reason), but mostly once I started I couldnt stop. I pretty much said some things that I knew she would NEVER forgive me for, and I hurt her really bad. Well..... the whole friendship went down the drain in a period of an hour, and I know there is just no getting it back. It really hurts me, not because I lost a friend, but because I hurt her so much. I just know there is absolutely no reconciling, and that kills me. Well, when I was yelling at my brother the other day, he said "you're going to lose me as a friend too", and it has been bothering me.

I am not depressed at all, and its not normal for me to be like this (other than I am a Gemini) and I could get hot-blooded at certain times, like when AF was near, but at this point, I dont know what to do about it. Its like I cant control myself, and a few weeks ago, I even punched my brother in the face a few times.

Is there any reason that I turned into a raging bi*ch..... I cant stand being like this, and hurting the people I love.

This is a completely planned and wanted pregnancy. Our financial situation is pretty strong, and we feel completely ready for this, but more and more people keep telling me I am distancing myself, and I have been acting strange?!? I am not stressed, nor do I think I am depressed. 99% of the time I am a very happy go-lucky kind of person, but lately, it seems like there is no stopping me. What should I do? And can somebody please tell me I am semi-normal?
#2 of 7 Old 07-30-2007, 07:31 AM

ok, i don't know if you're normal or not, because although i WANT to punch my brother in the face sometimes, i stopped doing that several years ago.

seriously, though... i have so much less patience now than i usually do, and this was true of my last pregnancy too. the second trimester is good in many ways, but i think it is normal for many women to sort of become "mama bears" and really focus on their own needs and the needs of the growing baby, to the exclusion of others.

it does sound like you could use some support (midwife, church, counseling provided through the military??) that really focuses on you and how you're feeling, because whether or not you're depressed it sounds like your actions are going against your intentions. some good talks might help you sort all of that out.

maybe your friend would be responsive to a sincere apology? it might take time, if the wounds are deep, but you definitely won't reconcile if you don't try.

living away from your lifelong support system, getting ready to have a baby, your husband being deployed.... under those circumstances i'd be pretty angry too!
#3 of 7 Old 07-30-2007, 10:56 AM
g&a

even if you don't reconcile with your friend, an appology would probably make you feel better about the situation. Sounds like you left it in a bad spot.

g.

Canadian mama to A (C/S May 2004) and R (induced VBAC Dec 2007) expecting #3 in July.  Currently obsessing over permaculture, photography and beekeeping.

#4 of 7 Old 07-30-2007, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Being pregnant can be rough on your emotions. Call your friend. Tell her you feel awful and want to apologize. Give it some time, she may be able to put it behind her and be friends again. I have had friendships go through ups and downs and the ones where we fought a bit have always been strong. But it does take sometime to sooth hurt feelings. At least try. Friendships are worth saving.

I know how you feel though. And I went off on a woman I didn't know last night at a BBQ. She said some really ignorant things; how legalizing prostitution would decrease child sex predators. Huh? Really not the same thing, but she just kept going with it and I finally let her have it. Kerpow! This is something I know a lot about and I just couldn't let it drop. I feel badly, she and I will never be friends for many reasons, but I could have held my tongue a bit. But pregnancy makes my emotions HOT, HOT, HOT!

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#5 of 7 Old 07-30-2007, 01:53 PM

thankfully i don't have a temper, lol, but i do seemed to get annoyed easily.

the other night someone was mowing their lawn in the dark. both my kids were asleep, it wasn't bugging them, but i just thought it was the stupidest thing ever.

my next door neighbors always leave their trashcans out for a couple days after trash day. it makes it look like their MY cans and it drives me nuts because i pull mine back as soon as the truck pulls away.

same neighbors put their bulk trash out last thursday. trash day is tomorow. it looks like crap, and since we share a front yard, we share their trash pile.

definitely menial stuff i usually don't let get to me, but it's driving me crazy, lol. i've almost pulled thier trashcans back every week for the past month. :X

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#6 of 7 Old 07-30-2007, 03:08 PM

you might want to talk to your midwife, doctor, or a naturopath about some sort of suplement you might could take. i know there are things you can take or eat to helf with depression during pregnancy, so there might also being something for this situation. maybe cod liver oil.
it is normal to be crazy. i have been lately. definately more irritable, but if you think yours might be a little extreme you might want to investigate possible therapies.
(((huggs)))
#7 of 7 Old 07-31-2007, 02:15 AM

I'm a really moody mean preggo lady. In fact, after my best friend didn't speak to me for 4 months after my first baby, I decided to protect all my loved ones after that.
So, I get preggo, send out an email annoucing (or I call) that i'm preggo and they they should not expect to see or hear much from me until I've finished gestating as I want them to still like me when it's over. Occassionally someone gets huffy about it, and bless her heart, my best friend will call that person and tell them that really, I'm doing them a huge favor and they get over it.
This has worked wonders for me and I have kept all my favorite people loving me!

Aren't hormones fun?

Kimber

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page