sooooooooo freaking exhausted. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-04-2007, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good gracious. :yawning: I woke up at 3am this morning 'cause cletus decided my bladder looked like a beanbag or something. I was up to pee about every 30 minutes. Got out of bed at the bracing hour of 5:30 to get ready for work, worked my 12 hour shift, which was just exhausting and full of patients who just drained the hell out of me.

I'm scared now, my stupid right hip keeps popping out (the head of the femur pops out of the ball and socket joint ever so slightly, pinching the cartilage ring around it...this is what my ortho doc says, anyway...all I know is it hurts and makes my leg buckle). It is doing it more and more and more, and I'm really starting to get scared...what if I end up being bedridden or something horrid?? For those of you that don't know, I have a congenital hip deformity that causes this stuff to happen...nothing they can do about it until the bone just wears itself down, then I'll eventually get a hip replacement (yay).

My hips didn't go wonky until 31 weeks with ds, so that was tolerable...I'm just worried that my body is gonna go kaput.

I am tired and cranky right now. I want to go to sleep. Ds doesn't go to sleep until 10:30-ish, and that's of course with me rocking him.
#2 of 10 Old 08-04-2007, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

So, apparently google ads read your mind.....: ...I saw an ad for this doohickey as I logged off, and checked it out.

So have any of you all used it ever? Does it help? I wonder....
#3 of 10 Old 08-04-2007, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Finch, do you have help at home to care for ds so you can get some rest?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#4 of 10 Old 08-05-2007, 12:27 AM

Gosh that thing looks like torture! They do have wraps without the suspenders that will help support your hips...My hips pop out frequently and I had my pelvis separate last pregnancy so I am sure that I will need one this time around...it around hurts to stand on one leg and you can forget about it when my hip pop out...I damn near fall on the ground!

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#5 of 10 Old 08-05-2007, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emese'sMom View Post
Finch, do you have help at home to care for ds so you can get some rest?
Nope. *shrug* I mean, yeah, there's dh...but he works full time.

I slept okay last night, thank goodness. Still pretty tired, it always takes me much longer to recover from work these days. Guess I'm getting OLD.
#6 of 10 Old 08-05-2007, 03:58 PM

Is there any chance you can grab a nap today?

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#7 of 10 Old 08-05-2007, 04:37 PM

{{{HUGS}}} I'm sorry about the hip pain. I can't imagine how bad that must hurt. And here I am whining about a little syatic nerve pain. I hope you get some relief and don't end up on bedrest for the majority of your pregnancy.

And on a side note, my IPs nicknamed this little bean Cletus, too, lol!

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#8 of 10 Old 08-05-2007, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2babybeans View Post

Is there any chance you can grab a nap today?
Yeah, dh let me catch a nap. :yawning: Cletus still thinks my bladder is a beanbag.
#9 of 10 Old 08-05-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
Yeah, dh let me catch a nap. :yawning: Cletus still thinks my bladder is a beanbag.
Glad you were able to catch a nap
These little guys sure can bounce around, can't they!?

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#10 of 10 Old 08-05-2007, 11:13 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I am exhausted and not working 12 hour shifts. I hope some good sleep is headed your way.

And that thing is just ugly enough to be effective. I wore a belly bra with my last babe and it was heavenly. I don't know about your hip, but for me it did help take some of the pressure off my groin. I would be wearing it now, except that it is so frickin hot that I can hardly stand wearing underwear. I have heat rash in places I don't want to talk about. Let's just say that diaper rash cream is heavenly stuff.

Get some good sleep, Finch. :yawning:

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page