throwing up at 20 weeks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-08-2007, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi
I had regular garden variety nausea and tiredness for the first trimester. Felt great weeks 13 through 18. Now here I am at week 19 going into 20 and have started to throw up in the morning. Full on puking. I started throwing up in the third month with my daughter and did it on and off to the end but thought I missed it with this one. Why would I start this late in the game?
Kathy
#2 of 6 Old 08-08-2007, 12:45 PM

Hmm... I'm not sure. Maybe try eating before you even leave the bed in the morning? If that doesn't help (it didn't help me this time around), when you wake up for a bathroom break in the middle of the night, eat something. I wasn't because I'm trying to control my weight gain but I did a few times and discovered I didn't heave as my feet hit the floor that way.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#3 of 6 Old 08-08-2007, 02:27 PM

I still puke every day. I'm 18.3 weeks. If you're having abdominal pain/tenderness and/or fever and you can't keep anything down, you should seek treatment. If you're just barfing in the morning, I'd do what the pp said, eat something small in the middle of the night when you get up to pee.
#4 of 6 Old 08-08-2007, 03:10 PM

yep, I throw up in the morning if I don't eat something right away. Last Sunday we went out to eat for breakfast so I didn't eat for a while and not only did I puke but I felt sick the rest of the day. I keep some saltines handy to eat right away. Hopefully that will help!

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#5 of 6 Old 08-09-2007, 12:06 AM

With my last pregnancy I threw up every day no matter what I ate/didn't eat.

For me it was issues with sugar, so I kept some gum or mints handy when I felt like I wanted to get sick.

This time around I was sick up until week 15, had a break, and am getting a little quesy again as I near week 17.

Oh, it could also be hormonal...I've noticed that near those "milestone times" (like week 17 when baby starts adding fat), my hormones start getting all wonky and my breast throb, my belly is quesy and my ability to thermo-regulate flies out the window.

I hope you feel better soon.
#6 of 6 Old 08-09-2007, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice everyone. I tried eating in the middle of the night last night and it worked. No throwing up this morning! The idea of it being a hormone surge makes a lot of sense to me ......... I am always curious about these things. (Yes, I want to know how to stop throwing up but I also REALLY like to understand WHY I am throwing up - if you know what I mean.) Thanks again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page