Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Des Moines Iowa
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am just so torn over this. I am having a homebirth and my mw says the decision is up to me whether or not to have a sonogram done. She says she can order one for 20 weeks and that the medical card will cover one.
|I didnt have one with my last pregnancy and felt fine about it but this time I kinda want one for my own piece of mind.|
|I know that there is no proof that sonos are dangerous but there is no proof that their not either. I do have the doppler to check the hb but only for like 10 seconds so sheryl can get a number for the heartrate. A level 2 sono would be like 45 minutes long. Can you get one that is shorter? SOmething to just check for heart problems or whatnot.|
|When I think of the likelyhood of having problems I am reassured because the likelyhood is pretty low......but still.|
|What have you all decided?
I am NOT getting one this time. For me it has nothing to do with my home birth if I was in the hospital I wouldn't be having one either. I am not finding out the sex and even if something did show up on it that would not effect my outlook on this pregnancy.
Plus both of my previous pregnancies my babes hated the ultrasound they moved all around trying to get away from the horrible noise.
I just don't want to put this babe through that as well.
You know, we've been thinking about this alot. I have a friend who was 2 weeks ahead of me. Around 13/14 weeks, she had an u/s because she had 2 previous m/c. It turns out her baby had a small head (I'm sure there's a medical name for it) and she was told that the best case senerio was that her baby would die right after birth. So they urged her to end her pregnancy. I would never want to make that choice. If I found out something was "wrong" with my baby, I wouldn't want to have to decide whether or not to keep it. No mother should have to decide that. So that is a huge factor in opting out of the u/s this time around.
Well, that and I don't have a doctor.
|The US is so often wrong about size by quite a bit why are they so sure about the head size now. What did your friend decide? Why would it be better to terminate anyways, is it better for her physically? I would think it would be pretty hard on her on so many levels.
I think I would want baby to live out its life in the safety and warmth surrounded by my love inside me and have a peaceful passing if that is what I was faced with but the stress and sadness of knowing would about kill me.I would rather be blissfully ignorant. Im just not good at waiting!!! But I am working on that and feel much better about my decision not to have an us.
|16 members and 13,031 guests|
|BirthFree , Deborah , Elvia Adanarhi , girlspn , JMK74 , joandsarah77 , katelove , MarioFantini , moominmamma , oaksie68 , philomom , pulcetti , RollerCoasterMama , rubelin , seap3 , thefragile7393|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 01:21 PM.|