~September Chat Thread~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-04-2007, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas!!!

Happy Autumn!!!

Although it certainly doesn't feel like it yet. I'm loving the Indian Summer up here in the mountains - but looking forward to the cool, brisk air of the fall and the changing aspens...

Ummm...is anyone else's belly getting visibly bigger every day? I'm popping like crazy with #2.

As for laundry in our neck of the woods...DH is taking care of it all today! Yay hooray! I've been working like crazy all week (last 7 days) and am completely pooped, so DH is my rockstar today, making dinner and doing all the laundry. Gotta love (and savor) these days!

Right now I'm trying to convince DD that drawing on her paper would be a much better idea than drawing (in ink pen) on her feet. Not as easy as I'd hope, as DH is always drawing little smilie faces on her hands . Off to redirect...

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2007, 11:01 AM

I cannot wait until the weather starts to cool off a bit! We are just coming out of about a month of 100+ degree days. I cannot believe its September already!

I am huge. Enormous. Gigantic.

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:06 AM

It hasn't been too bad here. It gets hot in the house around 4 or 5 because of the afternoon sun burning into the front of the house, but we haven't had to run the a/c for about a week now. It's nice!

I'm feeling pretty huge. A week ago I could fit into my fat jeans from before I was pregnant with our first, but now they're really tight on my belly. Of course, all my maternity pants are still too big, so I'm living in PJ pants right now because I refuse to buy more clothes that I'll only wear for a month.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:06 AM

Fall, what's that? Oh yeah, that's when our leaves turn brown and fall off in January! Hahaha! Actually September is nice here- starts only being in the upper 80's instead of mid-90's all the time. I can't wait until the first official day of fall so I can decorate though, we pretend it's fall!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:29 AM

Hi all
I'm looking forward to fall. This is big apple country where I live and fall means apple picking and cider and doughnuts In fact our fav cider mill opens for the season tomorrow, and we will be there!!!!
Today we go to meet my Dd's kindergarten teacher. She is so nervous. I really hope it goes well. Thursday is her first day. I know she will love it once she relaxes and gives it half a chance. <sigh>

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
Old 09-04-2007, 11:50 AM

After having the whole summer to relax, I'm back at work today for the first day of school. Usually I'm so weepy about having to go back to work and having dd in daycare and not spending all day with her, but this time I keep telling myself that it's only 3.5 months, just until Christmas break.

I am also popping out big time. I am absolutely enormous already. I ran into a friend two days ago that is three weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy (both on our second babies), and you can't tell she's pregnant. Me - I've already got strangers asking when I'm due. I'm freaking huge. I'm terrified to think how big I'll be by my due date. Will I even be able to walk by then?!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Bear View Post
I'm terrified to think how big I'll be by my due date. Will I even be able to walk by then?!
I know! I gained 52 lbs with my first pregnancy, but I didn't show this much at this point. This time around, I've barely gained any weight at all so far (like 6 lbs, and most of that was in the 3 weeks before I knew I was pregnant), but I'm already getting gigundo! I'm going to feel like a beach ball with legs.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:45 PM

No fall weather here yet, still in the 90's. At least its not 100's anymore. Blah. I am sooooo tired of summer, come on fall!

I just got the rest of my homeschooling books I ordered and I'm excited to start "officially" homeschooling. Ds1 seems excited, though you never can tell with him! Just working on meeting up with the local homeschooling group-should be interesting to see how he does with that.

You know, some days I feel huge and others I worry that I'm too small. I'm probably just crazy! I am feeling plenty of movement now, finally (anterior placenta) so thats exciting. DH was able to feel some kicking for the first time, too.

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

Old 09-04-2007, 01:29 PM

I was looking at myself in the mirror last night before taking a bath, and I noticed that for the first time in my life, my belly sticks out farther than my boobs. That's a weird feeling.

DH is back in school this fall, as well as working full time. We drove home from visiting in-laws yesterday, and I drove the entire way so he could do homework in the car (about 8 1/2 hours). I was SOOOOO tired last night. He got up at 6 this morning and I didn't even hear his alarm!! I'm typically a light sleeper, so that's a first!! It's across the room so he has to actually get up and walk across the room to turn it off. I didn't wake up until an hour later when the dog wanted to be let out.

I'm also looking forward to apple season. I make my own applesauce and I'm going to try to make extra this year since we'll have another little mouth a year from now.

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for starting this riverundine!

Early fall has started to hit here which means it is still in the 90s during the day, but actually cools off during the night!
This week is our county fair, which we normally are very busy participating in but actually decided last night to not take any animal projects this year. We were originally just cutting back to just the 2 older girls taking small calves (we usually take anywhere from 5 - 15 head). But the calf #2 was going to take died a month ago, and we have not had much time to work #1 calf as normal (dh has had a VERY busy summer - much more than normal) and while dh or I could lead her, dd can not. And she started kicking yesterday, dh, DD and I all got kicked and now all the calf has to do it lift her leg and dd lets go and the calf is free. If we had another month it would be fine, but animals go in tomorrow night.

I am a bit sad, I like doing the fair (we camp there for 5 days and it is lots of the people I went to school with now back as parents, so lots of gossip and catching up), but it will be kinda nice to just go and see the fair and not worry about anything else, plus it does get tiring and stressful being their constantly for 5 days. We have not just gone to the fair in over 5 years.

I am really showing too, much more than usual, but at my u/s this baby measured 1 day ahead, while all my others were about a week smaller. I had people last week ask me when I was due and were REALLY surprised that it was Jan and not next month!

I am cleaning my house today, we spent all weekend at the corrals, working calves, so it is really a mess, plus I am going to do a deep cleaning/organizing of #2 and #2's bedroom today and tomorrow, it has not been done in a while and is over due

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
Old 09-04-2007, 01:35 PM

We haven't had a great summer here - we've had on and off hot weather, but punctuated by rain and chilly temps. Fall has been here for a couple of weeks already, I'd say, but it's alright by me. I love canning, harvesting, preserving, baking for the freezer...dh and I did 100 lbs of peaches last weekend, and I've made 4 batches of jam this past week. Once we pick enough blackberries, I'm going to make jam and pies, and he's going to make wine!

I definitely look pregnant now, but I wouldn't say I'm huge just yet. I'll get there by the end, though. Happy first day of school, to all you teachers and moms of kids in school!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 09-04-2007, 06:02 PM

Yay! It's September! One month closer, and August is finally over! It's still hot here (Missouri) but it's much cooler than it has been. It's also cooler in the evenings now. We really need some rain, though! I found out about a girl who had twin boys last year and I called her today and am going to look at some clothing she has for sale tomorrow. Hopefully I can get started on stuff for my boys! I am also shopping Gymboree.com 's Baby Sale which starts tomorrow. The regular priced stuff will be marked down to $10 and $20 price points, and I Have an extra 20% off coupon! I haven't bought my girls anything for fall yet, so I need to get them quite a bit! I haven't decided if I"m getting anything for the boys yet, I probably should as the blankets and sleepers will all be $8 each, can't beat that! They also have preemie sizes which I can't even find in my rinky-dink part of the country!

I am really popping out now! I need to put up my 20 week pic I took last week. I am starting to waddle and "feel" pregnant (all the aches and pains that go along with it!). I think I can get thru Sept. and maybe 1/2 of October before I am too big to go anywhere. I scheduled PG pics for the first part of October and also my girls fall pics outside. I haven't had them done since last summer, so it's about time! They are doing strawbales and barrels of apples outside, I think it'll look great and also different than the usual pics.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:04 PM

It won't start to feel like fall here until Halloween.

What do you gals take for acid reflux when pregnant? I've never had an issue with it before but I've felt like I've had ice water crawling up my throat for the past several days and I'm guessing that's what it is. Of course it could be because I ate like a fool all weekend. Bbq, fast food, cookies galore.

My husband just decided recently that he wasn't going to eat pork anymore which I totally forgot when making our dinner, a bread/tomato salad and added bacon. *sigh*

The babe decided to move into a low position today right before I left to pick the kids up from school. It's a ten minute or so walk and the way he was sitting in there made me waddle. Lovely! If only the belly size matched the waddle.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:07 PM

Chavaleh, if you don't have any issues with dairy, a glass of milk can help with mild acid reflux. I can't do dairy, so on bad days I run around with a bottle of Maalox in hand, taking a little swig every now and then. It works.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:43 PM

Thanks queenbean, I'll give the milk a try.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessmcg View Post
I am really showing too, much more than usual, but at my u/s this baby measured 1 day ahead, while all my others were about a week smaller. I had people last week ask me when I was due and were REALLY surprised that it was Jan and not next month!
yep...that's where i'm at, too. i almost dread when people ask when i'm due. i've just started laughing when i say january...and then quickly change the subject or leave the scene. one of my patients the other day just kept asking me if i was sure. arrrr-ugula. it's hard to not give a sarcastic answer and just stay sweet and nice.

soooo tired today. all the work of last week has caught up with me and it's apparently rest and rejuvenate time for me...as much as possible with a 2 year old, moving to another state in 4 weeks, running my own alternative health care practice, having 2 other WAHM jobs (with students and interns), and getting a business plan ready to open a restaurant in the new town by Nov. 1st : . yep, i'm dizzy. i keep thinking, "what am i missing in my diet? iron? b? protein?" nope, i think it's stillness. i feel like this baby must love action, cuz there's not much sitting still. with dd we lived at an ashram and all i did was my internship, meditate, and swim in the river. it's a little different this time around .

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

Old 09-05-2007, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavaleh View Post
What do you gals take for acid reflux when pregnant? I've never had an issue with it before but I've felt like I've had ice water crawling up my throat for the past several days and I'm guessing that's what it is. Of course it could be because I ate like a fool all weekend. Bbq, fast food, cookies galore.
i'd definitely chalk it up to the food. if you have a moment, google an acid/alkaline food list. if you alkalize your gut by balancing your diet to the alkaline side you will eliminate the acid reflux. this is the best way to deal with the symptom - eliminate the cause. you can get symptomatic relief with papaya enzyme tablets from your local health food store.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:04 AM

I also love fall but it never came last year so i don't expect it to this year either.

I have been in a really creative mood lately. I made two little girls dresses yesturday and a throw blanket for my son. i have no girls yet so i'll probably sell the dresses. i just felt like making something.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:02 AM

Wow, it's SO much fun reading about all of your fall activities and harvests! I think I'll enjoy fall vicariously through you all this year! I can almost taste those yummy peaches! Then when you are all freezing and cold in January, you can live warmly through me, hehehehe!

Have to share some excitement- we find out today when our US is!!!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOO excited I can hardly stand it!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:50 PM

Good Luck at you US tomorrow! Hope baby cooperates!

It actually feels a little fall-ish here today, it rained yesterday and today it looks like fall! Last night I made veggies soup for the first time this year, I just love when it starts to feel like fall! Of course it's still in the 70s outside, but when you've had 90-100 degree days for so long this feels cool

I went to that lady's house yesterday taht had twins and bought 27 matching/coordinating outfit sets (or 54 outfits) for $130! Not bad IMO! I got a variety of sizes from preemie, newborn, 0-3, 3-6 and even some 6-9 for next summer! I gave her my number to call and let me know when she had more stuff ready to sell. I know I don't have everything I"ll need, but at least it's a start! I can fil in with gifts and a few items here and there that I find that I just LOVE I will say that everything had baby blue in it, so I am on the lookout for cute clothes in brigher/other colors besides baby blue! I only plan on buying a handful of outfits so I am going to be choosey! I also placed a Gymbo order for my girls yesterday (it was an expensive day!) for some stuff for fall. My 4.5 year old is in 5s and has literally ONE LS size 5 shirt! SHe does have a few 4s that will be okay for fall, so I am trying to just get what I had to have. My 2 year old has tons of hand-me-downs, so she just needed a few nicer things. Gymboree is having a great sale right now if any of you are looking to buy baby stuff, $10 and $20 for the newer lines, plus you earn Gymbucks! I think the jammies are only $10 and so are the blankets! I didn't get any, but they are a great buy! There is also a 20% off coupon floating around (I had one) to make things only $8 and $16!

After all of my running around, going to the grocery stores and carrying my toddler in the rain, I guess I overdid it, b/c I ended up in SEVERE pain all afternoon/night. It felt like I had already had the babies! Super sore, but today I am feeling much better! I think I just really over-did it (although I only went to that girls house and the grocery store, but carrying hte 2 year old must have put to omuch pressure on things down there).

Well Happy Fall!
Old 09-06-2007, 03:05 PM

We're already chatting more than in August - it must be the cooler temps!

Ds had a horrible night Tuesday, up 1.5 hrs with teething. This used to be the norm for him, but I'm soooo much more used to sleeping now, that night really did me in. Yesterday I kinda overdid it too, so I was resting on the couch by 5:30 while dh finished dinner prep. Feeling better today - ds was up once last night but dh let me sleep through it - but I'm not looking forward to the weeks/months until ds finishes this teething business...only 4 molars to go!

#3 has been kicking up a storm lately, my belly feels like there's a tornado in there. Dh has been able to feel the kicks outside, which is a thrill - it makes this pregnancy so much more real. I haven't even started looking for baby things yet...partly because I don't know the sex. I'll have to go with neutral colours until baby makes an appearance. I'm thinking girl this time, but I keep second guessing myself...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 09-06-2007, 03:40 PM

Happy september, everyone.

I just stuffed myself on a pepperoni roll for lunch. I'm going to regret that in another hour or so DH is in St. Louis at a training course till tomorrow night, so DD and I are alternately driving each other bonkers and enjoying our girlie time. Last night when I got home, I was really tired, so I know that I put her to bed too early, which is why she was restless most of the night. But, man, sometimes this mama's gotta sleep!

Sunday is our wedding anniversary, and DH and I are going to go somewhere just overnight. My inlaws are going to watch our daughter, I think. It'll likely be a couple years or more before we're able to to do it again, so we're planning on really having a good relaxing time and taking advantage of the adult time alone.

I'm starting to feel movement much more regularly. I was starting to get nervous, but it's proving unfounded. I'm feeling most of my movement down low and most of the kicks are aimed directly at my cervix. I think this kid wants OUT

I'm feeling boy vibes, still. My SIL also thinks it's a boy. This is a problem; we have no boy names that we both like. We keep going back and forth and getting irritated at each other

Hey do any of you girls happen to know if hair dye is okay while you're pregnant? I think that it's okay after the first trimester, but just want to double check. It's the only mainstream beauty thing I still do. I just can't let my hair go It's getting wicked, looking in the mirror these days

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
Old 09-06-2007, 03:41 PM

I had an appt with one of my midwives today which went really well. She did some of my mom's prenatal care with her last two back in the late 70's and early 80's. I liked her a lot. I've gained 2lbs finally after losing 6lbs then not gaining any for a couple of months. My blood pressure even checked out fine. Woot.

No more acid reflux since I've stopped eating like a loony on a fast food binge.

We stopped off at a mall on the way back to check out the new Lush store (I'm a bath bomb addict) and wandered into the Gymboree shop. My DH fell in love with the clothes with foxes on them and they were on sale so we bought out first boy outfit ever. They're adorable. I'm a little worried about adjusting to boy clothes since buying baby girl things was so much fun with my first two.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Happy september, everyone.

Hey do any of you girls happen to know if hair dye is okay while you're pregnant? I think that it's okay after the first trimester, but just want to double check. It's the only mainstream beauty thing I still do. I just can't let my hair go It's getting wicked, looking in the mirror these days
I would think it should be fine but I'm no expert. My dh made an obnoxious comment about all of my grey so I might be pulling out my henna soon.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:53 PM

Free Thinker- sucks to hear about how you overdid it carrying your two year old. ds has started insisting that i carry his 31 lb self around everywhere now. if i don't he screams. it is really irritating and i feel like it puts a lot of strain on my body. it makes me sort of hurt like in the area of my kidneys. i'm hoping his need to be carried stops soon.

my kidlets and me- i also can't seem to buy anything because we don't know the gender.

sharonanne- congratulations on the aniversary.
i'm not sure about hair dye, i know what you mean about wanting to dye your hair though. i feel so unlike myself when i am not able to dye my hair. i have read that differnt types of dyes are different than others, but that you should dye your hair at a salon rather than at home. this may have to do with fumes and inclosed spaces or something.

Chavaleh- buying boy clothes is not near as fun as buying girl clothes...they do make some really cute stuff, just not as much, and it gets harder to find cute stuff when they get older. i'm really really really hoping that this baby is a girl because i've done the boy shopping and want to cross over to buying cute clothes and accesories.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:30 AM

I went ahead and bought baby's first clothes today - 2 very neutral, yellow with ducks sleepers that will be nice and warm (fleece). Here's hoping I don't have a monster baby, so they fit!

Old 09-07-2007, 10:11 AM

Yesterday I went to the firehall to pick up Dh's check and his co-worker asked if I was carrying twins I do look MUCH bigger then 5 months!! So I just laughed and said no.

It is so true about the boy clothes. It is so hard to find cute boy clothes, and the ones that are cute are usually really expensive

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
Old 09-07-2007, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

the baby clothes thing is so funny after #1. with dd i had boxes and boxes of clothes from grandmas, relatives, friends, etc at this point in my pregnancy. in fact, i was overwhelmed with the numbers. with this baby i have one outfit- given to us by mil this summer - and a tie-dyed baby tee from the thrift store. i'm having a challenge with wanting to buy anything cuz if it's a girl i won't need anything, but if it's a boy i'll need quite a bit...dh and i did buy our first little gift for the baby at sierra trading post the other day - a really soft pair of acorn booties for the winter. sooo soft and cute!

i had food poisoning yesterday night and morning and i'll tell you what, being pregnant with food poisoning sucks. thankfully i'm feeling better today. especially since we picked up our new double chariot yesterday and all i want to do is go pull dd around the neighborhood in her new ride! fil and mil helped us get it as the new baby's gift. i mentioned that i wanted it early as my exercise now is truly part of the gift. i'm just hoping that my belly isn't too in the way! dd calls it her car and thinks it's the coolest thing ever (so do i). dh pulled her all over the driveway last night when her put it together and she really digs it. i hope she likes getting towed all over town, too! and we got the cross-country ski package, so i'll be doublin' it up over the snow this winter! can you tell i'm excited!

well, she is off watching dora since i just had a phone app't with a student.. and i'm squeezing in some mdc time...so i really should go turn off the boob tube and get outside~!

Old 09-12-2007, 02:44 AM

riverundine-that is exactly how i am with buying stuff this time. if it is a boy there is no need to buy clothes and if it is a girl i will need a lot...so i just haven't bought anything. it is killing me actually because i want to be buying stuff...i don't want to waste money on buying gender nuetral clothing if i'm going to have a boy.

i have been feeling so much better so i have picked up an exercise rutine again. i used to walk a lot three to four miles a day...but i found a cheap prenatal pilates video and thought i would try it. i have never done pilates before but i think i like the video. it is divided into five sections of 10 minutes, so i can just do ten minutes is dh is in a bad mood and wont let me get away...or i can do more if i have time. we haven't been walking as much because it is almost 100 degrees here duing the day and there is so much going on in the evening that we never get around to it. (even in the evening it is 90). so having indoor excercise is super great. i would like to find some more videos i can mix it up with. although in my new video there is a core pilates exercise segment...i thought you weren't supposed to exercise your abdomen or whatever during pregnancy...but it is a pregnancy pilates video so i don't know...maybe it is just certain types of abdomenal exercises...i want to look into this.

i have recently felt the need to stay busy all day....i have started making little girls dresses to sell at a small community festival that is coming up. just creating something makes me feel great...i feel like i'm not spending that much time with ds now though because i'm trying to do stuff all day long. i need to find a happy medium.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

got bloodwork done and my wbc count is high. has anyone had this happen? any thoughts? i'm not too worried but would appreciate input...
now i need another u/s (we were not going to get another) because obgyn thinks it might be due to degeneration of the fibroid.
this is why i wanted to stay away from western meds...the fear factor. blech.

User Tag List