Baby roll call...(just out of curiosity :) ) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now that we're all starting to get our ultrasounds and find out the sex of our littles (or not...depending on how we're doing things), who among us have picked out baby's name already?

When I was pregnant with DS, we had a girl's first name picked out before we had a boy name picked out. Of course, we didn't get to use the girl name with him, but we still really like the name, so we're "re-using" it with this baby, whom the sonographer says there is "no doubt in [her] mind" is a girl.

My husband suggested the middle name the night before our sonogram.

Our daughter will be Claudia Paige.

My son is already calling her Claudia, and so am I, so I guess it's stuck.

So...do you already have a name for your babe? Are you sharing with others? Keeping it secret (we did that with our son's name)? Does it feel odd or natural to you to call baby by its name before birth????
#2 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 02:51 PM

We're reusing our boy name we had for our first pregnancy with this one. We're still debating on a girl name. We aren't finding out until January which we'll use.
#3 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 03:09 PM

Oh my goodness, I think Claudia is about the most beautiful name in the world and I want to name our daughter (if it's a girl!) Claudia but my husband won't consent because Claudia is my mom's name and I guess he has some MIL issues...

Sigh, how nice you've decided on that name for your little girl.

Right now, our running joke is that the child shall have a symbol instead of a name, like Prince used to have, since we cannot decide on a single name for a boy or girl. We originally decided on Sophie, but that was before we realized just how popular the name is right now, so with that name out we've got nuttin!
#4 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 03:11 PM

We haven't gotten the official word yet, since our u/s isn't til next week, but I have strong boy vibes. His name will be Zachary... not sure about a middle name, maybe Elias, but not sure yet. If it's a girl it will probably be Zoe, although I'm starting to rethink that one. We had those names picked out in the beginning when I was feeling the twin thing and was pretty sure it was one boy, one girl. (Vanishing twins run in the family, which I didn't know until I stopped feeling the twin vibe.)
#5 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 03:24 PM

This little one will be Jordan James Michael (we love the name Jordan, James comes from BOTH sides of my family, and Michael is my dad's name)
#6 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 05:22 PM

We have a name picked out for a girl, but are really struggling with boy names. I'm hoping that after the anatomy u/s on Monday, we'll have an easier time of things. Boy names are so much harder! (For me, anyway.)

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#7 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by To-Fu View Post
Boy names are so much harder! (For me, anyway.)

Boy names were so much harder for us, too. I am thanking my lucky stars that this one is a girl, b/c my husband and I were not sure how we'd EVER come to agreement on a 2nd boy's name!
#8 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyisrrs View Post
Oh my goodness, I think Claudia is about the most beautiful name in the world and I want to name our daughter (if it's a girl!) Claudia but my husband won't consent because Claudia is my mom's name and I guess he has some MIL issues...
Thanks, I really like Claudia, too (obviously ). Between when my son was born, and when I got pregnant with this little girl, I also really fell in love with Bridget, and I suppose that if my husband liked it, we might've named her Bridget instead, but my husband is NOT a fan.
#9 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 06:32 PM

We usually wait until we see him....we had a list last time and made the final decision once he was out. I get a feeling for what seems right and what doesn't during pregnancy but I can't commit until he is out.

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#10 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 07:34 PM

I answered over on LJ so I'll just c&p that reply.

Jack Alexander. Jack for my grandfather and Alexander for my DH's. We had it picked out before we knew it was a boy. Everyone pretty much knows and we've been calling him Jack since a couple months in. It's such a 'normal' name compared to my other two girls, Rhiannon and Isadora. The DH wanted to name him Dionysus Jack but I put my foot down on that. Sounds like a drunken superhero or action film star. Silly DH.
#11 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 08:10 PM

I'm jealous that you all have your names picked out already! We have no clue
Hopefully soon...

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#12 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavaleh View Post
I answered over on LJ so I'll just c&p that reply.
Ha! I never know if I'm going to run into LJ folks over here. I promise I don't cross-post much.
#13 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 08:33 PM

The gender will be a surprise for us but if babe is a girl her name will be Sakura which means cherry blossom in japanese and it is a street fighter charachters name that kicks butt(this was important to my boys!)

If babe is a boy he will be named Archemedes and we will call him Medes for short.

Angela
#14 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 09:21 PM

It's a girl . . . but we haven't talked about names that much. We are both really big on not telling people the name until after baby is born. And I can't belive how many people IRL give me a fit about it! Like it's their "right" to know! HA!

Anyway, we'll probably end up narrowing it down to 2 names and pick one when baby is born. We don't like standard american names, so most of the names on our list are Celtic or Russian (Nadyia, Catya, Fiona, etc.). We'll see, come January!

Her middle name will be Eloise, which is mine. I was named after a great aunt, who was named after another relative . . . I have two pieces of jewelery and pictures that belonged to them from the VERY early 1800s!!!!!!! I love the name (especially before it came popular with the Eloise books) and do have the original Eloise books to go along with it.

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#15 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaB View Post
The gender will be a surprise for us but if babe is a girl her name will be Sakura which means cherry blossom in japanese and it is a street fighter charachters name that kicks butt(this was important to my boys!)If babe is a boy he will be named Archemedes and we will call him Medes for short. Angela
Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavaleh View Post
The DH wanted to name him Dionysus Jack but I put my foot down on that. Sounds like a drunken superhero or action film star. Silly DH.
: laughup

We were told by the tech it was a girl but she wrote 'undetermined' on our report (???). We have certain girls names that were on our shortlist from last time (Hungarian mainly), but I'm wondering whether we should give this babe a more English friendly name. Dh really wants a very Hungarian name though: Timea. I love it too, but am tired of explaining these Hung. names to people who can't pronounce them and are confused by them! At least with Emese we tell people her name is Emi. And Timea can be pronounced Timmy-a, I suppose, which is close enough.

Eloise - nice bit of family history there!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#16 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 11:05 PM

It's twin boys for us, but no names yet!
#17 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
It's twin boys for us, but no names yet!
I love Nicholas and Sean...which is why my DS's name is Nicholas Sean. But you know...just suggestions.
#18 of 38 Old 09-08-2007, 11:49 PM

It's a boy, and I think we are going with Nico. We are still undecided about the middle name...I agree with pp, boys names are much harder for us than girls.

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#19 of 38 Old 09-09-2007, 12:34 AM

1st girl.

No idea. Haven't even gone there yet!
#20 of 38 Old 09-09-2007, 01:00 AM

We haven't started talking seriously about names yet, and when we do decide, it'll be a secret (although I might share here, since nobody knows me IRL!). Don't know the sex yet, either.

I originally thought we'd recycle the unused girl's name we had ready for ds, but now I think I'd rather find something new. The name we had ready was Meghan Cecile (French pronunciation) Emily.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#21 of 38 Old 09-09-2007, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskerri View Post
Ha! I never know if I'm going to run into LJ folks over here. I promise I don't cross-post much.
You guys! I have an LJ. Let's be LJ pals. What are your user names?

#22 of 38 Old 09-09-2007, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaB View Post
The gender will be a surprise for us but if babe is a girl her name will be Sakura which means cherry blossom in japanese and it is a street fighter charachters name that kicks butt(this was important to my boys!)
You are too cool.

Do you watch/read Naruto, by chance? One of the main (also butt-kicking) characters is named Sakura.

I think I saw that someone from another DDC named her baby boy "Aizen" which is another anime character (this time from Bleach). Too bad my partner nixes all those cool ideas!

#23 of 38 Old 09-09-2007, 06:01 AM

Quote:
http://danuv.livejournal.com/
#24 of 38 Old 09-09-2007, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm misskerri over there, as well.
#25 of 38 Old 09-09-2007, 01:07 PM

most likely we'll wait until dh gets back from deployment in dec/jan before we really get into names.

charlotte is a name we've been considering every pregnancy. i'm stuck on norah lately, but dh does not like it. at all. booooo.

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#26 of 38 Old 09-09-2007, 02:16 PM

We kind of have names picked out. I want to go with Avery Josie for a girl (Josie was my great grandma's name).....and for a boy I'm leaning towards Evan Gerald (Gerald is my dad's name). At our u/s last friday the tech wouldn't tell us what the sex was but she showed us a bottom view of the area (she was pointing out the legs) and you could clearly see something in between the legs....so it looks like we might be going with Evan!!
#27 of 38 Old 09-09-2007, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geck_07 View Post
We kind of have names picked out. I want to go with Avery Josie for a girl
I have a cousin with a son named Avery. You could use it as your boy name, as well.
#28 of 38 Old 09-09-2007, 08:48 PM

Dh and I could only agree on two names (one for a boy, one for a girl). Our ultrasound showed us a girl so Elsa Olivia it is.

DH was pretty keen on giving the baby a family name. Elsa was supposed to be his name if he was a girl. I really liked the name Olive, but with DH's last name (Rye) it sounded too foodie- like some kind of sandwich. Olivia has a nice ring to it.

I had thought that I'd want to meet the baby before choosing a name, but I really enjoy being able to adress my bump by name. Plus DH and I can't think of any names we like better.
#29 of 38 Old 09-09-2007, 09:46 PM

We are having another boy. Im picky about names and Im still not THRILLED with the name we picked but its okay I suppose lol.. I LOOOOOVE the first name but the middle name just doesnt flow..

Nathaniel Joshua Kaczowski.. kinda long huh? lol I wanted Nathaniel Josiah Kaczowski but dh doesnt like Josiah or any other J middle name to go with Nathaniel lol.. and it has to be a J because DH, Raymond and Alex all have J middle names and Ari and I both have Renee.

DH is Donald Joseph
I am Tiffany Renee
DS1 is Raymond Joseph
DD is Arianna Renee
DS2 is Alexander James
DS3 will be Nathaniel Joshua (unless I can convince him in the next 20 weeks to use Nathaniel Josiah lol)
#30 of 38 Old 09-09-2007, 11:42 PM

If its a girl she will probably be Olivia Maja or Mara and if it's another boy then maybe Kristijan or Luka. We're hoping for a girl : .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page