November Chat Thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 55 Old 11-09-2007, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jess, you are making me tired! Good luck w/ the wallpaper project!

Not a whole lot going on here, tomorrow is my birthday, so I think DH is taking me out We are going to the closer small Wal-Mart to get a few things I need to stock up on before the babies come (laundry det., that kinda stuff), it's stll 30 minutes away, but closer than an hour! I can't do much, but I am hoping I can at least walk around for 20 minutes or so (DH will push the cart and pick everything up for me!) I made it to 30 weeks, so another 'milestone' down! I still wanna keep these babies in until 36 weeks, and hopefully longer! I get another US next week and wonder how heavy they are getting, I"m betting close to 4lbs each!
#32 of 55 Old 11-12-2007, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdoingitagain View Post
Does your belly "click" when your baby moves?
With my first, I had this same experience! Neither of my midwives had ever heard of it before, and they had over 35 years combined experience delivering babies!

It's totally nothing to worry about, though. Although dh thought I was NUTS for quite a few weeks until I could get him to sit still long enough to hear it. I even got my mom to hear it. I haven't heard anything yet this time, but I suspect that's perhaps because my uterus is a little "roomier" the second time around, so there isn't fluid being forced from one tight space to another quite the way it was happening last time.

I'm glad to meet some others who have experienced this same thing!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#33 of 55 Old 11-15-2007, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yikes, this was on the second page! Everyone must be busy this week.

I had a 3D ultrasound yesterday and it was SO COOL. I will post some pics as soon as DH replaces the CD drive in our computer. We also found out the reason I am SO HUGE this time. This baby has tons of amniotic fluid, right at borderline for "too" high. My fundal height yesterday was 33 and it was only 34 when dd#3 was born . I have been telling everyone that I am the same size now as when dd#3 was born and no one believed me . I had to go buy some new pants on Monday, because I have like 2 pairs that fit and they are falling apart. I bought some Old Navy velour pajama pants that are awesome. They are not maturity, but have a big soft waist band that ties and do not look like PJ pants. My belly skin is stretched so tight that I can't wear anything that touches it very much, so any pants with a belly panel do not work. Free Thinker, I can not imagine what you feel like:

Tomorrow is dd#1's friend birthday party and this weekend is dh's company's annual formal dinner and overnighter. I made an awesome dress for it, I will post some pics, when I get it hemmed this afternoon. I also have to clean my house for the party and finish up the last min things - and hope the prizes I ordered get here, grrr. And yet I am sitting here

PS, we did get about 1/2 the wallpaper off this weekend and will do the rest next weekend, iT already looks so much better! (Well, I sat and watched, dh did all the work!)

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#34 of 55 Old 11-15-2007, 02:44 PM

Arghh.
My dh and dd are sick. The house deal fell through (too much structural damage for the financier) and I have a doctors appt. today. Well, the last is ok. Actually it worked out great, since now I don't need to take Kiki with me to the doctor's.
My house is a mess, and I don't care. I'm too busy watching my dd put on her clothes all by herself : She cracks me up so much! Today she declared that she needed "Lemonade and a cheese sandwich" because she's sick.
I got my new carseat. We got a booster seat for Kiki and are keeping the convertible carseat for the baby. Got some cd's too, and a baby outfit that I think is going to be way too small (5lbs?!) Sigh, there is so much left to do still. At least we don't have to pack.
Jessmcg: I saw those at Old Navy too! They look so comfy. I can't stand to have anything on my stomach too. Crazy about the amniotic fluid, I wonder if thats whats going on with me too? I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow,and I was measuring 36?37 weeks last appointment.
Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned! Hope it goes well, and you have lots of fun!

I'm so glad that so many people are having clicking bellies Its loud enough that my dh actually heard it. He was having a ball watching my belly move around like crazy. Iwasn't TOO worried about it, but its pretty funny to hear. And yeah, I get a little paranoid every once in awhile

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#35 of 55 Old 11-15-2007, 07:27 PM

well I was supposed to have an appointment with my midwife today but our car went up in a poof of smoke and flying parts on the freeway while we were driving up there. Joy. I'm afraid it's going to cost more to fix than we have or the car is worth and then I don't know what we'll do about transportation. My husband HATES having a car, he's a public transportation junkie, but it's not practical in Atlanta and you can't get to my midwife/hospital on public transportation.... well at least not without a few bus rides. To top it off we had to wait THREE hours for the blasted tow truck on the side of the highway. This is just such a bad time to be dealing with this between the baby and Christmas. Argh. My husband had taken today off work because I've barely seen him for the past three weeks. We were going to have a nice relaxing day together. /whine
#36 of 55 Old 11-16-2007, 02:35 AM

I'm 33 weeks today, and starting to slow down. Monday was horrible (thankfully, dh was home because of the holiday) - my hips hurt all day and I was hobbling everywhere. It was a stormy day, though, so we didn't have to go anywhere. We made applesauce all day, me sitting for most of it.

I had 2 people say that I don't look 7 months pregnant today - I wasn't sure how to take that, so I took it as a compliment. I think it's my body type - I'm heavier anyway, so a big belly doesn't look as out of place on me, I guess.

I absolutely cannot tell if this babe is head down or not...hopefully, the dr will be able to tell soon so I can just stop thinking about it, or do something about it (apparently, there's a great acupuncturist in town that can help).

We haven't decided on names, and it's almost now at the point where we don't want to decide so we can drive dh's family crazy when the baby's born (they threatened - jokingly - to set up a protest camp outside our hospital room with dd if we hadn't named her by the time she was born...)

And, for all my vowing that I would have all my Christmas shopping done by the end of November, I've only done my kids and all the nieces and nephews...I still have dh, my mom (we draw names in my family), and dh's entire family to shop for! Of course, he will help, but he's the kind of guy who would do all his shopping on the 24th if I didn't intervene...:

I wrote a bit of a novel here, didn't I? :

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#37 of 55 Old 11-16-2007, 03:07 PM

I am so excited! My two brothers will both be here for the Christmas season this year! That means 11 people staying from the day after Christmas until New Years! Weeee!!!

And, my oldest has been accepted into the preschool that we have been on the wait list for since August. YAY! He should start 2 days a week 4 hours a day the first week of December and I could not be any more thrilled!

And just to top off the fantastic day, I found out that Big Brother will be having a first ever spring season (? is that the right word, pregnancy brain is kicking in again, you know what I mean though right? LOL). I don't watch much TV and don't watch any other reality shows but I have watched Big Brother since the first year and am totaly addicted so this made me very happy. Sad, but true.

I am a very happy mama today. Yippee!!!

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#38 of 55 Old 11-16-2007, 03:59 PM

And that post above was my 1,000 post!

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#39 of 55 Old 11-16-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
I had 2 people say that I don't look 7 months pregnant today - I wasn't sure how to take that, so I took it as a compliment. I think it's my body type - I'm heavier anyway, so a big belly doesn't look as out of place on me, I guess.

I absolutely cannot tell if this babe is head down or not...hopefully, the dr will be able to tell soon so I can just stop thinking about it, or do something about it (apparently, there's a great acupuncturist in town that can help).

We haven't decided on names, and it's almost now at the point where we don't want to decide so we can drive dh's family crazy when the baby's born (they threatened - jokingly - to set up a protest camp outside our hospital room with dd if we hadn't named her by the time she was born...)

And, for all my vowing that I would have all my Christmas shopping done by the end of November, I've only done my kids and all the nieces and nephews...I still have dh, my mom (we draw names in my family), and dh's entire family to shop for! Of course, he will help, but he's the kind of guy who would do all his shopping on the 24th if I didn't intervene...:
You probably look great, but take the compliments while you can
If you like, you can start with the regular baby turning techniques, just in case. Pelvic tilts on your hands and knees is pretty useful, and there were a couple others. Can't think of them at the moment. Brain fry.
You are not alone with the baby naming. We are pretty much no where, and we have no idea what we are having. I'm starting to lean towards the name Llewelynn Reil for a boy, and my dh is adamant about Telhanna for a girl not sure what to think about that. I think we might figure out a name soon, and just keep it to ourselves to drive family mental too
Christmas shopping? Isn't that supposed to be done Dec.24th?
Happymomma! Congrats on your 1000th post! Man, I'm so behind...
Sounds like you are having a great day, hope it continued!

So I went shopping with my dh today, and we picked up a sling for him. He's so excited! Its so cute. I also found a dress for myself. I look huge in it, but at least its incredible comfy Almost bougght a velour(yes, I know ) sweat suit for after I give birth to use as pj's. The jacket fit great, the pants were huge! I'm still debating.

#40 of 55 Old 11-16-2007, 10:05 PM

OH! and my appointment went great yesterday. Turns out I'm only 1 1/2 cm ahead, not as much as I though, and I gained 3lbs, not 5. Meh, either way, its all good. My doctor is pretty happy and doesn't want to see me for awhile He's thinking 37 or so weeks, rather then in 2 weeks. I'm doing that well :
Oh and the kids are feeling better. My dh had an infection, and Kiki just likes to be like Daddy
Chavaleh, I hope today is going better for you! What a sucky day that must have been. Did you guys manage to spend some time together?

#41 of 55 Old 11-17-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdoingitagain View Post
Chavaleh, I hope today is going better for you! What a sucky day that must have been. Did you guys manage to spend some time together?

We did. And I'll get some more time with him this weekend if I can keep the two daddy's girls we have away.

In other more positive news my brother and his wife seem to have gone into labor (she was due on the 23rd) so I may get a new niece soon!

Also *vegetarians avert thine eyes* we're about to go get some utterly yummy bbq at a place that also has the most amazing chocolate pecan pie. Mmmmm.
#42 of 55 Old 11-18-2007, 05:23 PM

Said sister in law had her baby this morning. My mom and I spent the whole night at the hospital waiting. Hospital chairs/benches are not kind to the arses of 32 week pregnant women. She had a pretty typical modern medicalized hospital birth but it went as well as could be hoped for with tubes poking out of everything. The new niece is just absolutely beautiful and SO TINY! I keep looking at pictures of newborns from other ddc's just to Ooo and Ahhh but in person she was incredibly wee. So precious. And quite the squealer. Everytime I got up to go in her room my baby started bouncing and punching my cervix. I think he must be exited about his new cousin (but really just happy to get off the blasted chairs).
#43 of 55 Old 11-18-2007, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats on your new niece. Enjoy!!!!!!! And get the refresher on what's coming soon..........

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#44 of 55 Old 11-19-2007, 09:47 AM

Well doing okay here. Baby is growing nicely and I'm feeling so much better from my bout with back pain 2 weeks ago. One trip to the chiro and I've been 90% pain free! I only hurt on days that I do too much- it's hard for me to learn to stop doing everything! This is our busy time of year at work- everyone and their mother decides to do things for "needy kids" at the holiday season (our kids aren't needy, just in trouble . . . but that doesn't stop them). So that results in tons of activities, events, etc.

Tonight I'm cooking a Thanksgiving dinner for our boys, tomorrow night we are having Thanksgiving meal in the cafeteria for everyone and the kids leave for 4 days on Wednesday! I'm really looking forward to that break, before three crazy weeks leading up to Christmas vacation.

I had my baby shower a week ago and got a lot of cute things. Thankfully we got some of the practical things too! A bouncy seat and a small high chair that sits on a normal chair and lasts through the booster-seat age. Yippeee! Really the only thing we need at this point is the car seat and practical (non fun) stuff like mattress protectors, garbage can for cloth dipes, stuff like that.

I can't believe I just have 2 months left (and that many of you will be having your babies in a little over a month!) eeek!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#45 of 55 Old 11-19-2007, 09:28 PM

it has been awhile since i got to read through this thread...the month is just flying by. everytime i glance at the calendar i think, "oh crap, it is already ___."

neverdoingitagain- i wish my midwife would tell me not to come back in two weeks. i am having to drive to hours to appointment with ds in tow and i'm really not looking forward to coming back in two weeks.

chavaleh-that is great about your neice. have fun playing aunt for a little while.

well at my last appointment i found out that i had suddenly gained 7 lbs in three weeks. which is wierd because i have only been gaining a lb a week, but now suddenly it has shot up. i think it is because i haven't been exercising. i got back to exercising this week. i do it first thing in the morning so i wont make excuses later in the day.

i have been so motivated to do things around the house, and to get ready for christmas, and for the baby...it is great to be getting all this stuff done because i am usually really far behind. but at the same time i think that i am somehow neglecting ds because i am doing more housework and spending less time just playing with him. i guess all the housework is necessary though, it isn't like i'm neglecting him to go to the bar...haha. but somehow i still feel like he liked lazy mommy better.

i made ds's doll a sweatshirt yesturday and now he is totally in love with the doll...that made me really proud. i haven't ever made doll clothes or anything before. i just thought hey i can do that.

i hope everyone has fun getting ready for the holiday this week. i love spending time with my family on thanksgiving, even though i hate the idea of thanksgiving. not the giving thanks, but the pilgrims and indians stuff. i also hate most of my family, but i still like spending time with them on holidays.
#46 of 55 Old 11-19-2007, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehliouise View Post
well at my last appointment i found out that i had suddenly gained 7 lbs in three weeks. which is wierd because i have only been gaining a lb a week, but now suddenly it has shot up. i think it is because i haven't been exercising. i got back to exercising this week. i do it first thing in the morning so i wont make excuses later in the day.

i have been so motivated to do things around the house, and to get ready for christmas, and for the baby....
I also suddenly gained 7 lbs after a very even, paced, reasonable weight gain up until now. Go figure. We had Canadian Thanksgiving last month, and I sat in a hotel taking classes (training for work) eating cheesecake every lunchtime (eek!) all of October, so that's what I blame for the 7 lbs. Good for you for the self-discipline re: exercise.

Yeah there's a crazy nesting buzz in the air at my home as well.....dh marvels at my energy but I want to get things ready for the baby coming. I guess it's part of things, isn't it?

Eloise24 - good to hear you enjoyed your shower!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#47 of 55 Old 11-25-2007, 10:30 PM

Ok, I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I gotta know.
What the hell is a skidmark?!!: I mean, I understand the term in regards to underwear and tires, but what does it mean in regards to labor? Is it a tear? Is it bruising? What the heck?!

#48 of 55 Old 11-26-2007, 12:10 AM

Well I'm joining in because thanks to "neverdoingitagain" I don't feel so stupid.......yeah what is a "skid mark"?
#49 of 55 Old 11-26-2007, 12:29 AM

I wasn't 100% sure, so I searched and found this: http://www.mothering.com/discussions.../t-104705.html

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#50 of 55 Old 11-26-2007, 01:52 AM

Ahhh...ouch. I don't know which is worse Obviously the tear is more damage, but a skidmark seems it would cover a larger area...
Hmm choices, choices

#51 of 55 Old 11-26-2007, 01:37 PM

Let's hope for neither! With my first, I had a small tear (no stitches) and some minor skid marks. The skid marks didn't cover a very large area at all (although I suppose they COULD have), and were much easier to recover from than the tear (which wasn't really all that bad). I'm hoping for neither this time!!

Here's a chuckle for all of you----last weekend, we got home from a day out running around, and I looked down to realize that my ONLY pair of maternity pants (jeans) had developed a huge split in the crotch.....Grrrr....I fixed them, as they needed to go in the wash anyway, but after coming out it was clear that the fabric was just too far compromised to make a fix possible.

So out I went to Old Navy the next morning to find another pair of pants for a whopping month or two. Oh well. These pants are probably more flattering on me anyway, but they're falling down like crazy. I got the kind that has the roll-down panel (or something like that), and it just won't stay up. We'll see if washing them helps shrink things up a bit.

But I was quite a sight, standing there in my split-crotch pants....I had to go shopping in them, too, as they were TRULY my ONLY pants!! But luckily I had fixed it, so even though the fix was coming un-done, it wasn't visible below my big belly.

Another small chuckle---DH ran in the Seattle Marathon yesterday, and I was carrying DS (2.5) on my shoulders at the finish line waiting for him. DS dropped one of his small stuffed animals, and without thinking I squatted down to pick it up, DS still on my shoulders. It took me nearly a full minute of being in a squat position before I finally mustered the strength to GET BACK UP!! Now, I have very strong legs, but squatting my pregnant self plus my 26 pound toddler on my shoulders was a bit much for me at this point, I guess. Luckily everyone's back was to me, as they were watching the finishers come in! The really funny thing is that I didn't even consider until later that I could have just put DS down....oh well!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#52 of 55 Old 11-26-2007, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplehome View Post
Another small chuckle---DH ran in the Seattle Marathon yesterday, and I was carrying DS (2.5) on my shoulders at the finish line waiting for him. DS dropped one of his small stuffed animals, and without thinking I squatted down to pick it up, DS still on my shoulders. It took me nearly a full minute of being in a squat position before I finally mustered the strength to GET BACK UP!! Now, I have very strong legs, but squatting my pregnant self plus my 26 pound toddler on my shoulders was a bit much for me at this point, I guess. Luckily everyone's back was to me, as they were watching the finishers come in! The really funny thing is that I didn't even consider until later that I could have just put DS down....oh well!
Go dh! I had to laugh about you squatting down and not being able to get back up right away. This has happened to several of us, I'm sure! :

#53 of 55 Old 11-26-2007, 11:17 PM

i hope everyone had a good holiday last week. i did. i was nice to see all of my family...or at least the family that i wanted to see. i'm also really sure that i have gained at least 10 pounds from thanksgiving. there were so many wonderful deserts. that is what is so bad about the fall and winter is that there are all these wonderful seasonal deserts.

i can't believe the story about the split pants, that sounds like something that would happen to me.

tonight i went to the store to shop by myself. when i was loading bottled water onto the belt i dropped the whole case. i was a bit irritated that no one around me offered to help me load the water. then later when i was trying to put it in the cart someone did offer to help me and that irritated me as well. because i tend to get irritated when people look at me like i'm helpless. either way i'm not satisfied. i think this goes with the whole me being annoyed with everyone all the time. i can't wait until i am not as annoyed.

ever since i got pregnant i have been in the mood to get stuff organized and get things accomplished. this is so unlike me...it never happened during my first pregnancy. then everyone made fun of me because i never nested. i sort of wonder if it is part of this baby's personality coming through because it sure isn't mine.
#54 of 55 Old 11-27-2007, 01:37 AM

i haven't posted on this thread much, but i thought that i would jump in..

i'm visiting my family home in vancouver (where i plan to have the baby) with my two kiddos (elwynn, 5 in december and ngaio, 2 on thursday). we don't have internet in the house that we live in (way out in the country, hours from here) so i just pop in when i can..anyways..

im 33 weeks now and getting excited and a wee bit impatient to meet this baby! i'm nesting like crazy but its hard because i'm not going to be home with the baby till after the baby is born and probably a few weeks old, since there will be so much snow on the ground and it is a 5+ hour drive. so in my nesting urges i went thrift store shopping today and found some great treasure. both of my kids birthdays are right around christmas,
so its a hard time of year financially for us, especially with the new baby coming : but i found some lovely books for them for gifts and some great baby clothes and when i took everything up to the checkout the man behind the counter said "how about $5.00 for the lot" it was close to 30$ worth of stuff, so i was pretty happy! then at another thrift shop i found a brand new 100% cotton king size featherbed (mattress topper thingy) for 30$ valued at more like 100$!! i've been wanting and needing a new mattress but we cant afford it, so this will be almost as nice...

i go home on friday for a few more weeks before we come here for christmas and baby birthing and i want to get everything in our house just right for when we get home, except that its totally impossible to get anything done (and have it stay done at least)so i'm a bit stressed about it, but i know it will all work out.

i can't believe that in a month from today my son will be 5 and i could possibly be holding my newest family member. its crazy.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#55 of 55 Old 11-30-2007, 03:08 AM

2 days until Dec 1st...: Sept. board in 2 days, ladies!
5 weeks left for some of us, though it could be 2-3 weeks for others instead...Freethinker, Mom2bja...:

So my dh has been home for the past 2 weeks. He went to work yesterday and came back itching like crazy. The doctor thought he had an allergic reaction when he saw him last Monday, and had spent the last week trying to get rid of the rash/hives/ resultant infection of said rash/hives. He was pretty well cleared up, itch was pretty well gone, went to work and bam! Hives/rash flare up. So its his job. He's a welder and gets a lot of metal dust on his back. Yey....we know what the problem is...yey...who knows when he's going back to work...: And my last day is Sat.
Mind you, if he's home Tuesday, my last day will be Tuesday
I have to keep telling myself "one day at a time, I can wait until Jan." because boy oh, boy. I feel like I could pop at anytime.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page