Mothering Forum banner

AAHHHH!!! December has a couple of new babies!!

801 views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  jmwmommysings 
#1 ·
Wait! I'm not ready!! A couple of weeks ago, it seemed like this was going to last forever and that I didn't want to wait. I saw this morning that a couple of babies have been born on the December board and it totally freaked me out
!! Are we really going to start having babies in about a month?!?Although I'm pretty sure this little one will sit right where it is until mid-January, I can't believe that it's really getting so close. I have so much stuff to do!!!
Katie

See less See more
#3 ·
I saw that too and couldnt bring myself to post about it! Yeah its a conspiracy to freak us out definately!

This is my fourth and Im not worried about birth although I know it will be hard and an insane amount of work but it doesnt last, yet its the idea of not being pregnant and actually having a newborn again. I have my hands full with an 18 month old nursling, a 5 year old with autism and a homeschooled 7 year old and I second guess my ability to take care of a newborn on top of it all. I really need a house keeper and I never thought I would say that in a million years!!!
Angela

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
There are a few twin moms who have already had their DIJ babies! I am doing everything I can to keep mine baking for quite a while longer! I cannot have these babies in the next month b/c I'm simply not ready!
ditto. I am due with twins in January, and I am NOOOWHERE NEAR READY !!!11

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kehliouise View Post
should i expect the same thing for this one or is there actually a chance he might be here at 37 weeks or something?
If I remember correctly, the average first pregnancy lasts 41 weeks 1 day, the average second pregnancy lasts 40 weeks 5 days and the average 3rd lasts 40 weeks 3 days(info came from The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth but it has been a while since I read it and have lent it to a friend). There is, however, a wide variance in one mother. FWIW, both of my kids have been born the day after their DD. Everyone just assumes that this baby will come then too. I am expecting this baby to be stubborn and show up a week or more late so I don't drive myself crazy!! I will be shocked if this baby shows up early!!
Katie

#17 ·
Well I am due the 22nd, and I keep thinking I am going to go late. Baby and I have discussed that if I am going to go late that he/she is to be born on Feb 4th, which is a very good friend of mine's birthday.

Plus I have this thing with the number 4, it seems to be lucky.

Baby is allowed to be born on the 22nd, 31st, or the 4th according to my affinity for the number 4. We'll see how that goes!

Definitely don't think I am having a baby in December...I CANNOT! I will be driving to California when I am 35 & 36 weeks pregnant. This kid has to wait until I come back at least...or I guess I would have an UC in the mountains of northern CA or OR somewhere!

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaDoula View Post

Plus I have this thing with the number 4, it seems to be lucky.

Baby is allowed to be born on the 22nd, 31st, or the 4th according to my affinity for the number 4. We'll see how that goes!

Definitely don't think I am having a baby in December...I CANNOT! I will be driving to California when I am 35 & 36 weeks pregnant. This kid has to wait until I come back at least...or I guess I would have an UC in the mountains of northern CA or OR somewhere!
Oddly, my MIL has issues with the number 4

That would be sooo cool. "Mommy, where was I born?"
"Somewhere between Northern Ca and OR, in the mountains."

#19 ·
Yeah...I was 32wks this past Thursday and dh commented that in 5 wks I would officially be "full term". 5 weeks! AHHHHHH!!!! Dd was born several days before my EDD so I'm not really counting on going late with this one, but 5 wks sounds really soon!

#20 ·
I'm not counting on it, but since dd and ds were both quite late (and eventually induced), I'm thinking this one will be, too. We haven't set up the co-sleeper or anything, but there isn't really a lot to do to get ready for this baby...I really don't think we're going to have a December baby.

Scary that we're only 5 weeks from full term, though!

#21 ·
Dd was born ON her due date, so I have no idea whether this baby will be born at the early or late end of the due month...

We basically haven't done much. I have a bit of organizing to do still, I guess I am going to put that off until December. I still need to figure out if my doula will be able to attend the birth
:.

Other than that, I really can't think of anything else we need to do.

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by baschabad View Post
... isn't anyone else excited to have the baby already? I'm only 28 weeks and I can't wait!
of course!
it's just crazy how fast it is going anyway. i am a little paranoid, though, because my house has been sick 5+ weeks straight, and i've never had a winter baby before.

also there is so much going on, it sort of keeps my mind off getting antsy ... family is coming here for thanksgiving, then i have to finish christmas shopping, then dh coms home from deployment, then christmas .... it's BUSY!

#25 ·
I'm excited! I'm 30 weeks and can't wait to meet the baby! I am not ready at all though. I need to start making diapers to take my mind off the long wait. It doesn't help that I hate my job and I'll be taking a leave of absence when this baby is born. One more thing to wait for
I'm not due until the end of January though so I still have some time yet.

#26 ·
That is so crazy... this pregnancy has just flown by and I'm so not close to ready yet! It just hit me that she could be here in 7 weeks (at 37 weeks) and that just freaked me out. I'm hoping she'll be closer to 40 weeks, or a bit past like my dd was. I still have so much to do!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.