AAHHHH!!! December has a couple of new babies!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 11-09-2007, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wait! I'm not ready!! A couple of weeks ago, it seemed like this was going to last forever and that I didn't want to wait. I saw this morning that a couple of babies have been born on the December board and it totally freaked me out!! Are we really going to start having babies in about a month?!?Although I'm pretty sure this little one will sit right where it is until mid-January, I can't believe that it's really getting so close. I have so much stuff to do!!!
Katie
#2 of 29 Old 11-09-2007, 11:01 AM

Hush! I am NOT ready for this kid to come out. UGH!

I think that those people in December haven't really had their babies yet. They're just trying to scare us.

:

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#3 of 29 Old 11-09-2007, 02:00 PM

I saw that too and couldnt bring myself to post about it! Yeah its a conspiracy to freak us out definately!

This is my fourth and Im not worried about birth although I know it will be hard and an insane amount of work but it doesnt last, yet its the idea of not being pregnant and actually having a newborn again. I have my hands full with an 18 month old nursling, a 5 year old with autism and a homeschooled 7 year old and I second guess my ability to take care of a newborn on top of it all. I really need a house keeper and I never thought I would say that in a million years!!!
Angela
#4 of 29 Old 11-09-2007, 02:30 PM

*digs hole in sand deeper, shoves head in further, rams fingers in ears and starts loudly singing lalalalalala*

#5 of 29 Old 11-09-2007, 02:47 PM

Well, you just scared the crap out of me! I am due January 6!
#6 of 29 Old 11-09-2007, 02:47 PM

Your so funny Finch!
Angela
#7 of 29 Old 11-09-2007, 04:24 PM

This is when I start pretending I'm due in February instead (hey, my EDD is 1/26!).

LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#8 of 29 Old 11-09-2007, 05:41 PM

There are a few twin moms who have already had their DIJ babies! I am doing everything I can to keep mine baking for quite a while longer! I cannot have these babies in the next month b/c I'm simply not ready!
#9 of 29 Old 11-09-2007, 05:58 PM

I was supposed to have a late December baby in 2002 and she showed up in November....ahhhhh. Now I am due with a late January baby and there is no way I want her/him to show up in late December.
#10 of 29 Old 11-09-2007, 06:07 PM

Seems like everyone wants me to have this baby at the end of Dec. Screw that!
Anyway, I can't believe Dec. has some babies already. Thats just crazy, making the time rush by too fast! I have 8 weeks left, I really need to get ready!

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#11 of 29 Old 11-09-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
There are a few twin moms who have already had their DIJ babies! I am doing everything I can to keep mine baking for quite a while longer! I cannot have these babies in the next month b/c I'm simply not ready!
ditto. I am due with twins in January, and I am NOOOWHERE NEAR READY !!!11

Melanie, vegan mommy to twin girls born Dec. 2007, and another little girl born Sept. 25th, 2009!
#12 of 29 Old 11-09-2007, 06:22 PM

yeah i am also totally not ready. i just started thinking about getting ready for the baby. ds was 11 days late. should i expect the same thing for this one or is there actually a chance he might be here at 37 weeks or something?
#13 of 29 Old 11-09-2007, 06:52 PM

Ds2 was 11 days late as well....wonder if it means all the babes will be late.

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#14 of 29 Old 11-10-2007, 06:29 AM

This baby will so NOT come out before late December! It'll stay inside, even if I have to keep my legs crossed just to keep it in. :

Mama with babyboy.gif (2005), babyboy.gif (2008) & babygirl.gif (2010)

#15 of 29 Old 11-10-2007, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehliouise View Post
should i expect the same thing for this one or is there actually a chance he might be here at 37 weeks or something?
If I remember correctly, the average first pregnancy lasts 41 weeks 1 day, the average second pregnancy lasts 40 weeks 5 days and the average 3rd lasts 40 weeks 3 days(info came from The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth but it has been a while since I read it and have lent it to a friend). There is, however, a wide variance in one mother. FWIW, both of my kids have been born the day after their DD. Everyone just assumes that this baby will come then too. I am expecting this baby to be stubborn and show up a week or more late so I don't drive myself crazy!! I will be shocked if this baby shows up early!!
Katie
#16 of 29 Old 11-10-2007, 01:29 PM

My dd was born a full week before her EDD. I was glad, because, dude, I was done. :

I'm hoping this one comes out a little "early" too :

But NOT TOO EARLY! (I am so not ready...have I mentioned that? : )

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#17 of 29 Old 11-10-2007, 01:39 PM

Well I am due the 22nd, and I keep thinking I am going to go late. Baby and I have discussed that if I am going to go late that he/she is to be born on Feb 4th, which is a very good friend of mine's birthday.

Plus I have this thing with the number 4, it seems to be lucky.

Baby is allowed to be born on the 22nd, 31st, or the 4th according to my affinity for the number 4. We'll see how that goes!

Definitely don't think I am having a baby in December...I CANNOT! I will be driving to California when I am 35 & 36 weeks pregnant. This kid has to wait until I come back at least...or I guess I would have an UC in the mountains of northern CA or OR somewhere!

Cortney Mama to Lyra 1-20-08 and future midwife through Birthingway College of Midwifery
#18 of 29 Old 11-10-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoula View Post

Plus I have this thing with the number 4, it seems to be lucky.

Baby is allowed to be born on the 22nd, 31st, or the 4th according to my affinity for the number 4. We'll see how that goes!

Definitely don't think I am having a baby in December...I CANNOT! I will be driving to California when I am 35 & 36 weeks pregnant. This kid has to wait until I come back at least...or I guess I would have an UC in the mountains of northern CA or OR somewhere!
Oddly, my MIL has issues with the number 4
That would be sooo cool. "Mommy, where was I born?"
"Somewhere between Northern Ca and OR, in the mountains."

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#19 of 29 Old 11-10-2007, 08:40 PM

Yeah...I was 32wks this past Thursday and dh commented that in 5 wks I would officially be "full term". 5 weeks! AHHHHHH!!!! Dd was born several days before my EDD so I'm not really counting on going late with this one, but 5 wks sounds really soon!

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#20 of 29 Old 11-11-2007, 01:26 AM

I'm not counting on it, but since dd and ds were both quite late (and eventually induced), I'm thinking this one will be, too. We haven't set up the co-sleeper or anything, but there isn't really a lot to do to get ready for this baby...I really don't think we're going to have a December baby.

Scary that we're only 5 weeks from full term, though!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#21 of 29 Old 11-11-2007, 02:07 AM

Dd was born ON her due date, so I have no idea whether this baby will be born at the early or late end of the due month...

We basically haven't done much. I have a bit of organizing to do still, I guess I am going to put that off until December. I still need to figure out if my doula will be able to attend the birth :.

Other than that, I really can't think of anything else we need to do.

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#22 of 29 Old 11-11-2007, 04:51 PM

crasy, isn't it?! a set of twins is already here from my other january board.

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#23 of 29 Old 11-11-2007, 07:29 PM

... isn't anyone else excited to have the baby already? I'm only 28 weeks and I can't wait!
#24 of 29 Old 11-11-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baschabad View Post
... isn't anyone else excited to have the baby already? I'm only 28 weeks and I can't wait!
of course! it's just crazy how fast it is going anyway. i am a little paranoid, though, because my house has been sick 5+ weeks straight, and i've never had a winter baby before.

also there is so much going on, it sort of keeps my mind off getting antsy ... family is coming here for thanksgiving, then i have to finish christmas shopping, then dh coms home from deployment, then christmas .... it's BUSY!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#25 of 29 Old 11-11-2007, 07:34 PM

I'm excited! I'm 30 weeks and can't wait to meet the baby! I am not ready at all though. I need to start making diapers to take my mind off the long wait. It doesn't help that I hate my job and I'll be taking a leave of absence when this baby is born. One more thing to wait for I'm not due until the end of January though so I still have some time yet.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#26 of 29 Old 11-11-2007, 08:21 PM

That is so crazy... this pregnancy has just flown by and I'm so not close to ready yet! It just hit me that she could be here in 7 weeks (at 37 weeks) and that just freaked me out. I'm hoping she'll be closer to 40 weeks, or a bit past like my dd was. I still have so much to do!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#27 of 29 Old 11-11-2007, 11:54 PM

i'm also really excited, but like some other people have said...things are going to be so busy around here the next two months with all the holidays. i'm sure these next weeks are going to fly by.
#28 of 29 Old 11-12-2007, 10:01 PM

My cousin had her baby girl Oct 22... she was not due until jan 16th.. a week before me.. baby is in the NICU and dign very well.. she has been getting mama milk since Halloween. They think she may come home earlier than her due date.. THAT really put things into perspective for me.
#29 of 29 Old 11-13-2007, 01:11 AM

I'm in shock that we're this close already too. Usually I hit this point (33 weeks today!) and I can't wait to be done but this time I feel like I'm still in early second tri and just not ready to have a baby yet. AHHHHH! My edd is New Year's day so I hop back and forth between the due date clubs and don't post often. Since they've started having their babies though I've been staying away from the Dec. crowd. I just about freaked when the midwife said it was time to order the birth kit! YIKES! Oh, and my "safe enough" date is December 4, that's just 3 weeks away. How did we get this far?

Oh, and for those that were wondering I had dd#1 at 42 weeks, dd#2 at 37 and 2 days and dd#3 at 35 and 5 days. Who knows when this one will show up, I'm hoping for at least 37 weeks just because I'm NOT ready!

:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page