Long John Silver - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 11-13-2007, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK here is my confession for a yucky craving. (I VERY rarely eat fast food and I can't tell you the last time I had LJS.)

I am craving the salty battered chicken breasts with malt vinegar, french fries, hushpuppies and those little crispy things that are shrapnel from the fryer.:

How gross is that? I really want it. And before someone makes a suggestion for a homemade healthier version.... just know... I am going to Long John Silver. May my baby and my heart, my liver and my stomach make it through.

Anyone else have an unhealthy craving that you have given in to? Confess, I know I can't be alone.
#2 of 21 Old 11-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Banned

OMG I wish we still had LJS around here.

Now I want some.... bad.

Damn you!!
#3 of 21 Old 11-13-2007, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

up
#4 of 21 Old 11-13-2007, 07:32 PM

And the cholesterol level of the Jan ddc goes up as dozens of us change our dinner plans.
#5 of 21 Old 11-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Banned

I'm in the June DDC. I'm in huge trouble, if I'm gonna be eating like this the whole time.

Now to find me an LJS. Crap. There are seriously none in my town. What to do, what to do.

Red Lobster just AINT THE SAME.
#6 of 21 Old 11-13-2007, 08:57 PM

I wish I could eat some junk food! It just makes me feel so sick afterward...just a few french fries and my belly aches! I don't know why this is, but I am eating very healthy because of it. I can't wait to be able to enjoy some frenchfries or fast food after this baby is born.

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#7 of 21 Old 11-13-2007, 11:08 PM

OMG thanks for mentioning this.. now Im craving LJS and our closest is like a 30 min drive lol.. sooo that may very well be on my list for tomorrow to do lol.. The only thing I eat there though is clam strips with tons of lemon juice.. OMG my mouth is watering... luckily, dh is downstairs getting me an orange and an ice cream sandwich lmao..
#8 of 21 Old 11-14-2007, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

OK, so I did it. I just got finished eating my long awaited LJS junk food lunch. I feel really satisfied on one level but I know I will feel terrible any minute.

BUT

Let me reassure you that it is worth it. Salty fries and malt vinegar soaked cholesterol bombs... seriously good stuff. It was better than I remembered. It really should be illegal. I am going to go lay on the couch now...
#9 of 21 Old 11-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Banned

I'm so jealous. I just ate Papa Johns pizza liberally doused in garlic butter sauce.

Good, but not as good as LJS. *sigh*
#10 of 21 Old 11-14-2007, 04:21 PM

Man am I glad I decided to get on here instead of starting dinner I'll have to make DH pick some up on the way home. Tiffany - Thanks for mentioning their clams, I'm sold.

Last pregnancy I craved the cheesy potatos from Taco Bell the entire time. I ate them at least 4 times a week. And I absolutely dispise fake cheese! I couldn't understand it.

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#11 of 21 Old 11-14-2007, 04:50 PM

We don't even have those here.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#12 of 21 Old 11-14-2007, 05:23 PM

We dont have any LJS here.. waaah. I'm going to have to make my hubby take me to Ivar's instead.

I love getting chicken planks from LJS and extra crispies! Not to crazy about their fries tho. My favorite fries are arby's or jack in the box... mmmm curly fries.
#13 of 21 Old 11-14-2007, 07:54 PM

I've been craving LJS too. We don't have any near hear that I know of, so I've been going without. But sometimes their fish fillets sound soooooo good. Ugh.

I'm always craving unhealthy crap. But then I'll crave nothing but fruit for a few days, so I guess it balances out. :
#14 of 21 Old 11-15-2007, 12:34 AM

Well I didnt make it there today lol.. in fact, we had peanut butter sandwiches for lunch and hot dogs for dinner because thats ALL thats in this house.. we seriously need to get to the grocery store lol.. My oldest had diarrhea for a few days, I had it a few days before he did, and now our youngest has it.. so Ive been washing diapers twice a day today and yesterday and havent made it away from the house.. aghhh Im going nuts... and btw, this is our first time cding through diarrhea and man I was shocked to find out that fuzzi bunz do NOT hold diarrhea lol.. the only thing holding it in is prefolds and covers or fitteds and covers lol.. I was shocked!
#15 of 21 Old 11-15-2007, 12:54 AM

The tastebuds cheered for the LJS. The tummy screamed then curled up and died.

I wish I weren't feeling so vegetable phobic. I seem to only want them covered in cheese.
#16 of 21 Old 11-15-2007, 04:33 PM

Man, now I want fish and chips with malt vinegar! Like another poster, I crave crap sporadically and mostly crave fresh fruit and plain yogurt, so it balances out. Mexican food slathered in cheese and sour cream will be my downfall this pregnancy.
#17 of 21 Old 11-15-2007, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That sounds good, we don't have LJS anywhere around here. My weird junk cravings this preg - cream cheese pepper poppers, but only the ones in the purple box from Costco - nothing else tastes right. Several times/week, I heat up several and eat them after the kids go to bed.

I also went WAY our of my way last week to get Kentucky fried chicken, and not for the chicken, but for the biscuits. I LOVE their biscuits with the fake honey and butter on them. I ordered 30 of them and froze a ton, so that when ever I want, I pop a couple out and toast them.

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#18 of 21 Old 11-16-2007, 12:25 PM

Smores pop tarts and fruity pebbles are my cravings. Yummmmm. I almost gave into the pop tarts yesterday night, but didn't
#19 of 21 Old 11-16-2007, 11:09 PM

Anything with sugar in it! It's terrible. :

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#20 of 21 Old 11-17-2007, 03:29 PM

i had daydreams about whipped cream (the real stuff) for days and days before i gave in and got some. with scones. whoa, it was good.
#21 of 21 Old 11-17-2007, 03:48 PM

i love it that you had your whipped cream "with scones," like the scones were some accompaniment to the cream

i crave a lot, but so far, my only real vice has been dark chocolate. i get the extra dark stuff (85%), so it's actually rather bitter. i have grown a real preference for it; i'm not sure if i'm subconsciously "punishing" myself by denying the more sugary chocolates, or if i really do appreciate the health benefits of the extremely dark chocolate... i like to think that having the more bitter stuff helps regulate me from eating too much, but some days, i'm not so sure. i think this next week on the scale at the mw's is going to be pretty revealing of just how much of it i've had lately.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page