December chat thread..HOHOHO! one month to go! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Crazy weekend for me (who usually has a very non-busy life). Friday we rented a car and did all of our Christmas shopping in one day. 11 hours of shopping is not as much fun when 36 weeks pregnant. But it's all done! Woo!

Saturday we had to go up to a fancy hotel for my DH's company Christmas party. It just happens to be right next to the biggest mall in the city so traffic was backed up all the way down the highway exit getting to it and my mom who was taking us has a car that randomly overheats. It didn't but she was stressed out about it and then it started raining cats and dogs. Anyway, DH's employers got us a room for the night so I got to soak in a big giant tub before the party. That was fantastic. Ours at home is entirely inadequate for a bath loving fiend like me.

Everyone at the party acted like I was about to bust out and drop a baby at any moment. I found it kind of amusing. When the guy handling luggage in the elevator nervously asked when my due date was and if it was my first I laughed and told him it was my third so I could handle delivering the baby in the elevator myself if it came down to it. I should have buckled over and groaned for dramatic effect.

Yesterday I managed to wound my tooth that needs a root canal by eating a piece of chocolate. Go me. It hasn't bothered me at all since earlier this fall and I do not want to have to deal with getting it repaired until after the baby comes. It hurt so badly last night that I took some of the Tylenol 3 they gave me then. It seems better this morning. *fingers crossed*
#62 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 01:01 PM

My DH comes home tomorrow!! Yay!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#63 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenma View Post
i'd also like to cook up some of my postpartum herbs, so i have sitz baths handy. i wonder if freezing some concentrated herbal ice cubes would be a good idea?
What do you use for sitz baths? How do you prepare? Please share!! Thanks.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#64 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmommie View Post
I am so happy for you!

My dh is my rock and I miss him so much when he is gone. He had about 3 months of field work during the first and second trimesters and it was rough.

I am weepy thinking of your dh coming home!

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#65 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 02:28 PM

I'm seriously hoping this baby will hit me with some heavy a$$ contractions this night, and maybe even come out, so that I can avoid the "You're being totally irresponsible" talk my midwives without a doubt have in store for me tomorrow. Ugh.

I'm kind of thinking I'm close anyway. I cleaned and tidied like a crazy person today, which is kind of unusual for me. I couldn't reach my cervix last night (still veeeeeeery high) but I'm hoping pineapple with help with that. I am SO ready.

Mama with babyboy.gif (2005), babyboy.gif (2008) & babygirl.gif (2010)

#66 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
::
YEY!!!

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#67 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, so who watches Survivor here? I haven't watched it all season, but I saw the finale last night. I started to cry when Mark Burnett, the producer of the show, offered one of the contestants 50k. She lost her job as a lunch lady, because the school thought she was too distracting, and was working as a janitor It was so sweet, I had hoped she would win the "most popular" vote worth 100k, but this was really touching.
Sooooo...today, my dh is gone to work, and I'm experiencing BH contx. for the first time. Since 8:30am Figures. I know they're bh because they are so random. So I guess this is a good thing? Sure, I'll take it as a good thing. Oh, and my swelling has gone down a ton! I'm so happy. I increased my protien and have been drinking a lot of water. Hopefully it'll stay this way.

#68 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ugg, I finally reached uncomfortable yesterday. I have had moments of it the last month or so but all day yesterday and last night, I just can not get comfortable. And I am really short tempered and bitchy. I really hope I do not have a month of this left, we will all be raving lunatics! But I hope this baby stays in a while, my last was born at 36 weeks and had breathing problems, So I want this one to be healthy. I am aiming for Jan 7. & 7 is my favorite number and 01/07/08 sounds like a good birthday. That puts this baby at 38 weeks, and gives a little time after Christmas.

I am about done with Christmas shopping, except for stocking stuffers. I have a few more things to make, but I should be able to get them finished up this week.

I got all the baby clothes out and I will wash them today or tomorrow, then get out the car seat and the diapers and get them washed

Congrats southernmommie on your dh coming home, I can not imagine doing this without mine, he is so awesome

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#69 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 04:07 PM

My DH is my world! I couldn't do it without him! Which is why I think I'm not having any BH. I usually have them by now. But my body is shut up tight with him being gone. I may be overloaded with catch up symptoms once he gets home! Lol. Anyways. I will be 37 weeks this Friday so we're good.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

m/c '97 and in '03

#70 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 04:45 PM

I'm so jealous that your DH will be here! HOPEFULLY mine can make it in time if we call when the time comes, but I don't know. 6 hours is a long time...a lot can happen by then, especially if you take into account the time before I know it's the real thing. *sigh*

I've been having some "painful" BH today. They aren't unbearable, but they definitely hurt. But very sporadic. I had never heard of this whole pineapple thing before...what does is supposedly do? Bring baby down?, start ctx? all of the above? I LOVE LOVE LOVE pineapple, so that would be worth it to try, even if it doesn't work! The thought of castor oil was freaking me out b/c I've heard it's gross.
#71 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
I'm so jealous that your DH will be here! HOPEFULLY mine can make it in time if we call when the time comes, but I don't know. 6 hours is a long time...a lot can happen by then, especially if you take into account the time before I know it's the real thing. *sigh*

I've been having some "painful" BH today. They aren't unbearable, but they definitely hurt. But very sporadic. I had never heard of this whole pineapple thing before...what does is supposedly do? Bring baby down?, start ctx? all of the above? I LOVE LOVE LOVE pineapple, so that would be worth it to try, even if it doesn't work! The thought of castor oil was freaking me out b/c I've heard it's gross.
:: I would like to know also. I don't think I will be doing any castor oil. I'd rather just let it come.

m/c '97 and in '03

#72 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
My DH is my world! I couldn't do it without him! Which is why I think I'm not having any BH. I usually have them by now. But my body is shut up tight with him being gone. I may be overloaded with catch up symptoms once he gets home! Lol. Anyways. I will be 37 weeks this Friday so we're good.
: My dh is my world too. This the first time he's been gone in almost a month, and NOW I'm having BH contx. Hmmm wonder what that means?
I never heard about pineapple either,and I've beeen craving it like crazy (I have a couple cans in the pantry I've been eyeing)

#73 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 05:00 PM

i have heard that only fresh pineapple works, not the canned stuff. i got all caught up in that with my first two pgs, once i was past 40 weeks. i don't think it did anything for me, and i'm not going to try anything this time around, until at least 41 weeks.

but maybe someone else has experienced success with the canned stuff. either way, good luck!!!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#74 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Sooo.. they've gone from random to about every 3 minutes. My back is bothering me, and I have a lot of bloody mucous...They don't hurt..much..just alot of pressure.
My dh just got home and they haven't gone away. This can't be good.

#75 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 07:26 PM

ooooo that sounds like something might be happening....

:

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#76 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
What do you use for sitz baths? How do you prepare? Please share!! Thanks.
here's a link with some suggestions

in addition to the list at the bottom of that page, i also use uva ursi and marshmallow (based upon suggestions in my "birthing from within" book and a previous mix i've used), but i'm not going to use tea tree oil (based upon some mama suggestions on these boards, different ddc i think - they were talking about tea tree oil forming too good of a seal on open skin and getting in the way of sealing and healing if there's a tear).

there are also some pre-mixed sitz bath herbs you can find like this one. that one has tea tree oil, but i think there are others out there too.

there is a store near my house where i can buy all kinds of herbs in bulk for wonderful prices, so i can get a huge bag of everything i want for the same price as a pre-mix. on the advice of one my friends who knows about this stuff (she helped me postpartum w/ dd) i boil one or two cups of an herb mix in a gallon soup pot filled with water. i let it steep for 10-20 minutes, strain it and then pour it into my tub with a shallow amount of bath water. then sit in it for about 20 minutes.

i was thinking that if i boiled and steeped a concentrated mixture and then froze it in ice cube trays i could have them ready to go for sitz baths on days when i don't have time to wait for the boil and steep. not sure if the freezing undermines the good herbal action....
#77 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdoingitagain View Post
Sooo.. they've gone from random to about every 3 minutes. My back is bothering me, and I have a lot of bloody mucous...They don't hurt..much..just alot of pressure.
My dh just got home and they haven't gone away. This can't be good.
whoa! sending you good and healthy vibes!
#78 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 10:44 PM

I think your body waited until DH got home! Lol. Are you due in early Jan? Are you full term yet? Good luck and definitely healthy vibes your way!

m/c '97 and in '03

#79 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 10:47 PM

Aak, another crappy day for poor DS. I wish I knew what was up with this kid, other than being 2.75 years old and expecting a sibling.

I never got my chili canned last night, because we were so tired after the potluck, so I'm working on it tonight. I also bought ingredients for 3 trays of lasagna, and thought I'd throw one together tonight while I worked on the chili. We only have one 9x13 pan, and I was planning to follow the foil-lined pan method, then freeze another one tomorrow, then the next day. Well, I finished assembling it, and realized that I FORGOT TO LINE THE PAN.

So.......we're eating it for dinner tonight. Which is not that big of a deal, as I had no dinner plans made yet, BUT DH is working late so I probably would have just thrown something easy together for kiddo and me. Oh well. At least DH has nice leftovers for lunch tomorrow. This just isn't what I intended for this food, that's all! This was supposed to be preparation, not tonight's dinner!

Exciting about the possible labor tonight, although I don't remember how far along you are, neverdoingitagain, so maybe it's not exciting. Either way, I wish you well tonight!!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#80 of 121 Old 12-17-2007, 11:34 PM

Survivor fan here!

It's funny because I think that getting to veg out and watch the finale was *almost* like another thing checked off of the list to be ready for the baby to come. But I agree, it was very nice of Mark Burnett to give her the money. I feel really bad for her!! That was just an awful ending for her.

So, I've had a very tough pregnancy. I've dealt with several different problems throughout, and have been pretty miserable the whole time. So even before I hit 37 weeks, I was like "OK, I'm almost to 37 and then we can start talking about coming out!" Well, I'm coming up on 38 now, so I'm well into my window. But on Sat night, I started feeling crampy for the first time, and I was like "nooooo! This is really not a good time!" DD was so sick that night. I laid in bed and couldn't sleep, and once I got up the crampy feelings went away. Now my whole attitude has changed, and I feel like, "well I've waited all this time, so please don't come before Christmas."

I'm also coming down with something. I have managed to stay rather healthy throughout this pregnancy (except for pretty bad anemia), and I sure don't want to be sick and in labor. I feel like that might jeopardize a homebirth - if I were to just run out of gas, kwim? So I'm doing all the stuff you do when a cold is upon you. Hopefully it won't fully develop.

Tannis - I sure hope you're doing OK!! I'm happy to hear your swelling has gone down.

Simplehome - you cracked me up "oh, I'll just throw together a lasagna while I make some chili." You must be superwoman in the kitchen!! For some time now, I don't do *anything* in the kitchen except reheat up something DH has cooked. I can barely move!
#81 of 121 Old 12-18-2007, 04:04 AM

Well, I got the chili canned, and DH DID make it home for dinner, so it was a good thing we had the lasagna to eat afterall.

Tomorrow's list:
•Put together another lasagna, this time with foil in the pan for freezing
•Actually assemble birth items in preparation for mw homevisit on Thursday

It feels like I'm stalling on this second item, and I wonder why. I HAVE most all of the stuff, how hard can it be to put it in one place? Oh well. At least I have a concrete deadline. I'm also feeling like I should put down some bed protection on my side sometime soon here, just in case.

Please send all of the happy toddler vibes you may have my way for tomorrow....these past 5 days have been horrid, and I'm SO done.

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#82 of 121 Old 12-18-2007, 05:19 AM

Re: pineapple - it contains an enzyme (bromelain) that helps ripen the cervix and can help bring on labor. It has to be fresh, though. The canned stuff has been heated and that destroys the bromelain.
No ctxs for me, but my hips are killing me. Guess I overdid it yesterday...

Tannis, any news?? Exciting!

Mama with babyboy.gif (2005), babyboy.gif (2008) & babygirl.gif (2010)

#83 of 121 Old 12-18-2007, 10:27 AM

That's cool! I will stop by our commissary when picking up DH and get some pineapple! I have to buy some granny pee pads also for myself for after birth bleeding. Kill two birds with one stone! Plus, traffic is going to be killer trying to get off the stupid base with the ship pulling in! That's why we are leaving so early, so we can beat parking traffic and get as close as we can so I don't have to walk very far! I mean, Ummmm hellooo... pregnant lady here about to pop!!!

m/c '97 and in '03

#84 of 121 Old 12-18-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
woohoo! my dh's ship pulls in tomorrow!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#85 of 121 Old 12-18-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyTheCat View Post
Re: pineapple - it contains an enzyme (bromelain) that helps ripen the cervix and can help bring on labor.
my ds was born about 18 hours after eating a whole pineapple, lol. i also hear that fresh pineapple or fresh pineapple juice majorly helps with afterpains.

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#86 of 121 Old 12-18-2007, 10:51 AM

ok, so i feel like i have to check this thread for any update on tannis, too!

sure do wonder...

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#87 of 121 Old 12-19-2007, 01:30 AM

wow i haven't checked this thread in like two days and now there are almost two new pages. suddenly we have all gotten very chatty! haha.

i'm so eager for some of you early jan mamas to have their babies. i'm hoping tannis is doing good. still no update on here. i'm 35 weeks today and just keep thinking that it would be so awesome to have this baby at 37 or 38 weeks. i know that i don't have anything to do with this and ultimately i just want a healthy baby, but i'm so ready to meet him and not be pregnant anymore. at the same time i'm enjoying how much i can do with just a toddler. i remember having a new baby and how doing anything was so impossible. i was never able to shower because ds would cry if i put him in the bouncer or anything. he had to be held constantly. he never napped unless i held him so i spent the first month or so just sitting holding him all the time, so that he could sleep. i would hold my pee and not get up to eat all because i didn't want to disturb him. i don't see that happening for this baby. i am completely at a loss for wrapping my mind around how i am going to take care of a baby and a toddler at the same time and meet everyone's needs. i think that ds is going to get a good taste of not getting everything he wants all the time. i wish someone would give me some advice on how to manage a 2.75 year old and a newborn.

i love reading about what everyone else is doing. we are all so busy. it seems like we are insane for having children around the holidays. haha. i have also recently prepared my sitz bath for after the birth, and lightly soaked some sanitary pads in the sitz bath and frozen them for use immediately after the birth. i did this with ds and they were wonderful. i have not packed our bags for the birth center yet. i can't seem to find a bag or two that i want to use so i can't seem to make any progress on this. i don't exactly know what to bring for ds. i don't know how much he is going to want to be with me or he will just want to go play at my sister's house. i he goes to my sisters i'm not going to pack him anything at all. i would just really like for him to be there for the birth, but i guess he is **** a little young to get it.

our christmas is almost ready. we haven't wrapped anything, but that usually never gets done until the night before. i have told most of my family that i'm just going to put bows on stuff rather than wrapping it, but i still have to wrap all of the gifts that my mother buys for everyone. both my sister and i bring our families and stay at my mother's house for the holidays. we have planned ahead and made a menu in advance of what we are going to eat everyday while we are all home. this was such a good idea. we are going friday night to do all the shopping for this. i feel relatively prepared for christmas even though i have a long list of small things to do. tomorrow i am going to deliver presents to friends. that should be fun!
#88 of 121 Old 12-19-2007, 04:11 AM

Our hubbies are probably on the same ship if it is a carrier. My friend lives in WA too and he is on DH's ship too. They have to fly them down to get on! LOL.

I am planning on UC'ing this baby, so we have everything ready that I can think of. I bought a birth kit and then some other supplies like a couple of shower curtains, cotton balls, quetips, granny pee pads, ect. I think I am about ready. Any ideas on how to get the fermaldyde smell out of the shower curtains before I use them? I do not want to be smelling that when I take them out of the packages! It's too strong for a laboring woman! Anyways, good night ladies. I couldn't sleep and neither could DH so I popped on here while he ran to the store. Once he gets home he is going to get on here and play WoW. I'm just so glad he's home!

m/c '97 and in '03

#89 of 121 Old 12-19-2007, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Any ideas on how to get the fermaldyde smell out of the shower curtains before I use them? I do not want to be smelling that when I take them out of the packages! It's too strong for a laboring woman!
I would throw them through the washing machine and then hang them outside or in a garage for a few days.

Glad to hear your dh is home and safe.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#90 of 121 Old 12-19-2007, 10:46 AM

Wow, I feel like I can finally start getting ready for baby! Our boys left yesterday (the 10 of them that we take care of) and are gone for two weeks. Whaaahooooo!!!! I was so ready for a vacation. DH is also leaving for 5 days to go up north and visit family . . . my project is going to be getting our house ready. He's going to rearrange all the furniture before he leaves and then I can take my time cleaning and organizing. Our house is so small that we pretty much have to rearrange every piece of furniture. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the job.

Most of our Christmas stuff is done because we do it with our boys- once they leave I almost feel like Christmas is over. We will do some presents with DH and my brother- all our other family is faaaaar away, which actually leaves me with a peaceful, quiet holiday.

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page