Anyone else feel dizzy out of nowhere sometimes? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-08-2007, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel dizzy occaisionaly and am not sure why. I could chalk it up to higher blood volume, lower blood pressure and well just pregnancy in general but last night I was sitting reading and I just started to feel all spinny and dizzy. The baby was moving around alot and I even got up and got the phone and called my dp (who is 7 hours away) to call and check on me today to make sure that if something happened the kids would be taken care of like if I had to go to the hospital and I wasnt able to call him to let him know.

I took some rescue remedy and we went to bed and today I feel a littel fuzzy headed but not dizzy. I ate and drank a bunch and took some vitamin b, c, and some probiotics.

So anyways, anyone else?
Angela
#2 of 9 Old 12-08-2007, 03:30 PM

Yep, I have my entire pregnancy lol.. I just make sure to find somewhere to sit so I dont pass out..
#3 of 9 Old 12-08-2007, 04:21 PM

every day around 10 am, and sometimes here and there. mainly though, right after breakfast, no matter what i eat. i also have to find somewhere to sit down.
i initially thought it was B, so i started taking more B. same.
then i thought it was iron, so i started taking liquid iron. same.
sometimes i think it's protein, but i give up. my diet is healthy, my supplements are solid. perhaps it does have something to do with higher blood volume, lower bp. my heart rate has been higher than normal and i still usually have a bp of 98/58 or so...

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

#4 of 9 Old 12-08-2007, 05:40 PM

I think it's just being this pregnant. It happens to me from time to time, it sort of comes over me and I feel like I need to grab onto something so I don't fall down. Then my anxiety kicks in and that does not help!

It sounds like you did well with it, considering you were home alone with your kids. God bless the rescue remedy!!!!

I know for me I also attribute it to lower BP. Mine is usually 98-102/58-62. That, combined with all the extra blood, plus the hormones is enough to make anyone's head spin! Just make sure you are drinking enough also and having enough sodium in your diet too.

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#5 of 9 Old 12-08-2007, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

If my anxiety would stop taking advantage during the dizzy spells then it would be alot easier to cope. Rescue remedy is my best friend lately!!
Angela
#6 of 9 Old 12-08-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaB View Post
If my anxiety would stop taking advantage during the dizzy spells then it would be alot easier to cope. Rescue remedy is my best friend lately!!
Angela
I can totally relate! I started a preg + anx thread in the general pregnancy forum. I have taken rescue remedy almost every day for the past 2 weeks for panic attacks! Being dizzy and all those other wonderful 3rd trimester symptoms are really easy to over-react to and then it's easy to become anxious that they will happen again. Such a struggle at times! At least we are nearing the final stages and soon will be too tired to get anxious about being dizzy

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#7 of 9 Old 12-08-2007, 07:56 PM

i get this sometimes too, also usually in the morning after breakfast and/or my shower. sometimes it happens during the late morning/mid-day. a couple of weeks ago i stood up too quickly at work while my coworker was talking to me. i had to ask her to repeat herself because i was distracted by the shooting stars in my periphery! yep, i see stars sometimes when i stand up too fast.
#8 of 9 Old 12-08-2007, 08:42 PM

My head gets swimmy and I feel the need to lay down quite often. In fact, I just spent half my afternoon laying on the couch, trying to sleep while my head spun and the baby kicked me in the bladder and stomach, making me feel nauseous (which doesn't help on top of spinny head) and as though I had a UTI. Fun times.
#9 of 9 Old 12-09-2007, 02:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I too get the dizzies occassionally and just chalk it up to all the hormones and being a stage of pregnancy. It will pass..........

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page