Is there any nameless babies still? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 12-12-2007, 12:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*sigh* i have a ton of names that i like.. but none feel just right yet. its frustrating but i know a name will come.. when its time!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#32 of 37 Old 12-12-2007, 05:37 PM

Yeah, my baby is nameless, too. I get so sick of ppl asking if I have a name picked out... and then when I say no they proceed to either a) come up with really lame names that are totally not me or b) say "why don't you name yr kid ______" [insert wacko name].

I'm not getting much help here!
#33 of 37 Old 12-12-2007, 06:23 PM

Yes I totally HATE it when people do the "Why don't you name it _____" and it's always names I don't like.

Like last time, we agreed to pick the name before we know the gender because we want a gender-free name. And once the baby is born, it's difficult to not know the gender. I lasted 30 minutes last time. My husband didn't look for about 8 hours I think.

Anyway, I have the perfect name. I love it. Love it. But my husband says absolutely not. No way. Won't consider it, so I should forget it. Being as stubborn as I am, I can't give up on it. I have come up with another name that I am so-so about, and he feels the same way. I don't want to name my baby a name we are so-so about. I ask him to come up with names. He has only come up with a variation of another name I came up with that he said no to. And I don't like his variation.

Sigh. I wish we could agree. I am due on the 1st, so I feel like it could be any day now.

-Lauren
#34 of 37 Old 12-14-2007, 03:53 PM

No name here either. We don't know the gender so we have TWO names we need. I think we have a girl name but not a boy name AT ALL!!

Anyone have any good name sites to suggest?? I need to at least start thinking of this . . . .

~~Mama to DS1 6/05 and DS2 12/07~~
#35 of 37 Old 12-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniscus View Post
No name here either. We don't know the gender so we have TWO names we need. I think we have a girl name but not a boy name AT ALL!!

Anyone have any good name sites to suggest?? I need to at least start thinking of this . . . .
This one is fun - it randomly comes up with names, including middle names.

This one
is cool because it gives a ton of info about the name, including the popularity of it over the years.
#36 of 37 Old 12-14-2007, 04:51 PM

We have a boy name, but no girl one. This is what happened with dd2 so she didn't have a name for a week and a half.
#37 of 37 Old 12-14-2007, 07:45 PM

We're nameless too. Nothing for a boy, nadda for a girl. I guess I kind of just want to see what the baby looks like, first. Well, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page