Antsy, Can't sleep...just gonna ramble - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-16-2007, 03:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So we spent the entire day (like 10am til 11pm) cleaning the house and re-arranging and such...so i should be tired right? NOPE! As soon as I went upstairs to go to bed, I got this incredible anxious feeling! I started folding baby stuff and I packed all three hospital bags and then randomly decided that I needed to do laundry at 1130pm. Then as I was putting away the baby clothes I became overwhelmed with the fear that in spite of the large quantities of stuff I DO have, I won't have enough! Like what if I don't have enough onesies...what if he's too big for the newborn sizes?? I've already washed it all...that would be a waste of money! What if Dh can't get here? What if, what if, what if??? So now, I can't sleep. *sigh*

As of Thursday, I am not dilated and baby is still high. I'm pretty sure I have been losing pieces of my plug throughout today though. Not that it really means anything. So yeah...I just feel very unprepared suddenly...in spite of how prepared I actually am!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-16-2007, 05:12 AM

Try some Rescue Remedy!

I think these thoughts are totally normal and a sign you are getting there. I hope you manage to get some sleep finally!

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#3 of 6 Old 12-16-2007, 05:25 AM

I'm right there with ya! I haven't had too much insomnia this pregnancy, but I sure have it tonight. Like you, DH and I spent the day doing preparations. The birth suite is finally ready, and I've been pushing loads of laundry thru today. I finally went thru the hand-me-downs of newborn clothes from friends, and I'm excited because I really do have enough!

But, DD is very, very sick, and I'm anxious for her. I laid down to go to sleep about 2 hours ago, so I really did try. Sleep just never came. And on top of that I had a few painful "things" going on. Don't think they were contractions, but definitely felt like a period cramp or something. So I'm on high-alert. But this baby is high and I haven't even started losing my mucous plug. I don't really think the baby is coming until mid-Jan sometime.

Guess I'm going to keep plugging away at getting Christmas cards out.
#4 of 6 Old 12-16-2007, 06:09 AM

I'm with you on the insomnia! I went sledding with my two young kids for a large portion of the day. All that climbing up the hill.... I think I overdid it I've been getting ALOT of Braxton Hicks Contractions, they keep waking me up. I finally came downstairs to get a snack and I can hardly walk because I'm so stiff from sledding! Man, I'm out of shape! Well, I should try to go back to sleep.... we have a family Christmas gathering tomorrow. I hope I can walk!
#5 of 6 Old 12-16-2007, 10:25 AM
g&a

I'm up, too. It's 6am. We spent the day making christmas presents. It was a lot of bending and standing, and I am just pooped. I've got a cup of chamomile/lemonbalm/oatstraw tea going, and will likely be fast asleep by the time the alarm rings at 8.
g.

Canadian mama to A (C/S May 2004) and R (induced VBAC Dec 2007) expecting #3 in July.  Currently obsessing over permaculture, photography and beekeeping.

#6 of 6 Old 12-16-2007, 02:00 PM

Nesting is starting!! That last final nesting stage is hitting all of you! It's that time gals!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page