Goopy eye....mine?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-17-2007, 04:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This afternoon, my eye suddenly started gooping up. It's still going on, and it's seriously annoying. I Googled "pink eye", but I don't think that's it, because it isn't itchy or sore, just....goopy. Anybody have any idea what it could be? I have a cold, too, but I've never had goopy eyes as a side effect of a cold before...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Hmmmm...I don't know. Every time I get a goopy eye it is pink eye. It doesn't hurt or feel sore, just gets very goopy and crusty.

Has it spread to the other eye?

May just be a clogged tear duct as well. A warm wash cloth and a light massage can usually get the duct flowing freely again.

Hope it clears for you soon.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Old 12-17-2007, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the response, Ruthiegirl...I think I'm going to the dr tomorrow to get it checked. I mean, it's not sore, itchy or pink for that matter, but I'd rather get it taken care of soon rather than have it drag on into Christmas (or worse, labour!). I couldn't open that eye this morning, it was all crusted over....EEEEEEEEWWWWWW...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 12-17-2007, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
Thanks for the response, Ruthiegirl...I think I'm going to the dr tomorrow to get it checked. I mean, it's not sore, itchy or pink for that matter, but I'd rather get it taken care of soon rather than have it drag on into Christmas (or worse, labour!). I couldn't open that eye this morning, it was all crusted over....EEEEEEEEWWWWWW...
Yah, that sounds like pink eye. I get it whenever my immune system is weakened.

Are you nursing? Breastmilk is a great way to get rid of pink eye. I have dripped a bit of milk in my eyes and in the kids' eyes when we have gotten pink eye and I haven't been able to get to the Dr for the antibiotics. It works well enough, though the meds work faster.

Good luck! Pregnancy is tough enough without have crusty eyes.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Old 12-17-2007, 03:29 PM

I agree with Rutiegirl about the breastmilk, it has helped several eye issues in my family.

I hope it gets better soon.

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

Old 12-17-2007, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Well, my eye seems to be better today - no pinkness, goopiness, and the swelling is going down. I wore makeup yesterday (don't wear it often), and may have gotten some eye makeup in my eye. It isn't old makeup, but this is the first time some may have gotten in my eyes...

Anyway, thanks for the responses - I will definitely go to the dr tomorrow if it persists or gets worse. Unfortunately, my ds weaned last month, so I don't have any breastmilk right now.

User Tag List