I wrenched my back out. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-17-2007, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ow!!! I totally wrenched the right side of my back to the point that it hurts to turn certain ways. How, you ask? Why, by having to haul around my sick ds these past few days. I finally took him into the doctor this morning, wrenched back and all, and had to of course help restrain him so they could just freaking do a basic EXAM (he's autistic and is amazingly strong and HATES doctors). He has croup. Sigh. They gave him a steroid shot, and I could have kissed the nurses when they came in and said that they decided I was too pregnant to have to hold him by myself, so they brought reinforcements. If you've never experienced an autistic child physically fighting you, let me put it this way...they have no fight or flight response check system. They are pure adrenaline when they are fighting, even at the tender age of 3. It's a total upper and lower body workout to have to hold ds still so the doctor can listen to his chest, look in his ears, look in his throat, and give a shot.

So now my back is just absolutely killing me. KILLING. me. When dh gets home I'm going to marinate in my bath tub for a few years.

Bleah. Am I done being pregnant yet???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 09:42 PM

Sorry DS is sick, and even sorrier that you hurt your back! Hope DH"s home soon so you can relax and take a nice soak! It IS almost over!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:31 AM

Oh my gosh! So not only does your back hurt like heck but you get to have tons of fun with a sick babe. Ugh. I so feel for you! Hopefully it gets better quickly. Can you go to chiro? Hope your little man feels better ASAP.

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:29 PM

Almost done!

Stay-at-home mom to 2 beautiful.busy.boisterous boys b. 08.17.05 & 12.29.08
Nirvana is . . . the living happiness of a soul which is conscious of itself and conscious of having found its own abode in the heart of the Eternal. --Gandhi
Old 12-18-2007, 08:18 PM

I know exactly where you are coming from. My ds with autism is almost 6 now and I can still restrain him but the belly is really in the way. We had to draw blood and man I was so sore the next day! He has gotten better about it though I dont have to hold so tight and he trys to stay still but he just doesnt understand.
Im really sorry about your back and I hope it feels better soon. I hope your ds feels better too!!!
Angela

User Tag List