Oh, how I hate the common cold.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-18-2007, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's bad enough that I'm almost 38 weeks pregnant and have the worst cold I've ever experienced. But when said cold makes you hack up a lung first thing in the morning, triggering your gag reflex, when then makes you THROW UP all over the shower.....that's just gross.

I'd really, REALLY like to be healthy for Christmas, much less the birth of this baby....please??? Pretty please???

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2007, 02:24 PM

I was JUST moments ago having that conversation with my mother!! I can't seem to shake this cold either! Hope you (and me both!) start feeling much better VERY soon!! Stuffed up sinuses make it difficult to do proper breathing!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:43 PM

I'm working on shaking off a cold right now, too! It's the first and only time I'v been sick during this pregnancy and it's no fun to have it now at the end of the road. Sleeping is next to impossible, and I keep triggering my gag reflex too. SO GROSS.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
Old 12-18-2007, 04:36 PM

I want to be able to spend a lot of time with my daughter while she's still an only child, but I'm too sick! I'd like to bake lots of Christmas cookies, get the house ready for the baby, but all I can do is cough and sneeze.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:36 PM

I hear you with the gag reflux. I wake up, cough and run to the bathroom to puke. It is NASTY! I too have been fighting a cold/sinus thing for about a month now. I was told by the pharmasist that I can take anything at this point, but I'll stick to my Oil or Oregano, Prenatal, Vit C and B complex. It is what I take normally. The only caution is the O of Oreg, but if I can take drugs then I'll take my chances! I hope your felling better

Penny(34), DH Leon(36) DD Abi (4) DS Jacob (2)
Old 12-18-2007, 06:43 PM

I hope you feel better soon! We all had a nasty cold that lasted about 5 weeks...it was a super cold or something. Yuck! Hopefully yours ends quickly!

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Well, a bad update - after giving me this cold last week, dh is home sick today with ANOTHER cold! Ack - I'll never be healthy for Christmas at this rate!!!

Hope all you with colds are better soon...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 12-19-2007, 02:31 AM

I gave up, I need to sleep tonight. I took one Tylenol Cold night time. I dont usually take anything, but, I feel awful!

Penny(34), DH Leon(36) DD Abi (4) DS Jacob (2)
Old 12-19-2007, 02:35 AM

My cold is pretty much better, but last week was aweful. I kept telling myself, "better now than in a few more weeks."

Only now I smacked my toe really hard a few nights ago, and it is very painful. So painful to sleep that I am going to the Dr. tomorrow...I am not a big fan of doctors, but after 2 days, the pain seems worse, and I have no idea why it is hurting, as I can't bend down far enough to see. Ingrown toenail? cut? bruised bone? infection? I don't know...but it hurts like heck. I have had to take tylenol to sleep.

If it's not one thing it's another.

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

Old 12-19-2007, 10:35 AM

I'm starting to have panic attacks because I can't breathe out of my nose. It's scary.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:44 PM

to all of you! I'm coming down with something myself. I'm at the very beginning, and nervous about what's in store. Hopefully my homeopath can help me kick this out. My midwives said not to worry, that our bodies will most likely hold of labor while we are sick. But in reading Finch's posts of the day, that may not be true for her!

User Tag List