Food, glorious food - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-18-2007, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Can I just comment on how wonderful it is to be pregnant at the holidays??!!

After severe vommitting during the first trimester, I am living it up in the land of eggnog and Christmas cookies. I will regret this later I know, but I am thoroughly enjoying the holiday treats. I just got back from Trader Joe's and have fridge full of good cheese, delicious bread, smoked trout, ingredients to bake 5-6 dozen cookies and more.

I am going to roast the juiciest turkey for Christmas dinner, dh is making oyster stuffing, scalloped potatoes, apple pie, chocolate panforte...must stop my drooling.

Everywhere I go, someone is handing me something good to eat. I am in heaven....fat, happy heaven.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#2 of 8 Old 12-18-2007, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I agree! I LOVE being pregnant over the holidays.... going up for 2nds and using the never-failing excuse that 'I'm eating for TWO' :
I know I'm going to regret it later... I'm up to around 45 lbs weight gain so far!! Yikes!
#3 of 8 Old 12-18-2007, 09:48 PM

Food this time of year is sooo good but yet sooo bad...so many treats and desserts

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#4 of 8 Old 12-18-2007, 10:22 PM

I am finally craving things now (after having trouble eating/gaining the whole time). It's great! Dh has started making home made cinnamon rolls on the weekends with cream cheese icing. Yum! I do find myself craving some foods I've chosen to avoid (cold cuts and raw cookie dough), but all in all, things taste sooooo good! I am so into cream cheese and crackers now it's nuts. They taste so incredibly good to me! I just wish I had more room in my tummy to fit it all!

I've had to swear off all tomato product due to horrible heart burn and that means no macaroni or pizza (the way I like them anyway). That's been rough! But they are both on my list of "must haves" for the BF stage.

For Christmas I am most looking forward to rice balls from the Italian deli (yummy cheesy rice with a gob of mozzarella and sauce in the middle all breaded and probably fried then baked....seriously the size of a softball.....ummmm!).

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#5 of 8 Old 12-18-2007, 11:12 PM

All you lucky lucky mamas...
Chanukah's been over for a while now already, and people aren't keen about offering pregnant ladies deep fried latkes (potato pancakes) and donuts! As much as I protested...! Sigh...
#6 of 8 Old 12-18-2007, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by photogirl View Post
I agree! I LOVE being pregnant over the holidays.... going up for 2nds and using the never-failing excuse that 'I'm eating for TWO' :
I know I'm going to regret it later... I'm up to around 45 lbs weight gain so far!! Yikes!
I have gained as well, but I lost a ton during the puke-all-day trimester, so it is balancing out. And pregnancy weight seems to drop off pretty fast.

Really though, I am thrilled to be able to eat and keep it down! Hooray for the third trimester.

#7 of 8 Old 12-18-2007, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahirakids View Post
Food this time of year is sooo good but yet sooo bad...so many treats and desserts
Yes, the treats are awesome and rich and sugary and a bit decadent! And there is all the other good stuff that I only buy during the holidays -- good cheese, smoked salmon, olives, better cuts of meat.

It is feast-i-val time at my house and you are all invited! All the pregnant ladies come on over and enjoy some good food.

And a special invite to baschabad!

#8 of 8 Old 12-19-2007, 09:44 PM

I love holiday food! Eggnog, turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, ham, pie... :

Great. Now I'm starving

Mama to two boys and a girl.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page