Postpartum belt - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-19-2007, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow this looks pretty interesting! There was another thread earlier on "belly binding" and I was thinking about revisiting it again because I really like the idea of doing something with my belly to give it support right after.....I had thought of a "bella band" but I'm not sure if it would give the best support. My midwife says just tie a sheet around yourself which one could totally do but then it would look like you had a funny looking middle which I know is not the point but surely there has to be a better way. Then I thought about sewing some wrap around and tie shirts and I'm still thinking about that.

Thanks for posting this, I'm interested in what other mamas are going to say!
#2 of 4 Old 12-19-2007, 03:17 PM

I kinda like the back support, too. I tried one of the PP bands from Target last time, but I only wore in like once?? The elastic rolled and I found it generally useless.
#3 of 4 Old 12-19-2007, 04:18 PM

Those Japanese ones look so feminine and beautiful! Even DH wouldn't mind seeing me undress with one of those! Lol. Anyway.

I would think about it if I had the money right now. Maybe on the 1st payday.... They look more customized to a human body than the generic ones I see here in the US.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#4 of 4 Old 12-19-2007, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Those look really nice. Much better than the crummy ones I see in the drugstores.

I had a few pairs of high waisted snug unders that felt really good after my last baby. Just having that little bit of compression was very comforting while everything was moving back into place. And it helped me not feel so loosey-goosey in my middle.

I was looking at these:

http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/pr...roductId=71283

or maybe these (more compression):

http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/pr...ntCategoryId=3

Not sure how comfy they'll be right after delivery, but a week or so later, they might be just the thing. Of course, the big drawback is that you have to pull them up and down for every trip to the toilet. And they aren't as lovely as the Japanese ones.

Hmmm...still mulling it over.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page