Where's my nesting urge?!?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All I want to do is sleep, eat and read. My house is a mess. I need to be cleaning for Christmas and the baby. Argh! I need that late pregnancy surge of energy that everyone talks about.
#2 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 03:16 PM

Hey, if you find your nesting urge, let me know. I'm looking for mine also.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#3 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 03:19 PM

I'm also looking for my nesting urge. I was way more motivated until last week. Now I all I want to do is lay around eating jam thumbprints and chocolate chip cookies.
#4 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 03:27 PM

Me too... I hope this babe doesn't come early because i don't have anything sorted out and don't feel like it.... i have a feeling that once i'm in the hospital i'm gonna have to send family home to get everything 'ready'

~*Have more than you show, speak less than you know*~

#5 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 04:12 PM

i don't have any nesting stuff going on, either. sure would be nice if we could hold babies off that way.

i just want to get through christmas stuff and the company i have in town now. maybe then i can think about actually having a baby... it's not like i'm a procrastinator by nature or anything. i'm usually really organized. i just don't feel "nesty" at all.

glad i'm not alone!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#6 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 04:13 PM

It will come. We still have December to get through.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#7 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 04:50 PM

I have THOUGHTS about nesting!

Oh how great it would be to clean out my cabinets, and get them organized.. but then i realize how much WORK that is, so i sit down, and watch tv.

Yea, woo
#8 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolSide View Post

Oh how great it would be to clean out my cabinets, and get them organized.. but then i realize how much WORK that is, so i sit down, and watch tv.

Yea, woo
Yup.

As I lay in bed and stare up at the ceiling fan I think, "Hrm, gee it sure would be nice if someone cleaned off the large clods of dust that are swirling around on the fan blades." Then I eat a cookie, put my book down and go back to sleep.
#9 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavaleh View Post
Yup.

As I lay in bed and stare up at the ceiling fan I think, "Hrm, gee it sure would be nice if someone cleaned off the large clods of dust that are swirling around on the fan blades." Then I eat a cookie, put my book down and go back to sleep.

I thought that was what husbands were for. Making my wishes a reality Poor hunny. Ive been using him to fullfill some of the more bizzare nesting urges like fan cleaning, touch up painting, baseboard cleaning.. lol
#10 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I wish my house was clean, and it is driving me crazy, but I have no energy to do it

And if I clean anything up, it take and hour and my gils destroy 10 other things in the mean time.

We have NO baby stuff out. I am waiting until after Christmas, then I will get it out and wash it all. I am not due until the end of Jan, so hopefully I have lots of time.

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#11 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 06:04 PM

I've got the urge, alright. I just don't have the energy. I have about a zillion things I want to do, but am too tired and too sick (bad head cold) to do a damn thing about it. Bleah. It's driving me absolutely batty.
#12 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 06:15 PM

I have had bouts of nesting, followed quicky by bouts of exhaustion! This morning dh took dd to daycare, I got up at 9, got back into bed with breakfast, got dressed around 10:30....and then I was off! Loaded and ran the dw, wrapped up christmas cookies for gifts, packed food, went to run errands from 11:30-4!!!!! And then I felt like I was going to fall asleep in the car so I'm back. I had grand plans for tonight but now all I want to do is crawl into bed. I'm going to try and get dinner on and rest before venturing out to get dd.

Perhaps after the holidays we will all be fully nesting.....either way, the babies will come when they come....ready or not

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#13 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 06:18 PM

i think that for me, it's just a matter of not having *time* for nesting right now. thank GOODNESS i'm not planning a december baby. i don't know how i'd manage everything if i was planning on giving birth anytime too soon! i'm trying to do too much other stuff right now.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#14 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafwood View Post
I have had bouts of nesting, followed quickly by bouts of exhaustion!
This is me too. I'm good for some deep cleaning, then I'm sore and tired and have to stop for a few days. My kitchen was spotless, then I cooked a massive gourmet meal (and put half in the freezer) and now I have no energy to clean the mess. Ugh.

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#15 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 06:39 PM

If anyone has any extra, could they please send some of these nesting vibes my way? Luckily dh has the next couple weeks off. I haven't done everything and now I'm being urged to schedule an induction before the end of December (like I'd really agree to that...) I really want to clean and organize. It's all I did before my first child was born, but really by 11 (in the morning, unfortunately) all I have the energy for is computer vegging and crocheting. I'm still trying to get the energy to sew some diapers. I got desperate enough yesterday to order some gdiapers in case the urge doesn't come before the baby does!
#16 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 06:50 PM

I'm feeling sort of nesty, but I'm also at 38 weeks tomorrow. My midwives wanted everything ready 2 weeks ago! So we are actually making progress on stuff, but DH is really doing most of it. Poor guy, I do the computer veg time, and make endless lists for him. I still don't have my birth bed made up, but we've been taking test swims in the birth pool for the last couple of weeks! I finally dug out my old sheets and washed them last night, but DH will have to make the bed.

I'm in that "boat" of being very exhausted and in a lot of pain most of the time. If I'm vertical, I get a combo of BH contactions plus a baby head grinding on my bladder. I've spent so much time wishing for the end to hurry up and get here, but now that I can actually *wish* the baby out, I really want the baby to wait until after Christmas - I'm so not ready!!
#17 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 07:15 PM

Nesting urg!!! What that? I haven't seen mine ever? I wish it would hurry up and get here. Because there is so much to do. Not to mention I still haven't had a baby shower. Ugg every thing is a mess!
#18 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 08:52 PM
g&a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolSide View Post

Yea, woo
I'm with ya, there! Hoping that no nesting means baby will hold off a little longer.... Wishful thinking, the way this DDC is going...

g.

Canadian mama to A (C/S May 2004) and R (induced VBAC Dec 2007) expecting #3 in July.  Currently obsessing over permaculture, photography and beekeeping.

#19 of 19 Old 12-19-2007, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
My house is a mess and I haven't gotten the cleaning bug, but I did paint my bathroom today. My nesting urge is selective.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page