Anyone trying to turn their posterior baby anterior? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-20-2007, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My first babe was posterior. This one is posterior right now (head down). I'm trying to do these recs: http://www.motherspirit.net/articles...reventpost.htm. Anyone else?

Stay-at-home mom to 2 beautiful.busy.boisterous boys b. 08.17.05 & 12.29.08
Nirvana is . . . the living happiness of a soul which is conscious of itself and conscious of having found its own abode in the heart of the Eternal. --Gandhi
#2 of 8 Old 12-20-2007, 08:15 PM

Thanks for that link! She feels anterior most of the time but once in awhile she seems to spin around to posterior. Is that common?

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#3 of 8 Old 12-20-2007, 08:33 PM

yes. They can still spin even though they are head down. I was reading about how to "help" (if you can) baby get into a position for labor and the things that were listed were to not lean back in a chair. Sit up. Put a pillow between your back and the back of a chair. To also not sit back in the bed. Lean up. Something about having your belly more forward will help baby face the right way. I don't know if it is true, but I read it in more than one place. Maybe this will help you? I hope so.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#4 of 8 Old 12-20-2007, 08:41 PM

I've heard quite a lot about using the 'belly lift' to turn them around. On my highly recommended reading list (that I haven't read yet) is "back labor no more" that describes it as well.
#5 of 8 Old 12-20-2007, 10:22 PM

yes, like hell! my first was posterior too, as is this one ... i'm trying adn wishing hard on her to turn!!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#6 of 8 Old 12-20-2007, 11:08 PM

ds was posterior and i am really hoping that that does not happen again. the midwife told us last time the ds was posterior and recommended doing things to get him to turn, but i don't remember at what point she told us that. i don't know what this one is right now. i tried so hard to get ds to turn last time but he waited until right before his head popped out to turn. labor was absolutely terrible. i dont really want to do that again. but i haven't really started thinking about that this time. i guess i should.
#7 of 8 Old 12-20-2007, 11:45 PM

I have a posterior, sometimes half anterior baby and I just CANNOT have back labor again

I have done pelvic tilts every day, not like she is saying ..... I usually do a few in the shower everyday. Yes I have washed the kitchen floor on my hands and knees....once and basically it's just so hard to stay focused when all I can think about is trying to stay as comfortable as I can. But like I said I just can't go through that again. I keep thinking that I will not regret it during labor if I give up comfort even now.

What a great article though, thank you so much for posting it. I will get after myself right now and do something......

#8 of 8 Old 12-21-2007, 02:13 AM

mine is posterior now too. my midwife today said to do about 200 pelvic rocks a day and to make sure to sleep on my left side... we'll see!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page