waiting for the nesting phase - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-20-2007, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am waiting for my nesting stage to kick in. I feel it building. Like little things that are annoying me that aren't cleaned or done yet, but have no energy to do them! I'm feeling like this weekend will be a big energy spurt for me. DH will be home and not working, the kids will be home, and we will be having the whole week to enjoy! I'm debating on how long to leave the tree up for. Not sure if I want to take it down following Christmas or wait until the week is up. I don't want to leave it up too long in case the baby comes and then I really won't be able to take it down for a while! Lol. Knowing me, it will be up till February! Can you imagine that?! Seeing a Christmas tree in someone's window in February?!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#2 of 6 Old 12-20-2007, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm not in your DDC, but I know a woman who decorates her Christmas tree with hearts ....

and leaves it up for Valentines day Maybe you just need some new ornaments!

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#3 of 6 Old 12-20-2007, 04:57 PM

I dont take our tree down till it is dead. Last year it lasted till the last weekend of January before loosing many needles. I just love having it up If we ever get a fake tree Im totally stealing the hearts idea.
#4 of 6 Old 12-20-2007, 05:09 PM

I never nest. Too bad because my house could really use a frantic deep-cleaning. Ah well. I say leave the tree up, mines a fake one so who knows when we'll get around to taking it down. Or you could do what my Nana did (RIP) just stuck the whole thing in a closet to be taken out fully decorated next year

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#5 of 6 Old 12-20-2007, 08:11 PM

I've been nesting like crazy the last few weeks!

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#6 of 6 Old 12-20-2007, 08:17 PM

I started nesting.... I'm not due for six weeks but when the false labour hits... I think WHAT IF??? and start going like mad! I cooked a turkey last night and made 8 turkey pot pies today. All because I experienced some more uncomfortable contractions last night!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page