So much more confident for next time!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-21-2007, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So with this being my first pregnancy, on top of the fact that we had such a hard time conceiving this baby, I was VERY nervous about having a high risk pregnancy. DHs 1st wife had complications with both of their boys, my mom had a VERY rough pregnancy with my brother, and my sister had a tough time with both of her kids. Not to mention the fact that my SIL, who was SUPPOSED to have the same due date, lost her baby at 13 weeks. (thankfully she's now expecting again). So my only experiences with pregnancy have been scary.

Anyway, I went ahead and did all the testing and the sonograms and had the OB doc instead of a midwife. Partly for my DH also...his oldest was delivered by emergency cesarean...the second also c-section...so he hasn't ever had a "good" birth experience. So our agreement was that if this one goes well, and no complications, we can talk about a homebirth next time....or at very least, a birthing center!

ANYWAY, I have been negative for everything...Gest Diabetes, Strep B, birth defects, all of it. Plus the fact that this has been the easiest pregnancy in the history of the world! lol No morning sickness...not even nausea, not weird cravings, healthy weight gain, no stretch marks....as my dr put it, I was MADE for having babies lmao So I have SO much more confidence in myself and in my body that it can be done without intervention....I think I am going to find a MW for next time. I have to change docs anyway since we are moving to a different state, may as well start off on the right foot! I am just so pleased!

And even more-so that the hospital I am delivering in actually encourages most things we believe in...cord banking, no interventions, discourage inductions and ENCOURAGE going natural as long as you can. They WON'T give any supplement unless it is MEDICALLY necessary...not just b/c you're having a hard time nursing. They are extreme advocates for breastfeeding!

Anyway, I'm sorry to have rambled so long...just having a great day! If you're still with me...THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-21-2007, 12:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sounds like you are feeling very positive, confident and grateful for the experience you are having, esp. given what you've seen around you. I hope your birth turns out as you hope.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page