Lots of BH - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-24-2007, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The title says it all. I have nothing else to add. Just that I'm getting a lot of bh. Anybody else?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2007, 01:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tons! Please Please hold out for me until Thursday!!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:23 AM

I wish! Not a single one! I just can't believe everyone else has them, and I don't. I don't think it means anything...I wish I was getting some...Not even RRL tea gets them going

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

Old 12-24-2007, 02:11 AM - Thread Starter

I am also feeling a bit nauseous and have had loose stools. I was getting seriously worried about the bh and decided to go lie down. After awhile they seemed to calm some. It made me realize I'd better get my hospital bags packed completely, not half-a$$ed. Sigh. Wonder why I feel nauseous though. Oh well, one day at a time.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 12-24-2007, 02:17 AM

Getting up, sitting down, twisting, turning in bed, breastfeeding, smiling, bending down....all end up with a BH...so I am with you with lots of BHs.

I also got some kind of goop coming out -- could be my mucus plug...I will be 37 weeks tomorrow!

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

Old 12-24-2007, 02:42 AM

I'm having a lot of BH and I'm bleeding...but we DTD yesterday and it's not a LOT of bleeding so I'm crossing my legs and waiting to talk to my MW tomorrow :

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:48 AM

I've just starting getting the ones that hurt. We were at church yesterday and they surprised me, it feels like she's grinding her head down there too. yowww.

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
Old 12-24-2007, 12:33 PM

Yep yep, whenever I change positions, stand up, pee etc. etc. I can't really feel them at all, the only way I can tell is by touching my belly. Sometimes they make me feel a little breathless too, whats up with that?

Tiffany partner to Charlie and Mama to DS Ciaran (1/08) and DS Finnian (4/11)
Adding a third in July!

Old 12-24-2007, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mine also make me feel breathless at times. And they're getting more painful but are irregular. This breathless feeling reminds me of the reason panting and deep breathing during labour and birth felt good. Your body needs the oxygen, I guess.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:08 PM

Mine are stopping me in my tracks.
Feels like the baby is doing head spins down there.
Chris
Old 12-24-2007, 06:12 PM

Count me in on the having lots group, but they go away when I sit down. We went to the mall to walk around last night (and go up and down the escalator with ds) and by the end they were getting quite strong and uncomfortable.

Today is a different story, though. I'm starting to think what I have this afternoon is most definitely not bh.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:57 PM

I'm having them and the diarrhea and nausea. What is that suppose to mean? I took a shower and washed my hair and I feel better with the nausea, but still kind of snappy at everyone. I got all the towels in the wash right now so that we will be ready.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 12-24-2007, 07:38 PM

I think I have had them. But I only knew when I touched my belly and it was tight. But today was the first time I actually felt the tightening of the braxton hicks! So time is counting down and I have to get my bags packed.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:50 PM

This is kid #3 for me, and I think this time they are by far more uncomfortable than they were with the last two pregnancies. Does this indicate how different things will be in labor overall or no? Anyone else have this kind of experience?
Chris
Old 12-24-2007, 10:45 PM

i'm having lots of B-Hs too and find it surprising - they don't hurt really, but i notice the tightness and sometimes feel out of breath too. if i were timing them i think they would be about 5 minutes apart at times! but then they go away. so, does this mean anything? i'm 36 weeks + 2.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:02 AM

i'm having lots too these days..which for me is totally unusual. i don't remember having any with my first and few with my second. my midwife said its common to have more after 1 or 2 babies because the uterus needs a bit more toning to get ready for labor..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 12-25-2007, 12:19 AM

I have so many. Every time I move. I have noticed that now when I get them I get breathless and have mild, mild, mild cramping in my lower abdomen. I keep hoping they are gettin' me somewhere..... but they never do!

~*Have more than you show, speak less than you know*~

Old 12-25-2007, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
my midwife said its common to have more after 1 or 2 babies because the uterus needs a bit more toning to get ready for labor..
Interesting! I have been avoiding drinking RRL tea thinking it'll make things uncomfortable unnecessarily.....but perhaps that's fine and I should do it anyway.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:16 AM

I hadn't had a single one for my entire pregnancy until yesterday morning. Now I seem to have them constantly - they came and went all day today. They don't hurt, but they make me uncomfortable and out of breath. DH keeps saying this means things are getting closer, but I have no idea what to think seeing as I don't think the baby has even dropped yet.

wife to DH since 10/03, mama to DS (12/07)
also mom to small zoo: 3 snakes, 4 and one very lovable pit bull
Old 12-26-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert_mommi View Post
This is kid #3 for me, and I think this time they are by far more uncomfortable than they were with the last two pregnancies. Does this indicate how different things will be in labor overall or no? Anyone else have this kind of experience?
Chris
Same here. They never hurt with my last two pregnancies, but this time they hurt. I almost thought I was in labor at 30 weeks because they hurt so much and lasted 2 hours, but my mw said they were just bh's.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:51 PM

Not knowing what they feel like... I don't think I've had any, but I get these sharp stabbing pains, mostly when the baby moves. BH aren't like sudden sharp pains that make you yelp, are they?
Old 12-26-2007, 03:05 PM

no..they are more like ripples of tightening muscles that you feel like pressure, but not any pain..at least thats what i feel.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

User Tag List